[account deactivated]
these two have got that burial but black metal vibe, not really much help since its black not doom sorry

[account deactivated]
this album is slab
distraught at the lack of PMs, i shall proceed with the creation of new genre 'slab' as a solo project
[account deactivated]

Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia posted:

this is either a better idea than the one i've been working on (triphop with a postpunk sound palette) or it's actually the same basic idea approached from a slightly different angle. in any case i will be bold enough to say here now that i treated myself to a cheap sampler very recently and am slowly learning my way around it so if you want to try and actually make some Slab music with me then hit my PMs.

tbh i've been an absolute unfocused mess lately but i may take you up on this when i get my shit together and start thinking seriously about music again

Acdtrux those are a touch frenetic relative to what i was imagining; the original thought was sort of cross pollinating Massive Attack & Boris (though the almost reflexive followup of "what if Sunn O))) were on stage with Portishead in Roseland" also seems like it could land somewhere coherent)

tears, that netra album is pretty dope so far, haven't gotten to the other yet

to give a better sense of my present mental state i have spent tonight digesting i think upwards of four dozen remixes of eiffel 65's seminal hit "blue," off their 2x-platinum eurodance debut album "europop"

favorite so far

(e: this one is in fact a mashup, the full title is "Steve Angello vs. Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman - Payback x Eiffel 65 - Blue (Psychic Type Edit)")

softspot shoutout to

(pyf remix/cover of the 1998 phenomenon "blue" by turin's own Eiffel 65)

e: this one gets special mention for having been made in LittleBigPlanet 2 on Playstation 3

Edited by Constantignoble ()

88888 posted:

this album is slab

Constantignoble posted:

to give a better sense of my present mental state i have spent tonight digesting i think upwards of four dozen remixes of eiffel 65's seminal hit "blue," off their 2x-platinum eurodance debut album "europop"

have you listened to this one; i love that it was specially for the australian market proving yet again that stupid donks are as australian as bbqs and genocide

conversation hack: when someone asks you what the appeal of europop is simply reply that you are as serious as cancer when you say that rhythm is a dancer

6:15 is the best part

Edited by trakfactri ()

https://streamable.com/emoa2c
[account deactivated]

tears posted:

have you listened to this one; i love that it was specially for the australian market proving yet again that stupid donks are as australian as bbqs and genocide

this was not one of the 50 or so, thank you

the flume one i did see, it's a good'n. some of the trance mixes are pretty tasteful, though i was underwhelmed by the DnB stuff i found... maybe i should do a rundown

but first: Nadja gets a bit slab-adjacent at points

Constantignoble posted:

maybe i should do a rundown

i support this :eventhoughweremilesapart:

Constantignoble posted:

but first: Nadja gets a bit slab-adjacent at points

nadja cover a kids in the hall song from brain candy and it's awesome

i haven't listened to nadja in a minute and they have way too many albums to keep track of but i remember 'radiance of shadows' being very sick
im listening to last years new "pissgrave," just chilling out, listening to the band named pissgrave, oh hey tears, whatcha listening to, oh no biggie, just listening to the new pissgrave, the album cover has this picture of someones smashed in face and skull, the last album cover was this bathtub full of decomposed body soup with bones floating in it, yep, thats what im listening to, you should check them out, anyway hows everything with you
who buries piss in a grave, the whole concept is ridiculous
[account deactivated]
yeah i think grindcore music is generally Good but i could do without the rotten dot com ass covers
i think its part of the artistic package. i dont really claim to understand it but there is something interesting about musical art at the fringes

Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia posted:

yeah i think grindcore music is generally Good but i could do without the rotten dot com ass covers

pissgrave are death metal which usually has a different aesthetic from the kind of stuff you get on like goregrind covers or similar.

tears posted:

i think its part of the artistic package. i dont really claim to understand it but there is something interesting about musical art at the fringes

the other thing is that i feel there is inherently something taboo breaking about the intersection of femininity and extreme metal, since discussing the latest disgusting pissgrave album cover is decidedly unfeminine in the traditional sense

tears have you ever listened to nuclear death, they were really cool in general but also quite notable for being a woman driven band making very fucked up and unique sounding extreme metal from the late 80s onwards

tears posted:

tears posted:

the other thing is that i feel there is inherently something taboo breaking about the intersection of femininity and extreme metal, since discussing the latest disgusting pissgrave album cover is decidedly unfeminine in the traditional sense

yeah i mean this is all interesting and i appreciate it on a theoretical level, i just don't like looking at irl gore pics regardless of context.

one time i was looking for a cute picture of a guinea pig eating a flower

so i search google. guinea pig flower, i type.

first page of pics GIS returned was like 90% closeup dismemberment shots from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_Pig_2:_Flower_of_Flesh_and_Blood, which i had never heard of, but my first thought was i had stumbled into some seriously grisly metal album art

anyway, look at that piggy

Do NOT do a Google image search for "jive baby"
i keep getting this stuck in my head but it's one of those tracks that is greatly enhanced by its video