I'm playing Dirt Rally 2 finally, it's not as good as Forza but it's pretty good
if you want to shoot a lot of Marines then play Unreal Return to Na Pali where you go back to Na Pali and shoot Marines.
playing fantasy racism simulator known as warhammer 2 total war a lot lately. realized that i keep coming back to total war games because they are not too slow for my distraction addled brain but they are also not too fast, with the pauses and turns etc, for my already halfway senile brain
i have been playing a little bit of flavour-of-the-moment-if-you-have-a-playstation-because-its-free-on-ps+ game known as "fall guys". it's one of those ideas that seems obvious in retrospect - a battle royale inspired by wacky physical game shows like takeshi's castle. 60 players to a match and that gets whittled down over the course of 5 rounds. it's bright and colourful and fast paced. it'll be interesting to see how much longevity it has considering the limited amount of skill involved - the controls are extremely simple and beyond some very basic strategies you are kind of at the mercy of luck as far as how the environment and your movements are affected by the mob of other players. this makes it great for casuals like me but can this sort of game sustain a player base long term without the pro streamers and esports types keeping it 'relevant'? (spoiler: almost certainly not because that spotlight is a big driver for microtransactions)
i played a little bit of "legend of the obra dinn" which is a fun concept with a bad setting
[account deactivated]

cars posted:

my short term tetris goals for this 10 level 19 game thing, ranked by how hard i think it'll be to get

- don't get any game out of 10 that is under 10 lines
- get a game above 100 lines
- get a game above 140 lines and show off the other colour schemes
- get a game above 230 lines and show off the 'kill screen' (i have never done this)
- average 100 lines in 10 games

if i get that last goal the videos will be like 50 minutes so i guess at that point i'd stop and think about some other challenge ha
playing myst... clicking stuff
just flipped a switch

Synergy posted:

thinking about Booster, mario's first gay kiss from the Super Mario fictional universe

88888 posted:

just flipped a switch

sounds like you just fucked up

last month's games: 13, 42, 8, 70, 22, 7, 24, 11, 32, 50 - average of 27.9

this month's games:

15, 21, 23, 56, 8, 6, 34, 10, 10, 17 - average of 20

verdict: i have not improved.

best game is at 3:19 if u want to watch
i think i actually have improved but its not reflected in these sample videos. ah well.
Clearly the brazillian left needs to make a JFK style assassination game.
yep, just a game.
when I go home I'll do a fallout 1+2 run should take about a week.
The master winning was the good ending tbqh.
really adore the voice acting of fallout 1/2, especially the master's

Edited by Chthonic_Goat_666 ()

ok apparently i cant upload a video to youtube longer than 15 minutes unless i 'verify' my google account. nevermind then. my second video was 15:10 which means this is a recent change.

Edited by Chthonic_Goat_666 ()

well, i still like doing this as an exercise, so just trust that i got the following games;

46, 14, 81, 64, 6, 31, 12, 112, 25, 12

for an average of 40.3

- don't get any game out of 10 that is under 10 lines
- get a game above 100 lines
- get a game above 140 lines and show off the other colour schemes
- get a game above 230 lines and show off the 'kill screen' (i have never done this)
- average 100 lines in 10 games

FINAL FANTASY XVI Trailer LIVE REACTION | tpaine SCREAMS at a CHOCOBO
Is there anyone who is good to watch play the new feudalism simulator? I dont want to learn how to operate the feudalism simulator myself.

c_man posted:

Is there anyone who is good to watch play the new feudalism simulator? I dont want to learn how to operate the feudalism simulator myself.

If you played the old one then you already know how to play the new one. They actually made it very intuitive unlike all of their other games and I figured out how to play competently within an hour.

E: I also started with a backwater county where not much happens so I wouldn’t have to juggle 10 things immediately

the tutorial is good enough apparently
some years ago i was working on a skyrim mod. i still really like the underlying mechanical idea i was trying to express, but i also wanted to add a storyline to it — to help the player get their feet wet with the new mechanics, and also to add some extra puzzles, intrigue, fun, etc

anyway, the other day i came across my old project files & notes. I had gotten pretty far generating assets and whatnot (i had stalled out a bit on bump-maps), but then i looked over some of my scene outlines and remembered a realization I'd had. it's something that really bugs me about dialogue in elder scrolls games, and about bethesda's oeuvre in general, that only became obvious to me when it became a fetter

consider for a moment how rare it is in TES games that a conversation ever involves more than exactly two participants, with or without your participation (but most especially with). it's not even clear to me that there's a way to set up a conversation with more than one other person in the engine — i.e., to have a third character interject in a discussion you're having

you can have tenuous and very strictly coded "conversation" type scenes between multiple NPCs where you're either frozen or free to run about, but you're essentially not involved in the proceedings until one participant calls upon you directly; otherwise (and even then), it's always a claustrophobic one-on-one. it creates a weird, narcissistic kind of space for the player, where if you're not the center of focus then you may as well be off flipping over buckets or whatever. otherwise you've got Social Interaction Blinders on to fix you on exactly one entity at a time. you've got to fully finish your discussion with A before you can interact with B, atomized and hermetically isolated — a burlap-sack demiplane of discourse to which you can only invite one guest at a time. i never noticed how much i don't like this until i was actually trying to write dialogue in the style of a play

it's probably more an "ease of design" thing than a "use this to draw broad conclusions about Bethesda designers' views on human sociality" thing. but i still do
Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic is on sale apaprently. did we like that one or does it have a buncha Tropico style shit where it's like "steal from the people, comrade!! is very good to be PARTY ELITE"
I tried W&R:SR and then let it sit for a while to wait for development to get a bit more complete, but as far as I recall there was none of the characterization or political system of Tropico, it's a straight up city builder and resource manager, more like Banished but with complexity and Soviet aesthetics
mario galaxy is cool and fun, missed that one despite owning a wii at the time of its release. i fucking love teh nintendo switch