Punished Eric is channeling Bill Hicks near the end there.
Unboxing Laura Palmer Wrapped in Plastic Funko POP! Figure
watching this docu after hearing that monbiot got really salty over it lol

aside from the overpopulation shit and bits of weird philosophizing and boomer taste in music it s alright
every day I take time to grow closer to Hololive

cars posted:

every day I take time to grow closer to Hololive stalin

[account deactivated]
im going to watch goke body snatcher from hell
[account deactivated]
watched Relic, it's extremely good. dementia runs in my family (as evidenced by my posts) and it really hit home
some guy made this whole thing for free. the theme song alone is a work of art

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/761671

-snip-changed my mind in the light of day-

also, warning; apparently the homemade-anime-frot-site mightn't be on the up and up vis. redirects and stuff which ultimately only robs them of views which is pretty fitting considering

Edited by devscoots ()

[account deactivated]

devscoots posted:

some guy made this whole thing for free. the theme song alone is a work of art

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/761671

this person will have a pilot aired on adult swim within 12 months

[account deactivated]
Today someone sent me a link to a video about a taser shotgun made for united $naKKKe$ pigs in partnership with mossberg. pretty much just a urine-colored mossberg 500 that could only fire special ammunition designed for it, a rifled version of the taser ammunition they also offered for sale for "tactical" police shotguns. Either cartridge held a battery in a barbed shell that stabbed your little brother, grandmother, etc. with four prongs when the pig shot them, then popped apart into two pieces connected by wires. Six sharp spines popped out on the piece that swung loose. the impact was supposed to whip that second piece around on the wires fast enough that the spines would impale some other part of the victim's body and complete the circuit, and they'd get electrocuted. if that didn't work and the victim tried to pull the projectile out of their body, one of the connecting wires was completely bare so they'd get electrocuted that way too. The taser shotgun's other big feature was a clamp on the grip to mount a real taser under the barrel, because the shotgun & ammunition were only designed to operate within a limited min/maximum range.

Each round cost one hundred and twenty five US dollars by itself, and the guy hosting the video is of the opinion that his country's pigs are scrupulously frugal about their yearly anti-demos weapons stockpiling (his example target's a menacing figure threatening the shotgun-toting oinker with "a rock" from over 35 feet away), so that's why they didn't adopt the piss electro shotgun. More realistically, pigs didn't want it because tasers are generally used by cops as on-the-spot extralegal punishment against someone their fellow cops have already slammed face-down onto the street, and that makes a shotgun version superfluous & bad optics. Since the pig "riot control" strategy is usually to fill a quota of desultory arrests, then attack anyone in the territory the pig street gang claims for its own with an overpriced collection of armored vehicles, clubs, grenade rounds and bullets, immobilizing someone 90 feet away, for ~20 seconds tops, didn't pepper any bacon.

anyway there's a little metal ridge around the breech face to prevent the weapon from firing lethal ammunition, not planned by the designers & added so cops couldn't chain-sue them when they "accidentally" filled some drunk freshman with 00 buckshot. that means the taser shotgun is not considered a "real" firearm under zany $naKKKe$ gun laws, and you can find them all over the place online since no pig ever asked for one for Christmas.
[account deactivated]

cars posted:

and you can find them all over the place online since no pig ever asked for one for Christmas.

surprised they havent used recent protests as an opportunity to sell a half a million of these as part of the very serious process of deescalation

i just watched highlander, so now i think that's the best thing i've ever seen. when sean connery said "the quickening" a thunderstorm knocked the power out in real life

[account deactivated]
i just watched some cartoon network thing called infinity train. its your basic alice in wonderland phantom tollbooth kind of thing, the standard formula a kid with a problem goes to narnia and learns a lesson and goes home. except this time the land of oz is a Snowpeircer and most of the kids and the characters they meet think that the premise is dumb and gay and decide to do something else instead. one of them murders a cop by slowly forcing him into the wheels and she's grinning the whole time he screams and her face is getting splattered with blood and the camera doesnt cut away at all. if this had been on tv when i was 10 years old i would've gone fuckin nuts for this show.
[account deactivated]
snowpeircer has a lot going for it. like an evil witch woman and a scene where everyone gets murdered with axes
My chief complaint is the rebels didn't literally eat the rich train car by train car.
classic
bad connection, a v frustrating listen. reminded me of how i was trying to listen to a lecture on the radio about the relationship between drugs and war throughout history but two nearby stations on the same frequency kept interrupting w bible sermons and country music
[account deactivated]

glen or glenda was unironically p progressive for its time beats watching leftube videos anyway

two thumbs extremely up
i watched a dreadful movie called SATAN NEVER SLEEPS about some straw communists terrorizing a couple of white priests. it literally begins with this card:

it's got it all! a rape that is totally forgiven once the dirty commie rapist converts to christianity (& promises to marry the girl, who is now with-child), a bunch of weird chastisement of one priest by the other for his presumed feelings for a chinese girl, an evil russian "consultant" who comes in and tells the reds they aren't doing it right

all this stretched out over a 2hr5min running time! it's apparently an adaptation of a Pearl Buck novel (lol) but most people can only find a novelization of the film that they worked on..? it's confusing and the title is way too badass to be wasted on such a tiresome thing
now i will get back to watching How Yukong Moved the Mountains
continuing my HUAC film festival, i checked out The Woman on Pier 13, originally titled I MARRIED A COMMUNIST. in this movie, the CPUSA is the mafia i guess? the main party-leader character is basically just a coin-flipping mob boss going around threatening people, and trying to fuck up union deals(?) via the main character, who was in the party as a youth but "graduated from it" once he "wised up". he spends the movie being blackmailed by the party leader, who wants to reveal that he was a communist, by making him go around outwardly acting like (the film's idea of) a communist. it makes little sense, and sucks real hard.

aesthetically though, it was a nicely lit/shot noir. occasionally i was like "whoa. damn, nice" at how the screen looked