招瑤 posted:

tears posted:

karphead posted:

anyone have any links?

yes

o you

i shoulda saw it coming

Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia posted:

So a couple of weeks ago I had emergency surgery, relatively minor but surgery nonetheless, it was a couple nights in hospital, and I'm all good now. The only cost was I had to pay for a prescription after I was discharged but that was less than ten bucks. More than once I reflected on the fact that if I was in amerikkka I'd have wound up dead and/or bankrupt from that. It's not even the first time the health care system here has saved my life. But it does give one pause, the knowledge that what turned out to be a relatively simple matter and minor disruption to my life could have been fatal if I was somewhere else, someone else.

glad you're ok man. I've had similar thoughts, the health system here is fucked up and full of holes but if I was in the states I'd definitely be homeless already from medical expenses

[account deactivated]
i went out for a wall in the twilight, 33 degrees out, thunderstorms on the horizon, dust underfoot, humidity rising, barley ripening, sunset blazing, headphones blaring, cigarette in hand, smoke burning in my lungs, caffeine and nicotine coursing through my blood, sublime moments

I want some nicotine so bad
can i have your bike

dizastar posted:

its not a bad break, they gave me a splint and said it had to be immobilized for a while... its just that im much more lethargic now and it sucks

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

dizastar posted:

its not a bad break, they gave me a splint and said it had to be immobilized for a while... its just that im much more lethargic now and it sucks

my jaw is broken and wired shut right now, so i can't sympathize, because im drinking thousands of chocolate-flavored high-calorie high-protein nutritional beverages, by far my favorite food

i twisted my ankle the other day
My eyebrow is pretty bruised and swollen. I ran head first into a low-hanging tree limb while playing chase with my cat at night.
If I'm out in the garden he'll come charging out of the grass (it's pretty cool, he's like a little lion) and fly past me, and then "hide" somewhere nearby and roll over, wanting me to come get him, and then he'll take off again when I come running. Just got totally owned though.

spent the last few days figuring out full system encryption for my arch linux build. now the nsa will never see my jdpon memes, unless they beat me with a rubber hose until they get the password.
[account deactivated]
Fall off the off-bike: Let's play "Real Injury"
it's covid time at work whos ready for an indefinite duration of 12 hours on 12 hours off
brexit is happening so now i have to prove to the dutch government why i shouldn't be deported

this is stupid i just want to be left alone to fix bicycles and crts in peace
someone has spray painted a swastika on the side of my house. if i catch this person i will kill them
wtf?
there was one on the bus stop the other day so i guess some teen thinks he's taking back the netherlands for gurt wilders or something. i'm going to take a photo then try scrubbing it off with acetone

Horselord posted:

someone has spray painted a swastika on the side of my house. if i catch this person i will kill them

well fuck
[account deactivated]
i wiped swastika off in like 3 seconds because the guy who did it was stupid or a pussy and only sprayed it on the window. i'm going to keep an eye on the neighbourhood on the chance i can find the kid who's doing it and give him a slap or two for his troubles.

not all things are bad in horse world though in the past few weeks i got given a bang and olufsen tv from the 90s and an iiyama monitor with a diamondtron tube in it. i think i wasnt inducted into consumer culture properly because my taste hasnt moved forwards since 2002. mostly i just want to sleep
Probably some kid, yeah. Watching that SLC Punk scene again reminds me how little has changed since the 90s and how a lot of these little teenage fash cliques are the same except they don't shave their heads as much. The local group here ended up getting into some trouble because they decided to plaster up this shitkicking redneck town, except the cops in that town are the kind who will lock you up for looking a little funny let alone vandalizing the county courthouse on the town square, and however right wing these pasty kids from the suburbs thought they were, they were going to stick out over there. And can you believe this? The leader of the gang pouted when the cops slapped the handcuffs on him -- on camera! Not making it up. Tells you everything you need to know.
i got my ebt card.
my gf used the term 'tankie' in earnest recently and i was over here like
so you single?
honey... buterrcup... I'M a tankie
I sell tanks in the community
losing my mind at how deeply falsified the past and the present and so, inexorably, the future, are
this is the age of the jelly spine and all the deeply anxious pc liberals are going to pay for being cowards
its a friggin court for bears Lois!!
"BEAR court? I thought you said BARE court!" I say as the bear bailiff mauls my nude body

My first day as a bailiff in Bear Court. "Don't worry," the judge's gruff baritone rumbled as he hiked up the belt barely containing his healthy belly, "even though we're the top court, we nurture our cubs. If anyone gives you any trouble, you can be sure they'll be bottoming a world of hurt." I barely noticed the strange phrasing: as he scratched his rugged beard thoughtfully with one enormous hairy knuckle all I could think about was how comforting it would feel for those strong broad hands to grasp my scrawny shoulders...
Tankie is so played out. It's from a different era. It's not about tanks as much these days but an array of land-based, multi-domain anti-access/area denial forces deterring aggression and marked by huge, overlapping "bubbles" of interdicted space. Call me a bubblehead.

I don't even own a tank

trakfactri posted:

NATO has countries while Russia has "military districts". Crimea and all of Belarus is "Russian proxy operating locations" but the NATO-backed coup government's area of control is beige & neutral, just normal Ukraine where a Nazi-Wiccan Luna-Bar militia has been absorbed into the national army.

hmmmm

HMMMMM

lol