Death Camp 4 Amerikkka
[account deactivated]
The future is fucked better to die early than later of dehydration and radiation poisoning.
https://gothamist.com/news/coronavirus-updates-july-3-2020
got our first covid scare at my work. signs point to things being fine more likely than not, but still had to cancel all my plans, prepare to quarantine, etc. below me churns a bottomless pit.
[account deactivated]
I assumed those were fake and I'm still assuming many of the details were but apparently they now have a death toll soooo
Of fucking course a church organized.

thirdplace posted:

apparently they now have a death toll soooo

thats murder

If Law & Order: Special Victims Unit has taught me anything, it's that it's totally legal for american parents to murder their children if they believe it's god's will.
How many simulations would you have to run to come up with another culture as viscerally disgusting and morally bankrupt as American settler evangelicals
[account deactivated]
reminder that landlords will definitely be getting a bailout, AFTER they over enthusiastically evict so many people that the rental market collapses because the homeless masses will have no realistic path back toward paying any rent at all
If you haven’t heard, Georgia just opened multiple school systems up this week (the decision is up to each county, with political nudging coming from the governor). By literally Day 2, multiple 2nd grade children were exposed in their classroom and had to be quarantined, and a high school ended up on national news because they lied about instituting even the bare minimum “health measures” they promised (the student who leaked this to social media was punitively suspended for justifiably ruining the administration’s month by making them first group of imbeciles to be exposed to the entire country, or at least the part of the country that aren’t genocidally-inclined philistines who want to be the next Typhoid Mary). Obviously as we all know one of the reasons for doing this is to knowingly kill as many people as possible, but I don’t know much about how public school system/public university funding budgets in this hellhole country works. I wonder what deep financial abyss is behind this facade of “reopening” that the county commissioners and state government are talking about behind closed doors. I guess decades of being blood sucking vampires is about to blow up in their faces. But that’s the best case scenario

Edited by dimashq ()

School funding is tied primarily to attendance and secondarily to student achievement in most districts. People rightly complain about charter / private schools as perpetuating class and race oppression and putting profit and careerism over actual education, but on an even more basic level, if a district has a public school with 2500 kids, and then a charter school opens with capacity for the 200 high-achieving indigo children of hippie boomers, the public school budget goes down, because they're only serving 2300 kids. Sorry for over explaining but I'm not gonna rewrite anything this far into the post. Superintendents and other DOE functionaries want their districts to open because their salaries depend on the districts being open, and so do their sweetheart deals with Sysco, the local police, school equipment and textbook manufacturers.. and beyond that, the school budget is usually predicated on the previous year's budget, to the extent that most districts save money by doing the opposite of saving money, which according to my sources, is spending the money. It's a deep financial abyss but not any different than the typical financial abyss we've been abseiling into for the last few entireties of our whole lives
Hmm... I think it's time for me to go back to college.

[account deactivated]
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/517520-pentagon-redirected-pandemic-funds-to-defense-contractors-report

The Pentagon redirected most of its $1 billion in pandemic funding to defense contractors who exchanged the money for jet engine parts, body armor, dress uniforms,

swampman posted:

School funding is tied primarily to attendance and secondarily to student achievement in most districts. People rightly complain about charter / private schools as perpetuating class and race oppression and putting profit and careerism over actual education, but on an even more basic level, if a district has a public school with 2500 kids, and then a charter school opens with capacity for the 200 high-achieving indigo children of hippie boomers, the public school budget goes down, because they're only serving 2300 kids. Sorry for over explaining but I'm not gonna rewrite anything this far into the post. Superintendents and other DOE functionaries want their districts to open because their salaries depend on the districts being open, and so do their sweetheart deals with Sysco, the local police, school equipment and textbook manufacturers.. and beyond that, the school budget is usually predicated on the previous year's budget, to the extent that most districts save money by doing the opposite of saving money, which according to my sources, is spending the money. It's a deep financial abyss but not any different than the typical financial abyss we've been abseiling into for the last few entireties of our whole lives

Reminder to Amerikans: Your Government is Full of Undead

Senate Majority Lich Mitch McConnell did not answer questions about his health Thursday, only saying there were "no concerns" after drinking the Elixir of Defilation on the last full moon.

"Of course not, my Phylactery is in a safe place" McConnell told reporters in the Capitol when asked if he had any health issues people should know about.

McConnell, who is up for reelection, later said "no comment" when asked directly by CNN about the potions content and if it actually includes the blood of a slain infant, or similar vile components.

An aide to McConnell also declined to provide any additional details when asked if the majority leader had completed the Ritual of Becoming.

Edited by karphead ()

[account deactivated]
OP-ED: In a quest for profitability, US markets liquidate 250,000 - but will it be enough?
at a budget hearing today the state bureau of investigation claimed that more than half of the 32 murders police committed since the pandemic started were likely "suicide by cop" incidents
the actual phrase they used seems to have been "death by cop" which strictly speaking is true for 100% of the weekly extrajudicial executions & hints at the future erosion of any meaningful attempts to examine the circumstances of these killings. i suppose they have a point; by now everyone should be aware that being near a cop for any reason is suicidal behavior
It's possible the state cops are secret good guys who want to get local cops shot and killed whenever they show up anywhere so let's not rush to judgment.
[account deactivated]
thats a bummer dude

liceo posted:

freud, beyond the pleasure principle: 'pleasure or pain may be thought of in psycho-physical relationship to conditions of stability and instability'

health or illness replace pleasure or pain. reified capitalism only functions through the instability of a miserable present that is coddled by the image of a stable tomorrow. everything within the capitalist infrastructure and spirit, in its course toward rapid annihilation, is able to push on into nothingness through this image. illness is bearable when it is curable. illness must be sharply manifest for a cure to become scientifically tenable and socially worthwhile. amerika warmly embraces its pain so that it will perhaps dissipate. then we make it a charity event. walk for Alzheimer's, run for cancer, sprint for COVID-19. amerikans want to die. everything around us is death. everything we perceive is a decaying promise that was already betrayed before we were born. everything is a lie. we want to end illness but only by being illness do we think that it matters. the individual is pain. our being is our illness. we want it to end so that it can be ameliorated. it has to end at some point. it is too large to manage, and everything here comes down to manage manage manage. everyone will die from this, so let's run across our decrepit city to at least raise some money for the wake. it's going to be pathetic: plastic flowers showering cardboard caskets. existence must, at all costs, be maintained at instability: otherwise, there is nothing to work for. we resist treatment so that someone pays attention. everything we are is a surface hoping to become noticed. narcissists kill themselves in the end because their eulogy is unforgettable to everyone in their lives. suicide is stable, so behavior oriented toward death is also stable. amerikans do not need the government to want them to die: they already want to die. we will excel at dying as we have excelled in death for centuries. everything amerika is is death. it is so inextricably fundamental to our thinking, our perception, our science, our everything that nobody needs to convince us that life is not worth living for, that there is no cure, that there is no purpose for our pain, and that the individual will be forgotten, so we start to work toward the only stability that exists in capitalist society. we give in without trying. we are inbred and stillborn. we are, above everything, masters of death.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
today corona virus killed more people in the USA than 9/11 and no one is gonna do shit, thus confirnming that the entire forever war was actually about the property damage
Covid was successfully employed as a way to kill poor Black people. Kudos and congrats to United $naKKKe$ you’ve done it again by Jupiter.
mortality rates for newborns cut in half if the doctor isnt white

https://www.pnas.org/content/117/35/21194
Not the first to say it but, the most messed up thing about the last few days in the U.S. is: the United $naKKKe$ military, deep state & nationalist bourgeoisie have more than enough popular support among a dedicated minority to launch a swift & successful coup against the supposed "left-wing" party taking power, to roll tanks down the streets of Washington and reinstall one guy they don't like at all for a month or two, before he "steps aside" for whatever form of junta they'd prefer, when they'd already have squads in armored vehicles on streets all around the country ready to shoot anyone who complains about it.

And for obvious reasons, their collective response has been, "No thanks we're good"
[account deactivated]