karphead posted:

the klanadian kold front caused hurricane force winds around where i live knocking out my power, internet and mobile for the past 2 days

you're welcome

[account deactivated]
oh good my hometown is in the news :)
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
never log off, never surrender

edit: wrong thread lole. oh well

Edited by second_axiom ()

[account deactivated]
Duffle bombs better make an appearance some time in the near future.
thanks for the reminder, i never got around to watching that. what a fucking depressing movie, fuck. permanazi hellworld ghouls in special murder suits soullessly wander the earth occasionally feasting on the desperate dreams of the damned
It's a good movie, really displays how absolutely corrupting of the soul fascism is.

Edited by Populares ()

it occurred to me last night that when people say they can't remember kanji/hanzi it probably in part means they literally can't recognize characters, which isn't my problem- at this point i'd say i rarely run into one (at least in japanese usage) that i haven't seen but i can't connect them to readings/words, or i forget what they "mean" exactly, and i wonder what the best way to use this to my advantage is in terms of rectifying/learning faster. probably reading more, which i don't do enough
The existing liberal order in Western Europe is unmasked as not only decadent and corrupt, but incapable and unwilling of organizing a proper response to the pandemic. All but the most indoctrinated/greatest beneficiaries of the system knew the system is inefficient and insane, but as long as people are relatively rich and comfortable it was all swept under the rug. Now everyone can see a system collapsing in on itself. All the pointing and laughing at the American response is sounding pretty hollow now that things are starting to go the same direction. Turns out our supposedly superior social democracy only had a half-hearted attempt in it. Unfortunately most people are more than willing to blame minorities rather than the system. Won't be long before even the liberal majority start thinking overt dictatorship might be preferable. Meanwhile the Left is trying to replicate the succes of post-war anti-communist social "democracy", stuck in a failed strategy.
Luckily social fascism still provides enough benefits to get drunk and play bideo games.

ultragauchiste posted:

Luckily social fascism still provides enough benefits to get drunk and play bideo games.

the small amount of labor aristos we have over here in turkey are already whining quite loudly online about the price of liquor and PS5 lol

ultragauchiste posted:

and weed

karphead posted:

ultragauchiste posted:

and weed

Reminds of Mark Fisher

chronically demotitvated, lethargic, filled with the kind of idiot porcine self-satisfaction that is the dialectical obverse of feeling paranoid. 'Better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a pig satisfied....': not for stoners, whose only commitment is to the pleasure principle, to the shortest route to total relaxation. Thought, thought requires effort man, stop oppressing me, let me sit here and babble senselessly, coz that's creative, right, don't mess with my mojo, but buy me some munchies when you go to the shop, yeh?

i love his imitation of "the youths"

but i kind of disagree w him here. I think the problem with weed is mostly the reactionary identity formed around it as a "stoner" (much like "gamer") rather than isolated consumption itself (not including the imperialism that supports this ofc). but i'm a bought off aristocrat like everyone else here so what do i know

Edited by marknat ()

i'm not going thru this bullshit alone and sober so i don't really give a fuck what mark fisher has to say unless he wants to start a cell

karphead posted:

i'm not going thru this bullshit alone

but you're not going thru it alone, you have tHE r H i z z o n E

it's a cold comfort

karphead posted:

i'm not going thru this bullshit alone and sober so i don't really give a fuck what mark fisher has to say unless he wants to start a cell

he wont. he did the ultimate self-own

rip, looks like i outlived him, tell me more about how i should medicate myself
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Acdtrux posted:

marknat posted:

reactionary identity formed around it as a "stoner"

I would be interested in someone writing an essay or book around how "psychedelic" philosophies are really just reactionary liberalism, although I am somewhat afraid that the explanation does not go deeper than this sentence, i.e. psychedelics just give you a deeper access to the hegemonic philosophy which happens to be reactionary liberalism.

Yeah that's a good point, I didn't think of that. Id say it's basically a self-serving philosophy for trust fund kids to think doing drugs is a public service or whatever. I mean you don't have to look any further than what the most popular heads of "psychedelia" have to say. If you're familiar with a guy Alan Watts, he's basically this orientalist snake these guys listen to when they're tripping. His talks are completely vapid and devoid of any content whatsoever, but they love him because you can project whatever hegemonic hippie lib shit onto it.

It's also pretty common knowledge among psychedelic enthusiasts how all of those people who claim "ego death" are actually really full of themselves, and have no humility at all.

Edited by marknat ()

big beats are the best, get high all the time
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

marknat posted:

i love his imitation of "the youths"

the main thing that's funny about Mark Fisher is that his opinions on college students were just overwrought thesaurus versions of the sort of thing you'd find on your Facebook timeline between different photos of the same green bean casserole

i havent engaged with other people irl or the broader amerikan/western culture for pretty much my entire life, making me shockingly ignorant of anything going on around me or what people care about. this makes socialization hard. i can talk about a lot of things intelligently but who cares lole. i've thought about getting new hobbies to fix this problem but i'm not sure what i'd actual;ly care about that amerikans like

second_axiom posted:

i've thought about getting new hobbies to fix this problem but i'm not sure what i'd actual;ly care about that amerikans like

ill brainstorm with u

the gaMe last night

drugs

food (this is probly the best advice)

racism

[account deactivated]

dizastar posted:

wow everyone around me is so DUMb AND SHALLOW . . . get a grip will you

i mean yeah generally if ur a minority in a settler enclave, it can feel a bit shallow at times. but in all seriousness food is a great universal, allows alot of conversation, and if you're good at cooking and knowledgable it can make things less shallow for those around you.

dizastar posted:

wow everyone around me is so DUMb AND SHALLOW . . . get a grip will you

i don't feel better than others over it.. i had a weird childhood and family that isolated me and i got online over it doing further damage and i'd prefer to fix the problem

Due to my health problems I spent my youth in isolation, one thing I'd recommend is to imagine you're a talk show host when interacting with people. In other words be very friendly and overly interested in their lives. Eventually it'll feel natural. Basically what I'm saying here is fake it till you make it.
[account deactivated]

dizastar posted:

didnt you just piss away the 1200$ imperialist racket enveloppe the amerikan gov gave to your ilk on a video game computer ... what are you talking about man talking about your childhood and family n shit...

it was a work expense. im doing mass work with hikikomori by making friends on final fANtasy 14 online and talking about doing 9/11 number two. thabnk you

dizastar posted:

didnt you just piss away the 1200$ imperialist racket enveloppe the amerikan gov gave to your ilk on a video game computer ... what are you talking about man talking about your childhood and family n shit...

agreed, as the screens say, purchases will cure you of your memories and past

it's time for everyone to watch anime
"Wherever we go, we must unite with the people, take root and blossom among them, unless we have a gaming PC" - mao