I also think the more likely possibility re: the Nimitz sighting is that it's a kind of viral marketing / propaganda scam for military recruitment and shaping public perception. The military collaborates with movie and game studios and creates cross-branded promotions all the time, and the story of the pill-shaped object could be ripped straight out the movie Battleship where Rihanna battles aliens from outer space that land in the ocean and rise out of the water really menacingly. The whole movie was a Navy recruitment ad (also see the new Top Gun movie coming out). Now you just pull up or fake an old video of a weather balloon and get an ex-Navy pilot to go on the Joe Rogan show and be like "woah, dude." Do you really get to chase aliens in the Navy? Science fiction movies have also become popular + Marvel movies.

They're also planning for a big war with China -- the Pentagon / arms industry / "NatSec" blob is calling this the "GPC" for "Great Power Competition." But they need pilots and tech people who are good with computers, artificial intelligence, cyber stuff. But if you're a geek who knows a lot about computers, then why would you join the military when you could get a job working for a tech company that will pay way more? Plus you don't have to join the fucking military.

Reaching that 355-ship goal for the "GPC" will be difficult though as an F-35 carrier / Marine troop transport blew up in San Diego yesterday and it looks like a total loss. Anyways what's the guy from Blink-182 up to these days?

[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

lo posted:

in relation to this he talks about contactee cults and some of the more dubious occult and political ideas they like to propound and the connections they often have with shady political organisations - there are definite links to the far right in some cases,and basically all of these contactee groups seem to have intelligence personnel involved somewhere or other. he's not really definitive on who he thinks the manipulators are but there is quite a bit of documentation of people with intelligence connections involved in everything ufo related from the contactee cults right through to hobbyist organisations so intelligence agencies seem to be one of the primary suspects.

i think the easier and likelier explanation here is that this causality is backwards: there wasn't a campaign to create and manipulate a culture of UFO watchers, rather, we have plenty of convincing evidence for the simple and likely explanation that the UFO sightings were classified aircraft testing (possibly including extremely sensitive clandestinely captured soviet aircraft,) and obviously once groups started congregating around those sightings and scrutinizing them military intelligence would have an interest in getting involved and watching them just in case. and once you get the military involved shady far right bullshit is just a no doy given

Despite its eventual descent into reactionary anti-migrant nonsense in more recent times, one of the great triumphs of ISGP is connecting the dots on this stuff. Tldr we have alex jones now because of roswell

Battleship The Movie did better in ROK than it did anywhere else. lol

trakfactri posted:

didnt merkel just disband an entire military department for having strong ties to neo-nazi leadership? lol welp.

I think I started reading about this when you posted about it aerdil maybe...? Someone from here a while back, about how militant Neo-Nazis in Germany have been cultivated and deployed by government security forces against Turkish and other "foreign residents". This recent cop-Nazi action iirc was over Baydar's role in remembrance rallies for the 1992 Mölln arson, three murders of Turks by Neo-Nazis in Schleswig-Holstein (two of them children), with the Neo-Nazis convicted of the murders released seven and 15 years later respectively.

Not surprised the Neo-Nazi cops were in Hesse, a stronghold of the CDU-FDP coalition that Ha Ha Whoops! accidentally voted with AfD, the far-right party that's supposed to be treated as political lepers by cross-party agreement, to elect a D.O.A. government in Thuringia this year. I can't imagine the Nazi-pot-stirrers much like the CDU man in Schleswig-Holstein, who came in with the far-rightists in 2017 but is the usual spineless center-right wimp holding a state his party just barely squeaked out from SPD, going from supporting the most famously anti-immigrant party chair candidate in 2017 to supporting the—allegedly—least anti-immigrant candidate in 2020, because the 2017 chair had to resign over the Oops All Nazis "crisis". If that leadership election ever even happens, because it was called on account of Plague.
Oops, more Nazis!

Neo-Nazi groups and other extremists call it Day X — a mythical moment when Germany’s social order collapses, requiring committed far-right extremists, in their telling, to save themselves and rescue the nation.

Today Day X preppers are drawing serious people with serious skills and ambition. Increasingly, the German authorities consider the scenario a pretext for domestic terrorism by far-right plotters or even for a takeover of the government.

“I fear we’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg,” said Dirk Friedriszik, a lawmaker in the northeastern state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, where Nordkreuz was founded. “It isn’t just the KSK. The real worry is: These cells are everywhere. In the army, in the police, in reservist units.”

good stuff, the 20s shaping up to be a grand decade

I'm reading The Manufacturing of Greta Thunberg by cory morningstar apart from the journalism about Greta her staunch eco anti imperialist takes were a pleasant surprise

the politics of Corp climate Grange activism and how NGO's etc tie into that etc is a subject that seems to have been monopolized by the right/centre I guess that's because a lot of left lib celebs are implicated in that
Well he just got the Oswald treatment.
And he sat down for this interview with Vice just before getting killed? Haha wow couldn't be more obvious could it

[account deactivated]
“I’ve spoken with trusted comrades, and Reinoehl is known among us. He’d been seen doing real work opposing Fascists before the self-defense incident.

I’ve also seen eye-witness accounts of his murder, and that’s what it was. It was a targeted hit by a number of police agencies including US Marshals special operations/high risk team, the same chuds who were playing at riot cop in Portland. They had unmarked SUVs watching the street and they put around 25 rounds into him. He was unarmed, the person whose home he was killed in front of said he had no rifle or other visible gun.

It’s also notable that 10-15 minutes after his death, there was already a police statement and a New York Times article. The only explanation is that the police and NYT prepared their releases before Reinoehl was killed. It was a stone cold hit job, and they want us to know it was. The terror message is "We can kill you in the street and get away with it. We can get to you”

I think this assassination served a few purposes: first as a revenge killing, since they consider Nazis friends and allies, and second as a chilling effect on armed Left community defense, especially those who speak out about it. It appears they timed the kill to occur WHILE his Vice interview was airing and Trump was tweeting about it. They likely knew his self-defense claim would be upheld and they just couldn’t have that precedent out there, and there was likely high level support for the killing.

There’s not a whole lot of ambiguity left in my mind about this. It doesn’t matter at this point whether Reinoehl wasn’t perfect. When push came to shove, he defended his community, wouldn’t be silent about it, and died for the cause. This is not the first civil rights struggle where pigs did outright assassinations. May it be the last.“

pogfan1996 posted:

“I’ve spoken with trusted comrades, and Reinoehl is known among us. He’d been seen doing real work opposing Fascists before the self-defense incident....“

oh ok

his handler says he's legit, case closed

When police last week surrounded Michael Forest Reinoehl, a self-described anti-fascist suspected of fatally shooting a member of a far-right group in Portland, Ore., the wanted man wasn’t obviously armed, a witness to the scene said Wednesday.

In fact, according to Nate Dinguss, Reinoehl was clutching a cellphone and eating a gummy worm as he walked to his car outside an apartment complex in Lacey, Wash. That’s when officers opened fire without first announcing themselves or trying to arrest him, Dinguss, a 39-year-old who lives in the apartment complex, said in a statement shared with The Washington Post.

Dinguss’s account of the Sept. 3 fatal shooting, first reported by the Oregonian, contradicts details offered by federal authorities, who said Reinoehl, 48, pulled a gun as members of a fugitive task force tried to arrest him. Two other witnesses also told the Olympian they had seen Reinoehl fire a weapon at police.

Dinguss, whose attorney described him as an ordained minister, said he fears reprisals from far-right groups and police for describing what he saw unfolding outside his apartment.

“We are very concerned for our client’s safety for speaking out, both from the fascist right, and retaliation by law enforcement,” said Luke Laughlin, his attorney, in a statement.

There are few official details about what happened next. At least four members of the task force, which included officers from a variety of local agencies, fired dozens of times at Reinoehl; the U.S. Marshals Service later said he had a handgun, but it wasn’t clear whether he had ever fired it at police.

Dinguss said he never saw Reinoehl pull out a gun.

He said he watched as two unmarked police vehicles converged on Reinoehl as he walked to his car, holding his phone and chewing on a piece of candy. The officers never audibly identified themselves and didn’t try to arrest Reinoehl, Dinguss said.

Instead, he said they immediately began firing. When Reinoehl heard the gunfire, he ducked behind his car, which was pinned in by the law enforcement vehicles; he never tried to get inside, Dinguss said, and never reached for a weapon. Dinguss said he watched police unleash rapid-fire rounds at Reinoehl, once pausing to shout “Stop!” before resuming their fire.

Dinguss added officers waited “multiple minutes” before rendering medical aid to Reinoehl, who died at the scene from several gunshot wounds.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/10/reinoehl-portland-antifa-killing-police/

It's spelled Rhinehole, dingus
saw this article today. basically there is this American company with facilities here called rocket lab that does satellite launches up in a rural area, and this has been touted as a great example of bringing tech jobs to the country and stuff like that. anyway it turns out that they're definitely cia and are probably developing space based weapons systems of some kind:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300102583/rocket-labs-new-hire-has-roots-in-the-cia-laser-weapons-and-space-militarisation posted:

Rocket Lab’s new board member headed the CIA’s venture capital firm and is a proponent of deploying high-powered laser weapons in space.

Michael D. Griffin, who was until recently an Under-Secretary of Defense in the Trump administration, was welcomed onto the board of the aerospace and small satellite company in August.

The 70-year-old aerospace engineer and physicist has had a colourful, glittering and at times controversial career in the space industry.

In the 1980s he held a senior role in then-president Ronald Reagan's Strategic Defence Initiative ballistic missile defence programme, and later headed NASA.
Griffin also once served as the president of In-Q-Tel, which he described in a 2013 NASA oral history as the venture capital fund of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

“I was running what was essentially a technical venture capital fund whose purpose was to make products and services available to the intelligence community,” he said.
n-Q-Tel uses funds from the CIA to invest in companies producing technology of use to the agency and the wider intelligence community, according to a Northwestern University study.

In 2016, Rocket Lab chief executive Beck was among the speakers at a summit for chief executives of companies associated with In-Q-Tel. A programme from the summit indicated Rocket Lab was among the firm’s portfolio companies at the time.

Rocket Lab is not currently listed as a portfolio company on In-Q-Tel’s website.

A Rocket Lab spokeswoman would not say whether the company remained on In-Q-Tel’s books.

Nor would the company disclose how much money it had received or what products it had developed for the spy agency venture capital firm.

Griffin appeared at a 2019 summit focussed on directed energy weapons – which include lasers, microwaves and particle beams – hosted by US consulting giant Booz Allen Hamilton.

[account deactivated]
Buzzfeed posted a big thing recently about money laundering which is kind of interesting but also pretty limited in scope. Its a very well managed leak and even of the tiny fraction of all that was in principle available that buzzfeed actually got a hold of theyre only releasing bits and pieces. The content itself isnt really surprising at all unless you think a bank would turn down money if it didnt absolutely have to. It does make me wonder about the provenance of the leaks tho. I dont have anything much to say but its fun to think "limited hangout" to myself
the media has already latched on to north korea/russia/iran using uk banks to avoid sanctions so i think its immeasurably safe to say "limited hangout"
i made a reading list for myself that this thread may like, dunno, here is my preface i wrote for the thjing on social media and the link

i made a reading list, and it's all over the place and kind of long lol. i left a bunch of stuff out i could have added too. this list is not politically-focused and the histories provided in the link, with the exception of black sun, are not "rigorous" academic or political ones, and this is intentional (though i have those, recommendations and links available upon request). anyways it is a list of reading about psychedelic drugs, indigenous/alternative history, myth and science, anthropology and ecology, some stuff about the history of nazi occultism and amerikan witchcraft, and some poetry and literature that i enjoy at the end

https://pastebin.com/8v9P6Xc1
ned kelly mango sentinel theory
[account deactivated]
Reading a February 2019 counterclaim filed by this contractor / mercenary / shady P.R. guy who ghost-wrote Erik Prince's Blackwater memoirs and is tied up with the Committee on the Present Danger, the old neocon / anti-communist outfit from the 1950s. The court document involves a lawsuit with Guo Wengui (New Federal State of China) who sued the P.R. guy for defamation after previously working with him. Guo been recently relaxing on his yacht, the 151-foot Lady May (currently anchored off Ellis Island), with Steve Bannon, who was arrested in August by the postal police for fraud in a border wall scam. The postal service has maritime and amphibious assault capabilities and boarded the Lady May and dragged Sloppy Steve's ass off the boat and everything. Guo has gone completely off the rails since -- but more on that in a second.

What's interesting about this lawsuit is that it details a proposed psyop campaign to woo journalists and pay social media influencers in the online MAGA army to boost anti-China messages and Guo himself, build his profile and catch Trump's eye to prevent his ass from being deported back to China. They did apparently lure one journalist into biting the cheesy bait, the red-baiting hipster fascist Michael Moynihan of Vice who filmed a bit with Guo as a wacky, "anti-corruption" eccentric with a fluffy dog. But that particular fish probably wasn't hard to catch.

They also imagined turning Guo into a Mikhail Khodorkovsky figure -- exiled-billionaire-turned-freedom-fighter -- except for China. Next, they wanted the two d00ds to meet and work together in overthrowing the Russian and Chinese governments. And this wasn't just political for Guo, it was because the Communist Party took a bunch of his fucking money... the nerve! And he wants his money back, in addition to seizing other profit-making opportunities that would come with toppling the Communist Party and (presumably) having himself installed into power as the HHIC (of China).

All is not well in Troll Town, however. In early September, after the postal police arrested Sloppy Steve, Guo declared war on other right-wing, anti-communist exiles in a LaRouchian-sounding campaign called "Operation Take Down," which involves Guo's army of blue-shirted New Federal State of China activists arriving at the homes of rivals in the anti-China scene. This has apparently happened in the U.S., Australia and New Zealand and has turned violent at least once.

One of Guo's targets is Bob Fu, a Christian pastor who sits on the Committee on the Present Danger's board. The shady P.R. guy who was involved in the lawsuit had his Twitter account temporarily locked down, accusing Guo of ordering his minions to mass report his tweets. And the way Guo is going after these guys is calling them all communist spies, which has them steamed for sure. In return, they're calling Guo a communist spy who has been sent by Xi Jinping himself to divide the anti-CCP movement. But they used to get along. Pastor Bob signed a 2017 letter supporting Guo after Voice of America filmed an interview with him but didn't air it, which caused a shitstorm at the time in this whole scene of self-promotional Cold Warriors tied up with right-wing political groups in the U.$.A.

Edited by trakfactri ()

lol, they can't even turn Khodorkovsky into a "Khodorkovsky figure"
Yeah, I don't follow him, so I'll buy that. It's just funny, though. Like Bannon is also on the Committee on the Present Danger and Guo has been his meal ticket, and it all kicked off after his arrest. Were these guys thinking this billionaire was going to fund them in perpetuity? Bannon, yes. But Guo is scam artist, albeit a very wealthy one, and also a complete whackjob and an egomaniac who is now burning down their house. Vice tried their best to shape his image but it never clicked, he comes across too much as looking like a Bond villain.

I forgot to mention that the Erik Prince guy named the Hudson Institute and the Atlas Foundation (a.k.a. Atlas Network) as being more effective for their purposes despite their smaller budgets. Actually, that lower profile allows them to swim like fish in the sea. Saagar Enjeti, co-author of "The Populist's Guide to 2020," is one of the Hudson Institute's d00ders and has a show aimed at the Bernie supporters, with him as the conservative who "gets it."

cars posted:

ned kelly mango sentinel theory

? ? ?

[account deactivated]
lmao

cars posted:

The entire United States news press for the next week: Actually this is about ethics in suicide watch policy.

Thinking about how I posted this the day Epstein got murdered and then it actually happened

To balance the W with a L, I also talked about how John Bolton was one of the boring Bush-era types who got moved into the White House when most of Trump’s manic, blabby personal cronies got fired.

What I failed to predict was that the guy was SO much a part of the Bush-era set that he was either a plant like Comey from the start or just got fed up when he didn’t become de facto president, Alexander Haig-style, even though he was the biggest good boy in the West Wing, and so Bolton blabbed even more than the people he replaced, like, he built the next stage of his career around that among the people who saw him up to that point as a blood enemy.

trakfactri posted:

But Guo is scam artist, albeit a very wealthy one, and also a complete whackjob and an egomaniac who is now burning down their house. Vice tried their best to shape his image but it never clicked, he comes across too much as looking like a Bond villain.

lol guo wengui s outlet leaked a video of hunter biden getting a footjob thanks guo&bannon
gleen grenwald quit the intercept because they wouldn't publish his hunter biden piece

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/article-on-joe-and-hunter-biden-censored
Anyone notice the frequency of terror attacks in Europe this past month? Almost nothing for years and then suddenly a bunch of them back to back.