These things happen. Snipe.
Seems quintessentially American to me. A depressed nihilistic gambler living in the American west decides to go out just like all those people in Tarantino films

Populares posted:

Snipe.

Vice's ideal audience is 35-45yos who think graffiti should be decriminalized if its actually an attempt to make property look better (not "tagging")
the guy who writes that visup blog has a book coming out on deep politics and similar things, might be worth a look https://www.amazon.com/dp/1702385051
French language video but

My short translation would be: things are fine, things are going well. We've treated a bunch of patients with hydroxychloroquine and there isn't an issue. There are these insane scare stories in the media about the terrible effects of it and it's insane. Millions of people take this, like I've been saying, the side effects are well known, we monitor for QT prolongation as we always have and avoid anything like the known risk of torsades de pointes (drw note: super tachycardia leading to death), the blindness thing doesn't come into play unless you've been taking it for years at a time, it's not an issue and we are about to release data on 1000 patients. There are people obsessed with the methodologies of research and drug trials, we are doctors. The base of the practice of medicine is to apply what works, not wait around for bullshit, we had patients, we have knowledge from China and Korea, we applied it, they got better, fuck off.

So yeah. I am dismayed to have to agree with Trump but it's right there. There is a bunch of stories in the media of people working hard trying to discredit this guy. I don't think you end up the director of a national-level, specialized infectious diseases teaching & research hospital just by being a quack, imo? Just a thought

i thought it was thoughtless that trump was talking up hydroxychloroquine while giving short shrift to stay at home directives, and more thoughtless for his opponents to keep dunking on him for taking about this drug despite its evident effectiveness from its use in china and around the world. he's not a doctor, he's just repeating what medical advisors told him. now he gets to crow about being smart, having intuitiin, and being the victim of another lieberal hoax. news media setting themselves up for another self-own, at the same time preserving the sinophobic propaganda that china keeps withholding info while we painstakingly reinvent the wheel
president of the united states of america was an idiot about a correct fact, news decided that by transitive properties of stupid the correct fact could not possibly be correct. if you wrote this into a YA dystopia novel the editor would send it back for being too unbelievable
i think hcq is still just in the "can't hurt to try, so why not to try, and there is nothing else that works" phase. the evidence of small clinical trials, including chinese ones, is mixed. let's see the 1000 ppl trial but i'm expecting only a small but real effect. some raoult papers do contain some scientific malpractice, like image manupulation. You can check that here - although it can be argued to which extent he has anything to do with the fraudulent part of the papers where he's just a random co-author and caught in he slipstream of someone else. In any case, the chloroquine approach at least seems less cynical than gilead trying to get their failed DoD-funded ebola drug on the market again

btw, the hosting website seems weird but whitney webb (who wrote those amazing epstein articles a while back) has some great dot connecting long piece series about amerithrax and the current virus started here:
https://www.thelastamericanvagabond.com/top-news/all-roads-lead-dark-winter/

shriekingviolet posted:

president of the united states of america was an idiot about a correct fact, news decided that by transitive properties of stupid the correct fact could not possibly be correct. if you wrote this into a YA dystopia novel the editor would send it back for being too unbelievable

a stopped clock is right twice a day. trump however is never right about anything, and all supplies of hydroxychloroquine should be rerouted directly into the bin. this has been Clara Buttington-Whitbread reporting for The Guardian

Zoe posted:

So what the fuck happened with the Mandalay Bay shooting/shooter? It's mind-blowing that nobody has a fucking clue why the largest and deadliest mass shooting in US history even happened in the first place.

well, it's sort of interesting that he was taking pot shots at the fuel tanks used by the usaf's secret airline.

https://nypost.com/2017/10/05/vegas-maniac-may-have-targeted-classified-government-run-airlines-fuel-tanks/ posted:

The two jet fuel tanks Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock fired on from his Mandalay Bay hotel room Sunday are near a secret government-run airline, according to a report.

Paddock fired at the two fuel tanks at McCarran International Airport during his attack on the Route 91 Harvest country music festival — but didn’t cause an explosion.

The massive fuel tanks are located very close to the secret fleet of passenger planes that make up Janet airlines, which the government uses to shuttle workers to intelligence agency outposts like Area 51, according to a RadarOnline.com report.

“JANET is based at McCarran International Airport and its hanger is just beyond a parking lot directly adjacent to those gas tankers,” a source told the website.

“It’s also a very intriguing angle given Paddock worked for the predecessor of Lockheed Martin, one of the U.S. government’s most relied upon military aviation manufacturers,” the source added.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/27/politics/pentagon-ufo-videos/index.html
my snap take is they're doing this so you go, damn UFOs are real, and then all the big boys can laugh at you thus neutralizing your vitality

sovnarkoman posted:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/27/politics/pentagon-ufo-videos/index.html

i don't actually think this is as unprecedented as people are making it to be. as far as im aware even the quite early us government attempts to investigate ufos like project blue book found that there was a small but persistent number of sightings that they weren't able to explain. having those videos is pretty cool but it's really just confirming that there are phenomena in the sky that we don't understand, it's not making them out to be aliens or spacecraft or whatever. of course if some ufo sightings are actually related to classified US aircraft then it probably makes sense for them to declassify a few videos as a misdirection.

i seen less fuzzy videos of sasquatches than those. vague blobs truly out of this world

招瑤 posted:

i seen less fuzzy videos of sasquatches than those. vague blobs truly out of this world

if you were photographing a sasquatch from a plane it would be pretty blurry too!

Yes that is an interesting logo indeed for a white merc group. Also the location for the three helicopter pilots is "undisclosed" except for the hint that it's in East Africa. Here's a video from early April, now count how many helicopters you see

--

Edit: Might correct that to two helicopters:

The Islamic State has released video of a destroyed Gazelle helicopter in Mozambique, confirming reports that the aircraft went down earlier this month.

The video, from the Islamic State’s Amaq News Agency, was released on 20 April and says “A helicopter was shot down by Islamic State fighters on Wednesday ”.

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/military-helicopters/gazelle-crash-in-mozambique-confirmed/

Edited by trakfactri ()

i quicjkly check the wikipedia pages for manticore and related mantequero to estimate the "did they know what they were calling it when they chose that name" score on this company
i've said it before and i'll say it again, every recent U.S.-based security company has a dungeons and dragons name
gonna name my new security startup "saving throw"
hey senator let me tell you about my mercenary corp, "Literally Sauron". cool name huh, it's because I like dinosaurs
I thought lorenzoae's final post about the leto cult was a little overblown, then a few months later that happened.

The withdrawal of $475,000 in cash by the man who killed 22 Nova Scotians in April matches the method the RCMP uses to send money to confidential informants and agents, sources say.

Gabriel Wortman, who is responsible for the largest mass killing in Canadian history, withdrew the money from a Brink’s depot in Dartmouth, N.S., on March 30, stashing a carryall filled with hundred-dollar bills in the trunk of his car.

According to a source close to the police investigation the money came from CIBC Intria, a subsidiary of the chartered bank that handles currency transactions.

Sources in both banking and the RCMP say the transaction is consistent with how the RCMP funnels money to its confidential informants and agents, and is not an option available to private banking customers.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/the-nova-scotia-shooter-case-has-hallmarks-of-an-undercover-operation/

Nathan Staples, who lives outside the nearby community of Great Village, said Mr. Wortman was obsessed with the police, and that his home in Portapique was a “shrine” to the RCMP. A few months ago, he went to Mr. Staples’s house, asking whether he would sell his used police cruiser sitting in the front lawn.

“He was one of those freaky guys, he was really into police memorabilia,” Mr. Staples said.

Billy Swiminer wrote on Facebook that Mr. Wortman made his dentures in January, and spoke of his hobby of buying old police cruisers at auction.

“He showed me pics of a cruiser that he redid,” Mr. Swiminer wrote. “It’s exactly like an actual RCMP police car, and he has the uniform to go with it!”

Blaize Jones shared a similar memory in reply to a post sharing details that Mr. Wortman may be driving what appears to be an RCMP vehicle and wearing an RCMP uniform.

“I do remember him saying he buys old police vehicles from the auction and fixes them up,” wrote Mr. Jones, who said Mr. Wortman worked on his dentures in February. “He had two when I went to meet him at his Halifax location to pick up my new dentures.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-nova-scotia-mass-shooter-was-a-denturist-with-an-obsession-for/

new book thread - jakarta method by vincent bevins. seems the anticommunist propaganda used in the indonesian genocide in the 60s was prototyped in brazil in the 30s
jared leto's cracker isis

trakfactri posted:

The withdrawal of $475,000 in cash by the man who killed 22 Nova Scotians in April matches the method the RCMP uses to send money to confidential informants and agents, sources say.

Gabriel Wortman, who is responsible for the largest mass killing in Canadian history, withdrew the money from a Brink’s depot in Dartmouth, N.S., on March 30, stashing a carryall filled with hundred-dollar bills in the trunk of his car.

According to a source close to the police investigation the money came from CIBC Intria, a subsidiary of the chartered bank that handles currency transactions.

Sources in both banking and the RCMP say the transaction is consistent with how the RCMP funnels money to its confidential informants and agents, and is not an option available to private banking customers.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/the-nova-scotia-shooter-case-has-hallmarks-of-an-undercover-operation/

it fucking figures, RCMP are doing this shit constantly. Heritage Front all over again. all the militant neonazi organizations and most of the lone wingnuts might as well be considered branch operations funded out of their budget.

[account deactivated]
Domestic Gladio - with a conscience

whats the deal with the "lincoln project", an and who's running the industrial hog farm that's boosting their tweets
https://lincolnproject.us/team/

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/07/lincoln-project-video-wiz-ben-howe-ads-are-driving-trump-insane
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
its funny but i think thats satire
[account deactivated]
i read this book called Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults by jacques vallee, who was a french scientist that investigated ufo reports. he thought that the reports referred to an actual phenomenon, ie not a hoax or just mistaken identities of known objects, but he was also sceptical of the idea that they represent alien spacecraft. in this book he basically puts forward the idea that the physical part of ufos is some sort of device or technology for manipulating people's perceptions(which is where all the stuff like associated paranormal phenomena and encounters with ufo 'occupants' comes from.) the more interesting part of the book is that he thinks that the entities doing the manipulations are probably human organisations of some kind attempting to use cultural ideas of ufos for their own purposes. in relation to this he talks about contactee cults and some of the more dubious occult and political ideas they like to propound and the connections they often have with shady political organisations - there are definite links to the far right in some cases,and basically all of these contactee groups seem to have intelligence personnel involved somewhere or other. he's not really definitive on who he thinks the manipulators are but there is quite a bit of documentation of people with intelligence connections involved in everything ufo related from the contactee cults right through to hobbyist organisations so intelligence agencies seem to be one of the primary suspects. there is also a brief section on cattle mutilations which mentions allegations of supposed satanic cults a bit like you find in some pedophile conspiracy literature, and some suggestive possible intelligence/military connections:

The ranchers had come to the same conclusion. Since they kept seeing flying objects of various kinds in the mutilation areas at night, and since some of these resembled helicopters, they concluded that the military was responsible. There were two schools of thought: some farmers believed that a sect or secret group within the military was performing rituals using the stolen cattle organs. A larger number believed that the government was conducting massive experiments, testing new drugs on the animals. The ranchers had not forgotten the “nerve gas” deaths of thousands of sheep in Utah, long denied by military authorities, and the research on epidemics, mind control, and the effect of drugs that had been conducted on unsuspecting victims by the government. The ranchers began firing on helicopters leaving or returning to Fort Carson at low altitude, and several of the machines came back to base with bullets in their sides.

i think it would be interesting to read something on this by someone with more of an interest in deep politics because a lot of the connections in the orgs are interesting and seem to have parallels with mkultra related stuff and other sorts of strange cult groups.

lo posted:

in relation to this he talks about contactee cults and some of the more dubious occult and political ideas they like to propound and the connections they often have with shady political organisations - there are definite links to the far right in some cases,and basically all of these contactee groups seem to have intelligence personnel involved somewhere or other. he's not really definitive on who he thinks the manipulators are but there is quite a bit of documentation of people with intelligence connections involved in everything ufo related from the contactee cults right through to hobbyist organisations so intelligence agencies seem to be one of the primary suspects.

i think the easier and likelier explanation here is that this causality is backwards: there wasn't a campaign to create and manipulate a culture of UFO watchers, rather, we have plenty of convincing evidence for the simple and likely explanation that the UFO sightings were classified aircraft testing (possibly including extremely sensitive clandestinely captured soviet aircraft,) and obviously once groups started congregating around those sightings and scrutinizing them military intelligence would have an interest in getting involved and watching them just in case. and once you get the military involved shady far right bullshit is just a no doy given

Saw some UFO/alien hunter vehicle parked at a Denny's a few months ago. First time I've seen one of those. Well, I read that during the Cold War the U.S. restricted Soviet citizens from swathes of the country, much of it out west, on the notion that some KGB guy would set up in a field with a camera and a big lens pointed toward the sky. Last secret aircraft spotting I heard about was some plane spotter in Amarillo who snapped pics of a high-altitude V-shaped aircraft that was completely unknown to the public, and the aviation geeks reckoned it could be stealthy, long-range reconnaissance drone.

The UFO scene anyways just seems full of spooky ex-military people. I think some of them are probably just geeks, but it is very strange so there's something going on there. The big story recently has been the Nimitz pill-shaped objects, and the main guy is an ex-Navy carrier pilot, and people go "oh, wow, this must be the real thing" but he's also an ex-Navy pilot so he could very well be pulling some type of game on the press. And it was in a Pacific testing range? I'm wondering whether it's about signaling/threatening China. Some kind of new drone or secret weapon or just the perception of one. I listened to an interview with that pilot and he joked though about how Navy pilots would pull tricks on campers out in the mountains at night because the pilots could see camp fires through their FLIR cameras, so they'd coast at high altitude over a camp site, then go vertical and flip on the afterburners which would create a fireball effect, but they were high enough so campers wouldn't hear the engines, and the surprise and how the plane would maneuver at distance (for some complicated reasons) would seem like an out-of-this-world phenomenon. And they'd do that just to fuck with people and have a laugh about the UFO sighting in the local newspaper the next day.
Very cool little trick there ,with his flying genocide machine.

shriekingviolet posted:

lo posted:

in relation to this he talks about contactee cults and some of the more dubious occult and political ideas they like to propound and the connections they often have with shady political organisations - there are definite links to the far right in some cases,and basically all of these contactee groups seem to have intelligence personnel involved somewhere or other. he's not really definitive on who he thinks the manipulators are but there is quite a bit of documentation of people with intelligence connections involved in everything ufo related from the contactee cults right through to hobbyist organisations so intelligence agencies seem to be one of the primary suspects.

i think the easier and likelier explanation here is that this causality is backwards: there wasn't a campaign to create and manipulate a culture of UFO watchers, rather, we have plenty of convincing evidence for the simple and likely explanation that the UFO sightings were classified aircraft testing (possibly including extremely sensitive clandestinely captured soviet aircraft,) and obviously once groups started congregating around those sightings and scrutinizing them military intelligence would have an interest in getting involved and watching them just in case. and once you get the military involved shady far right bullshit is just a no doy given

well like i said the book is pretty non definitive by design and one of the possibilities that he's also open to is that there is a genuine unexplained phenomena that is being taken advantage of by human agents. so it's not necessarily a campaign to fabricate every aspect of ufo culture but people pushing that culture in certain directions beneficial to them, whether they caused the initial phenomena or not. interestingly one of vallee's sources for some of the ideas in the book is a military guy so it did occur to me that he might himself have been used as some kind of controlled opposition.