*banevoice* yes, the cracker isis

Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia posted:

This subforum already has the perfect name, for now.

we must keep up with the times

This subforum already has the perfect name, for now.

This post is now retroactively correct

lol
What if I told you America itself is cracker ISIS, and always has been?
Actual ISIS is just Salafi America
cracker isis wants to return the upper peninsula to ohio

jiroemon1897 posted:

Actual ISIS is just Salafi America

A couple of years ago I listened to an interview with Karen Elliott House, a top CFR/Rand Corp/Dow Jones/WSJ type who wrote a book on Saudi Arabia. The book (published in 2013) seemed like it emerged from a recognition that the Saudi leadership had decayed into a gerontocracy, and the empire needed to restructure its satrap kingdom. The publisher's description notes one purpose of the book was to explore what Saudi Arabia's "longtime American protector can do to help shape the Saudi future." I don't think the book mentioned bonesaws. But during the interview she was asked "so you've worked as a journalist in Saudi Arabia for two decades... was it difficult to establish relationships with these Saudi royals, being a woman?" And she said, nah, in fact it was pretty easy because I grew up in East Texas

Incredibly cringeworthy
[account deactivated]
varoufakis and redkahina will save capitalism
Idgi, what does she think the end goal is here? Is she pro capitalist now?

I'm imagining fast forwarding to 2030 and Kahina is a mild mannered centrist, writing for Vox, working at a think tank. That nice Ms. Klein, the neighbors call. She serves on various committees, and wishes she had drowned
Al Gore... that guy could really save capitalism.
it's really fun being able to see the trot to neocon transformation happen in real time

like watching a time lapse titan arum bloom, with authentic rotten meat smell

rolaids posted:

Idgi, what does she think the end goal is here? Is she pro capitalist now?

she's a bourgeois heiress who larps as a communist revolutionary out of boredom; covid-19 shattered her fantasy and now she behaves as her class interests dictate

does anyone know what the account this tweet is talking about is, i would like to read it
The top minds at the State Department have cracked open a big case.

It's all over folks, the State Department has mastered the unbeatable secret technique "I'm rubber and you're glue"
[account deactivated]
i love the concept of the ccp as never having split with stalin

lo posted:

i love the concept of the ccp as never having split with stalin

well,

well you see, china is communist, which is bad and outdated, this is why china is failing compared to everyone else, which should not be confused with the reason why china is succeeding, which is capitalism, which china is, but not the good capitalism, but bad capitalist communism, which is cheating, which is not allowed according to capitalism which china isnt, they are communist, which doesnt work
communism, how passe. get your head out of the 19th century, you rubes.

to illustrate the folly of your ways, i will use 18th-century economic arguments and 17th-century philosophical tenets to defend the structure of capital, a concept rooted in the commerce of the city-states of 13th-century Italy,

Edited by Constantignoble ()

we can now add "revisionism" to amerikkka's list of crimes... sad!
you know, we live in chaotic times, it's hard to keep up with the breakneck pace of constantly updating news mixed media, taxing on the brain to sift through all the noise figuring out what's real. everything changes too fast

but there's something strangely reassuring about stupid shit like this. it hearkens back to the simpler times of the bush years. the familiar solidity of pure straight bullshit, so divorced from reality it can't even properly qualify as a lie. i realize that i miss it, that easy uncomplicated certainty.
Schrödinger's China

tears posted:

well you see, china is communist...

found my new copy and paste, sorry for the intellectual theft comrade

sovnarkoman posted:

there is something refreshingly blunt about the usual crypto-nazi 'conservative' talking points about race run through google translate a couple of times

Edited by dimashq ()

sovnarkoman posted:

that's pretty nutty because, as we all know, russia also started black lives matter

kamelred posted:

that's pretty nutty because, as we all know, russia also started black lives matter

Sounds like SOMEONE needs to watch adam curtis' 2016 masterpiece 'hypernormalisation' 🙄

kamelred posted:

Sounds like SOMEONE needs to watch adam curtis' 2016 masterpiece 'hypernormalisation' 🙄

its hardly worth repeating, but between the syria and russia stuff that was insanely disappointing. good music videos though

mark ames wrote a good article about curtis' source for the russia shit a year beforehand

https://pando.com/2015/05/17/neocons-2-0-the-problem-with-peter-pomerantsev/

god, the super normies were bad enough, now they've even collected the 7 super emeralds?

i thought dr. russianbotnik stole all of those