[account deactivated]
I often have dreams that are little movies. This was from a few years ago:

An Adam Sandler movie called "The Savant". It starts with Adam Sandler playing a successful college football coach. He has no background in sports, so he's asked how he came to be such a great coach. He says he was always obsessed with college football, and learned everything there was to know just by reading and watching. Then there's a flashback to his obsessive days.
Interior of an old abandoned warehouse. We see that a huge portion of the walls are covered in newspaper clippings, tens of thousands of them, about college football. Then a hand comes in from off-screen and pastes another article on on the wall with some sort of clear, viscous glue. The camera turns, and it's Adam Sandler, disheveled and dead-eyed. His tongue is swollen and hanging limp from his mouth, 5 or 6 inches long, nearly dried out, covered in callouses and cuts. He takes another clipping, drags it across his tongue, giving himself a papercut in the process, and pastes it on the wall. He does this maybe four more times before I wake up.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I dreamed I formed an adhoc militia to ambush and kill a special forces team. It was a success.
[account deactivated]

Populares posted:

I dreamed I formed an adhoc militia to ambush and kill a special forces team. It was a success.

My dreams more often involve getting ambushed and killed by a special forces team, so thank you for intervening in the dream world and doing battle with the ghostly commandos who have been haunting me. I can sleep much better now.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
dreamed i accidentally poisoned my goldfish by feeding them nutritional yeast and flour instead of fish food. i don't have any fish
yeah, now you don't. fish murderer - next
more like nightmare thread!! imo

toyot posted:

i have stress dreams about schoolwork and typically the stress wins, but my favorites become when i think of little outs and excuses. like that it's okay i'm failing in physics, because i have my friends and i chose to spend time with them instead, and it was a good choice, and the physics will be there tomorrow.

I hear these are common dreams; I haven't been to school in about 7 years but I still have dreams that it's the end of the school year and I've been avoiding a class or two the entire year. I keep thinking I should go in just to make an appearance to maybe get some credit, but I feel it's too late anyway and the teacher would be too angry with me for avoiding it all this time. It's a horrible feeling, and waking up comes as such a great relief.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Parenti posted:

I hear these are common dreams; I haven't been to school in about 7 years but I still have dreams that it's the end of the school year and I've been avoiding a class or two the entire year. I keep thinking I should go in just to make an appearance to maybe get some credit, but I feel it's too late anyway and the teacher would be too angry with me for avoiding it all this time. It's a horrible feeling, and waking up comes as such a great relief.

same, but is it not a mark of educational excellence that we should all be left with enough residual anxiety to play out across intermittent nightmares spanning the rest of our natural lives?

Edited by solidar ()

liceo posted:

two part last night

1. in a large marble hall, presumably a museum room but without anything inside of it. there are a lot of strangers. i stand at the door with a spray bottle. children keep trying to pry open the door and break into the room, but i don't let them through by spraying mist at the door which prevents them from opening it.

solidar posted:

one of the best things about smoking w33d is that i don't remember my dreams, i hate my dreams, dreams suck, weed4life

that's actually the worst part, the best part is you're dreaming all day

i used to dream about the house that i grew up in a lot. a reoccuring theme was that after all this time i was moving back in and getting everything back to how it was. the details of the house and it's layout would often be different to how they really are, but in the dream they seem correct. the later versions of this dream would have me think about how i'd had this dream before but now it's really happening

eventually they became about returning to old homes that i'd rented in the more recent past, with the idea that after not being there for years i'd still have a right to those places and that my stuff would still be there. in these dreams i'd be planning to split my life between these places and my real home. in these dreams, the old homes would have the same archetectural style and locations to places i'd lived irl but were otherwise very different

i don't get those so much now. instead i get a lot of dreams about visiting landmarks and holiday destinations which, in the dream i'm very familiar with, but don't exist in real life. they're all jumbled up from memories of my home town, or places like scarborough or torquay. one i really liked had rows of seaside hotels all over a mountain. sometimes my home town and where i live now are merged

in the last dream i had of that last type i was looking at a whole new part of what was supposed to be my home town. there was a big old victorian building that in the dream was staffed by nuns. as i took pictures of it, a black dog took my entire hand in his mouth and wouldn't let go. it didn't hurt, but i woke up after it became clear the dog's owner wasn't in any rush
there was a dream thread in lf and swampman dreamed about putting citrus dents in cop cars. I have his file right here
Had a dream the other day that I was on trial for a felony. I was completely innocent and my attorney had a slam dunk defense and had obviously convinced the judge (no juries in this dream world). During recess my attorney told me to go home, which I did somehow, only to be informed later that I had fled custody and committed a felony :(
I keep having dreams about getting into fistfights and winning.

colddays posted:

I keep having dreams about getting into fistfights and winning.

oh, so YOU are the motherfucker who keeps beating the shit out of me in my dreams

[account deactivated]
major headline today: rhianna's nightmare skin routine, or at least that's how i read it first
[account deactivated]
i had a dream that i went to a mcdonalds to get lunch for the (dead irl) grandmother who was living in a retirement home that seemed like a fancy hotel. on the way back i noticed that the retirement home/hotel was gone and i had to ramp my car off of a staircase into a fountain in order to access the secret underground pathway. once there i had to press the magic runes in a certain order to progress. when that was done i woke up.
im in a corner shop with someone else, two children come in and use a stolen credit card to pay for some goods, we all laugh because it is very funny; the shop keeper is in on the joke. outside, across the cobbled street a watch shop is smashed and looted while i browse the corner shop. i leave the shop and am mugged by a pair of children on the way home, they take my phone. as i approach home i laugh and joke with another pair as i walk up the path to the door. i have forgotten the keypad code to the door but someone has left it open
the two of us fight side by side, back and forth with the man with the long dark hair in a great square arena. the fight continues on an on, til we all get in tiny vehicles and continue to fight, driving round the arena. i am injured and have to stop. the man begins to overpower my companion, i leap on his back, and pull his hair. he bits my arm. i ask my companion is she has a gun, its time to end this. i wake up
i was taking some kind of trip with my family. maybe it was a flight or a boat ride, though inside it just kinda felt like a crowded room without many seats. it was full of obnoxious americans, packed too tightly for pandemic safety and no one was masked. there was one bald one-eyed man who was making very loud remarks about how it was all a hoax anyway. they gave us books on entry at least, which i guess was nice.

at the end of the trip, they revealed, no, the books weren't to keep, hope you read it all on the way, haha. here, put it in this pail on your way out, and we'll hand them to the folks taking the return trip. they probably won't tell them how many hands it's passed through, just like they didn't tell us. my dad and i lamented cost-saving measures that amount to just passing anonymous fomites.

on the bright side, i got a bunch of used audio equipment set up in the back seat of a (rental?) car and turned the thing into a makeshift isolation booth. we planned to talk about it over dinner. there's this well-reviewed place ten blocks away, called Yuck. sort of an asian fusion place, i guess, with an emphasis on spicy food. we all took separate routes there, on foot

on my way, i passed a lot of other places with names similar to Yuck. turns out they're all owned by the same parent company anyway. a tourist handed me a bag of half-exploded fireworks they were using to torment someone else on the street. seemed like there were live embers in the bag, so i tossed it away and it burst into purple flame and popped and crackled otherwise harmlessly.

but there was an infant in a carseat on a sidewalk, sitting like a foot from where another such bag (though it might have also been the one I threw) had burnt. kid handled it like a champ, didn't cry or anything. also spoke surprisingly articulately for <1 year old. I paused to help his family scoop him and his sibling up to load into a big vehicle, an SUV or a limo or something, and they offered me a ride the rest of the way to the restaurant.

they were explaining that a journalist had already come by to snap some pictures of the baby being frightened by the burning bag of fireworks, and had asked a few interview questions and then secured contact info for some followup later. the kid's family immediately recognized the journalist's phone number as Egyptian, and one of them was like "well i don't know what to make of that," and another went "it's fine, people come from everywhere now" and that seemed to satisfy the first.

I was chatting with the baby, whose name appeared on a form as either Jonathan or Benjamin(?) Bliss Matts. the child expressed that he was excited to begin his studies in a few years. noticing that I seemed to be getting good answers out of their baby, they turned to me and asked me if maybe i'd be willing to field the call from that journo, and maybe play intermediary for the kid

i mean, these people don't know me from adam, but that sounds like a hoot; sure, i say.

just then a coworker of mine calls. says that publication is just some bottom-feeding bullshit site and the piece will maybe get 20-40 views worldwide. the patriarch of the family goes "well that seals it. tell them no."

i ask: "so, just to confirm, you won't be needing my services from here on?"

right.

"are you still driving me to Yuck?"

and then i woke up

Edited by Constantignoble ()

I'm on a bus with my family, some sort of reunion or something. My half sister leans over the seat in front of me and tells me that she always hated me and thought I was a failure, but that I've been turning it around recently and she almost respects me. I'm hurt, and try to thing of something clever to say, but I see she's leaning on my headphones so all I say is "get the fuck off my headphones". She looks hurt, and I decide I have to get out of there.

I'm at a work retreat for a nonprofit I worked for years ago. We're staying in a modern home in the middle of a lush forest next to a gorge. I see some coworkers across the gorge walking toward the house, when all of a sudden I see a big wildcat, a "cavel", which looked like a human-sized dark-brown lynx. I shout, but my coworkers don't see it in time and the cavel attacks them. In the struggle they fall down the gorge and are barely hanging on. I run over, tiptoe around the cavel, and climb down the gorge wall. I realize they've fallen in such a way that I can't save them. Then I wake up.
Reading this like it’s the irl thread
Something good happened (I remembered yesterday what it was, but the memory faded) so I hopped on the computer to tell someone. a while later I realized I was dreaming and the good thing wasn't real, so I again used the computer to tell the other person on discord that I was dissapointed. I was absolutely convinced that my computer in the dream world was connected to the real internet, and that I was communicating with the real person. When I realized that couldn't be true, the person made fun of me and then the dream computer lost its network connection.

Another dream, I'm in a supermarket I'm somehow involved in. The supermarket has moved to a new building and I need to go for a shit. I walk through the door to the toilet and I see that the toilet itself is just in the back of an ordinary supermarket back office room. There's nobody in it at first, but there's a window into another room that's full of people doing normal office type stuff. I try to lock the door and cover the window up, but then people appear in the same room as me, so I give up on trying to use the toilet there.
i watched a load of pubg then dreamed about pubg, gonna need a few meters of jung books to figure this one out
how come when people in real life tell me their dreams I'm bored out of my skull but when people here do it I read every one carefully. Is this prodromal fail AIDS ?
someone gave me a goldfish in a bag. Taking care of it is now my mission but I don't have fish stuff. I decant the fish into the upturned cover from a spindle of blank cds. I will get fish stuff and do this right.