im gonna play baldurs gate 3 :sigh:

tears posted:

tfw you havent gathered your party before venturing forth

tears posted:

I'm playing this. So far my impression is it's real funny when they haven't finished the effects in cut scenes.

i just played a game called "doom 2". i thought it was pretty good
ive been playing "hades" the "roguelite" and its very Playable
Hades is very good to me
and hell, the game’s all right too!
A campaign I ran once started with mind flayers doing brainworm experiments on a spelljammer ship with a pool helm and had the escaping PCs team up with a class-level monster NPC with suspect motives. To rob me of my Baldur'$ Gate III residuals, Larian changed the much more interesting mind-flayer/human joint-project octopus ship, really a tremendous ship, into the Brand-X nautiloid, and switched the manipulative drow crusader who poisoned the helm with a kawaii (cute) githyanki fighter. She just shouts and stabs imps! Sad!!
outer wilds is on sale if yr looking for a mystlike with hella physics. i'm in it a few hours and have been out on a few spacewalks now and it really does a good job evoking the terror you would feel slipping out of orbit into dead space.
that’s what I’ve been looking for yes.
that sounds p cool but my computer is having trouble running it. please have the devs release it 22 years ago

e: good recommendation thx. starts off kinda goofy then 40 min later yr cussin bc you're trying to decipher graffiti at an ancient alien archeological site when the sun blows up again

Edited by zhaoyao ()

yah, once you're off the initial planet it's a blast

i have a five yr old graphics card (gtx 970) and it runs the game surprisingly well, I wouldn't have recommended it otherwise because you have to be a decent bideo game pilot too or you're going to fly into the sun

tears posted:

i like this game, its pretty fun, but not as fun as the hundreds of thousands of nerd-mad gamers it has spawned, 10/10

Not Recommended
1045.8 hrs on record (788.2 at review time)
tell me about your player character, Baldur’s Gamer.

tears posted:

Not Recommended
1045.8 hrs on record (788.2 at review time)

[account deactivated]
Playing factorio
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
teh rig.. i spent my trump $$$ on this

second_axiom posted:

nice

Horselord posted:

i just played a game called "doom 2". i thought it was pretty good

i too love ballet

Edited by slipdisco ()

dizastar posted:

wouldnt know... im a maoist third worldist

catchphrase

kornfan posted:

tell me about your player character, Baldur’s Gamer.

I am playing a elf thief. I am weirded out by the vague, ominous second character creation screen that seems to be asking what makes my elf horny.

I haven't played the latest edition of D&D though so maybe that's what you do now, you make a second sheet for who your character gets to bone and everyone who plays is just real horned up. I hope so, I hope they're out there chasing their dreams & making the referee of their game pretend to be various gnomes and such to have sex with.
TFW u become a Gamer because the Islamic Republic of Iran declared a death fatwa on u
dream sex partner is, for better or for worse, not a part of standard D&D 5e character creation at this time.

second_axiom posted:

mate this aint the computer case for trump thread

kornfan posted:

dream sex partner is, for better or for worse, not a part of standard D&D 5e character creation at this time.

tfw no georgian race option

Edited by sovnarkoman ()

last months tetris games:

46, 14, 81, 64, 6, 31, 12, 112, 25, 12

for an average of 40.3 lines

this months games:

20, 50, 25, 49, 11, 20, 73, 20, 79, 22

for an average of 36.9

- don't get any game out of 10 that is under 10 lines
- get a game above 100 lines
- get a game above 140 lines and show off the other colour schemes
- get a game above 230 lines and show off the 'kill screen' (i have never done this)
- average 100 lines in 10 games

jiroemon1897 posted:

TFW u become a Gamer because the Islamic Republic of Iran declared a death fatwa on u

I feel the need to point out again that the quoted text describes Mario as a plumber, but implies Luigi is merely the brother of "the plumber", who is Mario himself. I'm not entirely clear on all of this but I do remember the movie, where Mario seemed like a more experienced plumber, but Luigi was nevertheless his business partner and worked in the same trade. Can't let that go unsaid.

When Baldur's Game's story starts, the first group of NPCs are a tiefling, a hobgoblin and a drow. If you've never played D&D this is the same thing as a car with a lot of bumper stickers. Shadowheart is the only halfway decently written party member so far, and like all normies, I will marry her instead of the Polyamory alien or any of someone's three attempts to turn existing AAA chronically depressed video game heroes into Dungeons & Dragons characters. So that part's okay.
installing arch on the pc now.. soon it will be time to play video gaem
I could never get into baldurs gate 1 or 2. I tried a dozen times and I once spent a good 20 hours making a custom soundset for a boomhauer main character. I liked the hand drawn backgrounds but the combat was boring and the writing too. otoh I enjoyed and finished temple of elemental evil because it had good combat. I think it was a later version of dnd?
I just don’t think video game characters should have sex with one another. it doesn’t seem right. video games are children’s entertainment, for children. children don’t need to learn how to gain Affinity Points to unlock sex with their friends and the people they manage at work.

kornfan posted:

I just don’t think video game characters should have sex with one another. it doesn’t seem right. video games are children’s entertainment, for children. children don’t need to learn how to gain Affinity Points to unlock sex with their friends and the people they manage at work.

art should aspire to be a form of moral education before any other consideration. as for sex, it should be banned, along with the inherently libidinal mediums of video games, cartoons , and so on

dear larian so called entertainment,

second_axiom posted:

kornfan posted:

art should aspire to be a form of moral education before any other consideration. as for sex, it should be banned, along with the inherently libidinal mediums of video games, cartoons , and so on

This, But Unironically.