https://thenextrecession.wordpress.com/2020/09/13/the-us-rate-of-profit-before-the-covid/

The Coming of the Book: The Impact of Printing, 1450-1800. seems cool

kinch posted:

good shit as usual

https://medium.com/@jeff_kaye/a-real-flood-of-bacteria-and-germs-communications-intelligence-and-charges-of-u-s-4decafdc762

Thanks for posting this

[account deactivated]

pogfan1996 posted:

The point of a labor strike isn't to stop working, it is to agitate and raise consciousness around worker exploitation at a direct site of conflict

The point of a labor strike is absolutely 100% to stop working. The point of a labor strike is to starve the bourgeoisie of what they need to survive. It also materially demonstrates that the proletariat is the ultimate source of everything that humans use to survive, and that the bourgeoisie can and should be dispensed with. Its much more than a propaganda event, it has a material purpose. This is actually the primary insight that marxism lends to the labor movement in the first place.

blinkandwheeze posted:

accidentally downvoted c_man's post and have remedied this with an upvote as per poster's honor but i will publicly state that i have no strong opinion either way on its content.

Thank you for posting with honor

[account deactivated]

liceo posted:

writing a dissertation proposal right now and am focusing extensively on lucien seve's work developing a dialectical-materialist psychology. most famous for "man in marxist theory". highly recommend.
https://www.marxists.org/archive/seve/works/1974/ch2/1_1.htm

thats cool im going to read this

edit: liceo if you got anything related to psychology-marxism and education/schooling hmu

[account deactivated]

liceo posted:

tears posted:

edit: liceo if you got anything related to psychology-marxism and education/schooling hmu

sent you a pm

pm me this, as well. greetings to the zzone

[account deactivated]
it is a nice pic

that said, don't know if it's the imagery or the title's positioning (with the N sitting right under the L) but i got kind of a "dianetics" vibe
[account deactivated]
picking up this bad boy

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Acdtrux posted:

I did not realize they had suck a sick cover! that's the one published by flp?

yah, they just reprinted it

https://espressostalinist.com/2020/10/06/alliance-marxist-leninist-the-theory-of-the-black-nation-in-the-u-s-a/

karphead posted:

https://espressostalinist.com/2020/10/06/alliance-marxist-leninist-the-theory-of-the-black-nation-in-the-u-s-a/

Do you think you could summarize the argument he makes, is he pushing for Settler communism? Espresso is tediously harping on whether or not Stalin personally agreed with the "Black nation" thesis, and I just don't care, but I am curious how that affects his politics.

Please correct me, but the real ramifications of the line he's pushing here is essentially Afrikans don't constitute a nation, therefore the Black national liberation movement is a revisionist line? That we should be working towards solidarity between settlers and colonized proletarians?

The APL doesn't believe that there was any sort of internal colonization, I'm pretty sure they hold to a "racism is a bourgeois plot to divide the workers" line.

pogfan1996 posted:

The APL doesn't believe that there was any sort of internal colonization, I'm pretty sure they hold to a "racism is a bourgeois plot to divide the workers" line.

Jesus, what use is it being an anti-revisionist ML if it brought them to this? It's like, everyone is wrong but me, but lets continue doing exactly the same thing we've been doing for the past century and hope it works.

Afaik the most important aspect of anti-revisionism in the first world is an understanding of the national liberation in the first place.

Actually the most important aspects of anti-revisionism in the first world are being able to quote Stalin extensively and talk about racism in the US without talking about any events post-1956
Someone tell “espresso Stalinist” that Stalin was black actually, start here:

STALIN
History and Criticism of a Black Legend

http://www.readmarxeveryday.org/stalin/losurdo-en-20180311.html

dimashq posted:

Someone tell “espresso Stalinist” that Stalin was black actually, start here:

STALIN
History and Criticism of a Black Legend

http://www.readmarxeveryday.org/stalin/losurdo-en-20180311.html

lol

still waiting on that translation from Sinistra though

the coffee stalin blog has some neat old articles and resources that he's typed out from journals and stuff like that which is pretty cool, but in general the guy seems kind of dogmatic and ossified, like trying to just argue everything on the basis of whether stalin or hoxha said it like one of the church fathers rather than trying to understand and apply their methods and think stuff through. like he seems to take the late hoxha stuff totally repudiating mao and china seriously for example, which just seems a bit silly outside of the very specific cold war context it was said in. i think a guy with a blog like that is always going to be slightly crankish though and you'll probably find some interesting stuff there just keep his eccentric position on things in mind while you're reading
i think its cool that espresso stalinist had some videos of him speaking at a stalin society meeting & overlayed dr. doom over all his appearances.
yeah, what io said. i'm still trying to parse it and there's a few small things that bugged me about the article but i have soft spot for hoxhaists.
also espresso sucks ass

pogfan1996 posted:

amerikkkano stalinist

the orange-mocha frappuccino stalinist
Stalin wouldn't waste his time on coffee he'd just take caffeine supplements.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Reading the second edition of Divided World Divided class, the first 100 pages is him clowning on his haters in two introductions. That's really the mark of an iconic book

dizastar posted:

reading querelle de brest during commute

genet is really sick and i don't think many people are reading him nowadays, our lady of the flowers and miracle of the rose are my favourites i think.

[account deactivated]
Foucault, Power and Education - Stephen Ball (2013)
Marx and Education - Jean Anyon (2011)
ive been reading a lot about monetary policy and financial crises
First half of the Espresso Stalinist article isn't even good commu-theology folks. Lenin and Stalin never went around like nitpicky nerds with Marxism and the National Question trying to dispel something like Zionism by saying it was unscientific. Obviously it eventually formed a real country. Those national criteria Stalin laid out are important in that they would outline ethnogenesis campaigns which Bolsheviks would apply across the colonized Central Asian periphery; colonial and clan governments were replaced with national governments of trained native bureaucrats, common culture was funded by the state, borders were drawn, standardized written languages were made and taught. A foundation of Soviet policy was creating new nations.

serafiym posted:

First half of the Espresso Stalinist article isn't even good commu-theology folks. Lenin and Stalin never went around like nitpicky nerds with Marxism and the National Question trying to dispel something like Zionism by saying it was unscientific. Obviously it eventually formed a real country. Those national criteria Stalin laid out are important in that they would outline ethnogenesis campaigns which Bolsheviks would apply across the colonized Central Asian periphery; colonial and clan governments were replaced with national governments of trained native bureaucrats, common culture was funded by the state, borders were drawn, standardized written languages were made and taught. A foundation of Soviet policy was creating new nations.

This is so important to what makes "Stalinism" appealing, it's really disheartening that people will take up the title and miss this.