finally, the material conditions for revolution have arrived
i want to see the same chart for the weeks around labor day in previous years before i rent a uhaul
are people just drinking less because they aren't going out
let them drink piss
a lot of breweries and production lines were dedicated to filling kegs for bar and restaurant service, but that obviously became a waste because they're all dead. so they had to shift production lines to filling cans for people to buy at stores. this, naturally, caused an aluminum shortage.

winebaby posted:

are people just drinking less because they aren't going out

every study, survey and industry report indicates alcohol consumption in australia went up sharply post covid, with many drinking daily for the first time in their lives

i've never been a daily drinker, but i am NOT about to be outmatched by a van diemen's lander
are they actually? i haven't seen a drop in availability of alcohol, but i have noticed that there are more empty shelves at the grocery store again - soup stocks, spices, canned tomato goods, certain veggies/fruits (including frozen), maybe some other things i'm forgetting atm have been unavailable for maybe 6 weeks now. i dunno if this is just the stores i frequent, or just a regional supply chain issue or evidence of north american or global shortages
the grocery i go to has had long term out of stock issues p much across the entire store, beer aisle excluded
[account deactivated]
pic of me at the beer store after reading this thread:
Putting the chode in lenochodek
as u accumulate more beer, gas becomes increasingly irrelevant

Acdtrux posted:

change thread title to, they are running out of gas

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-09/u-s-fuel-sellers-scramble-for-alternatives-to-hacked-pipeline

This is what I drink every day so now I can commiserate with others in this thread