every time he sings "you were the founders of the clinic in the hills" my mind automatically chants "i believe in the laurel hills conspiracy" like i'm reciting the apostles' creed
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Edited by neckwattle ()

[account deactivated]

Horselord posted:

cool story, dead of mayhem fame is at 5:17 in this music video. you can probably guess which extra is him, lol.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

WHAT IS THIS? A YOUTUBE FOR ANTS?

Edited by drwhat ()

[account deactivated]

Edited by drwhat ()

[account deactivated]
🎄MERRY C r H i STMAS MUSIC THREAD🎄
Despite the presence of Burl "HUAC NARC" Ives and the atrocious compensation of the Canadian studio voice actors who gave life to it, Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer remains the best of the big three Christmas specials. Rankin/Bass and the outsourced Japanese studios they relied on simply could not be beat.

I won't tire you with warmed-over queer readings of Rudolph (you can find those over at the New York Times), or dig into it's murky recesses, ripe for creepy-pasta and eventual Corpse narration, like when Arthur Rankin Jr revealed that the misfit doll was a misfit because she was seeing a psychoanalyst. I won't even delve into my original, unpublished reading on the pan-african/rasta implications of the segment in the special (produced during emperor Selassie's 1964 tenure as the original chairman of Organization of African Unity) where they travel to a Jamaica analogue governed by a Marcus Garvey analogue who appears as the lion of judah (plus a pair of angelic black wings he uses to get high) who refuses Rudolph and company (a euro-amerikan and an elf) permanent residence on the island for reasons of racial hygiene while asking for their help in bringing the island's inhabitants to their rightful home beyond the sea.
I will simply say that I really enjoy stop-motion animation and I wish we still made more of it.

Edited by drwhat ()

[account deactivated]

Edited by drwhat ()

tears posted:

WHAT IS THIS? A YOUTUBE FOR ANTS?

I must apologize, friends. The ancient portal through which we receive the Runes of Seeing from the great Source had quite unexpected fluxuated, and was providing us only small glimpses into otherspace. I have fashioned a sort of prismatic filter through which this small glimpse is embiggened into the shape and size to which we have become habituated. I believe this will stabilize things, but for how long I cannot say. These are ancient spells.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]