Idk, I can see this turning pretty organically into regional pockets of something more like ongoing guerilla warfare. Doesn't solve the problem of lack of organisation but I just mean I don't necessarily see the energy out there right now just fizzling out under jackboots
i'm getting the vibe locally that we're already fizzled out after one day of protest. the ol boys club that runs this shit is very well developed, all it took for military deployment was smashing the mayors prized plaque commemorating the civil rights movement and breaking a few windows in the theme park for tourists we call a downtown. maybe tearing down the statue of dude who is literally historically forgotten apart from his advocacy for lynching folks helped. on day three of curfews now, nothing has happened since day one. v low level of organization, almost starting from scratch

one of our suburbs retroactively issued a curfew starting half an hour before cops started gassing and arresting folks who were just standing around chanting, pretty demonstrative of the atmosphere
I've been trying to make reading the Chinese website Utopia more of a regular thing.

what is happening in these photos
https://www.rt.com/usa/490444-bricks-appear-mysteriously-cities-riots/ ^
I said they planted the bricks! I warned you about bricks!

Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia posted:

Idk, I can see this turning pretty organically into regional pockets of something more like ongoing guerilla warfare. Doesn't solve the problem of lack of organisation but I just mean I don't necessarily see the energy out there right now just fizzling out under jackboots

Having been out earlier, the electricity and size of the crowd as it was firing up in my town (the nearby metropole lit up over the weekend) had my gaggle of Marxist friends standing there pretty stunned for a moment, and the people successfully defied the curfew as the police held back. One friend thought this is the big one -- the revolution in the real sense, the working masses being drawn into independent historical action -- and another friend who has a comrade in Denver says they're thinking the same... says it's a powder keg there. Might fizzle out locally, might not though. But we have two ruling class parties worn down from fighting each other, and there is massive unemployment hitting younger service-industry workers particularly hard. But, y'know, "the old government ... not even in a period of crisis, 'falls', if it is not toppled over."

https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1915/csi/ii.htm

[account deactivated]

nearlyoctober posted:

https://www.rt.com/usa/490444-bricks-appear-mysteriously-cities-riots/^

I live in that city. Those bricks have been there for weeks. The pics are old.

RT is trash ass nonsense

trakfactri posted:

One friend thought this is the big one -- the revolution in the real sense, the working masses being drawn into independent historical action

This is kinda silly for a Marxist to think if you look at how other revolutions developed over decades

I wasn't sure if I should even make this post or how to word it, but giving it a go anyway. I never post cause I'm not that witty, but have lurked for years, so obviously I'm probably a cop/cia/etc. That said, I'm heading to DC. I haven't been involved in many direct actions in the past, just really small local, low significance things. I'll probably look to BLM or some other similar org, but just in case I thought I'd ask for any help/tips/guidance, or places/resources I can look to. Again, I could literally be anybody, but I don't know how else to ask. Thanks y'all.

burritostan posted:

so obviously I'm probably a cop/cia/etc

don't worry friend... you're in good company

burritostan posted:

I wasn't sure if I should even make this post or how to word it, but giving it a go anyway. I never post cause I'm not that witty, but have lurked for years, so obviously I'm probably a cop/cia/etc. That said, I'm heading to DC. I haven't been involved in many direct actions in the past, just really small local, low significance things. I'll probably look to BLM or some other similar org, but just in case I thought I'd ask for any help/tips/guidance, or places/resources I can look to. Again, I could literally be anybody, but I don't know how else to ask. Thanks y'all.

Stuff you need: mask, comfortable clothes and shoes, lots of water

Stuff that's good: paint respirator for tear gas, eyewear that seals, hat/helmet, art materials, snacks, sunscreen, heat resistant gloves

Don't bring: your badge and gun, contacts (wear glasses)

I'm sure other people will have other stuff to suggest as well. Ask people on the ground what the local jail support number is. Take biometrics off your phone (face/fingerprint)

When you get tear gassed, someone will probably come over and dump stuff in your eyes, keep them open and blink a lot. Watch out for stampedes, know your exits, keep your head on a swivel

Thanks for going out!

Edited by pogfan1996 ()

colddays posted:

This is kinda silly for a Marxist to think if you look at how other revolutions developed over decades

Fair. I wanted to get second opinions which is why I posted it here. I think my friends were getting caught up in the moment, and hell, I was too. This has developed over decades though imho

[account deactivated]

trakfactri posted:

I've been trying to make reading the Chinese website Utopia more of a regular thing.

much better than the cowardly and pathetic statements from China Daily, condemning the riots while "supporting" the peaceful protesters, and the Global Times, nakedly comparing them to Hong Kongers and essentially calling the violence brutal and widespread.

Parenti posted:

trakfactri posted:

much better than the cowardly and pathetic statements from China Daily, condemning the riots while "supporting" the peaceful protesters, and the Global Times, nakedly comparing them to Hong Kongers and essentially calling the violence brutal and widespread.

China's New Red Guards: The Return of Radicalism and the Rebirth of Mao Zedong - Jude Blanchette

https://libgen.is/book/index.php?md5=7D93B6991B80D9221D62C3CB70BF9181

This book is garbage but has a decent 101 section (chapters 2, 3, and 4) on Utopia, the "Larry Lang storm" and the Chinese new left in the mid-2000s which reshaped politics in China and pushed it to the left. The book is an insane screed about how Xi Jinping is secretly a neo-Maoist but like many conservative screeds about the dangers of communism against the naivete of liberalism, it contains a grain of truth: Xi does represent a shift to the left which is played out in, among other places, the discursive struggle between media outlets. China is not a singular voice and the struggle between left and right within the communist party and within society is very much alive, capitalist restoration has not yet been decided and liberalism not yet triumphant.

I wish I had something to post about the protests but I have been at home in the most reactionary suburb in the country. Appreciate everyone's posting here, liberals have been going hard to gain control of the meaning of the protests but they have so far failed, even from my perspective of reading social media. I did notice left liberals have been forced to concede that property itself is lesser than human life, though they have not yet grasped that the two are antithetical (and cannot obviously). Also impressed how years of work in Sanders and the "justice democrats" has been erased in a week, even liberals trying to draw attention to the primaries today are doing so sheepishly. Obviously this will change but things won't go back to the way they were before, if for no other reason than the entire social democrat decade of 2011-2020 is politically exhausted but the economic crisis is worse than ever.
[account deactivated]

dizastar posted:

https://samachar-news.com/entertainment/latin-kings-gang-helps-police-control-looting-leader-killed-in-chicago-pics/13979/

But somewhere along the line – the Latin King’s “policing”, turned into racial profiling and harassment. Dozens of Black people in Chicago claim that the Latino gang was targeting innocent Black people and assaulting them – while calling them “looters.”

the latin kings street gang from chicago have been barricading their communities, particularly the Little Village neighbourhood, from (black) rioters - while in fact they have been stopping every car with black people in it, beating on every black person walking by etc.

I've been watching this, and it seems to not be so true

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA84C2UlD5s/

there is a ton of meddling done by the police in chicago, u prolly could guess. there's a forum on reddit called chiraqology littered with police phishing and and lots of instigation that seems very inorganic. it goes on all the time.

Edited by cupcake ()

hang on a second. you're not trying to tell me the outside agitators are actually the police??????
just a regular american here, leading a prayer vigil for a dead bank branch, committing that dead banks soul to jesus, vowing vengeance against the ceo of antifa who murdered the money machines in that bank
This is the point in the fight where things shift from being driven by the anarchic raw emotion of the crowd to being driven by the relentless determination of disciplined cadre. In cities without the organization and infrastructure to continue on, protests will consistently get smaller and less frequent. The liberal negotiation tactics have been reintroduced to neutralize the movement, these tactics are just a part of the same ideology that sent thousands of US troops into Minneapolis. The goal is to drag it out with toothless civil rights inquiries and commissions that will sacrifice the most cruel demjanjuks to keep the system of little eichmanns intact.

Whatever the end result is, this showed that the us system of internal colonization is a powder keg ready to explode into nationwide revolt. The missing elements are national coordination, discipline, and rectification to counter the liberal response.

The victories of any movement are built on the slow, grinding work of the past. No matter where your area is in terms of political development, there is work to be done in planting the seeds for future fights and struggles.
city council meeting to set a budget for 2021 ran for 11 hours until sunrise as the meeting was flooded by residents calling in or speaking in person to recommend defunding the police department
https://thegrayzone.com/2020/06/02/top-venezuelan-opposition-leaders-blame-the-grayzone-and-nicolas-maduro-for-us-uprising-against-police-brutality/

Unhinged right-wing Venezuelan opposition leaders point to Max Blumenthal’s t-shirt as evidence of a devious plot by the government of President Nicolas Maduro to spawn chaos across the US.

That’s one hell of a hot take

if anyone is being interrogated by the FBI for their links to the secret terror organization of anteefuh, please try hard to resist before you break and patriotically reveal that in order to evade US surveillance we keep our secret coordination web page for the "Go Out And Triumph over State Enforcers" brigade hosted in Russia.
I scanned around at some communist newspapers to see what's circulating. First up is Liberation and the first page of a big article laying out their position. This is the scrappy printable version, something I like about them:

Next up is Granma:

The KKE paper, Rizospastis / The Radical, doesn't translate well but has an article emphasizing both the police repression and the Democrats attempting to co-opt the protests along with a mention of a communist youth demonstration at "XanthiTechLab," a weird startup funded by the U.S. embassy:

Following this is the CPRF's Pravda, which reported that protesters in Dallas gloriously threw back the police with a barrage of stones. That did not actually happen. In fact, we got our asses kicked by the police... like, it wasn't even a contest. But it was nice of the CPRF to report that we won anyways.

Now it's time for the CPB tabloid Morning Star, which has a strong lede but a very dull photo of a demonstration with white protesters in the foreground and a random, detached pasty-white arm on the bottom right:

The German paper Neues Deutschland was the party newspaper of the SED for 43 years until the collapse of the DDR but it's still publishing, now co-owned by Die Linke. They've been using the protests as a mirror to critique German society, with a top article about how German media excludes black people from commenting on racism:

Lastly, Challenge! The paper of the PLP, still kickin' although it must be a fraction of its size during the days of the SDS. I was getting some glitches while previewing this post so I had to shrink the image down a bit. I like to check in on this paper here and there because they always go all out:

Edited by trakfactri ()

the plp needs some standardization, is it killer kkkops or kkkiller cops?

Experts believe that "black lives matter" have been constructing weapons of mass destruction
every brigade pinned down in the us is one that can't be deployed against another country
If George Washington is the first historic figure in American history, I hope George Floyd is the last.

dimashq posted:

If George Washington is the first historic figure in American history, I hope George Floyd is the last.

i think it will peak and trough but i don't think this is going away. covid and its effect on the economy has exposed the 2 wings of the america party. i am seeing even hardcore obama types starting to interrogate that this all spread from a blue state. idk if this is "it", couldn't say, but i think there is a permanent shift underway here as people see how far the state will go to protect capital at the expense of its own citizenry, who are free to be gassed and shot now covid has rendered them "unproductive".

i've donated some cash to the bail funds and whatnot, keeping an eye on the situation down in london too as it got quite spicy there today. we will see.

rooting for you guys.
Funny thing about Principal-Skinner-With-A-Nazi-Armband-Collection aka Tom Cotton:

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs put out a memo today reminding military personnel that they are obligated to defend lawful assemblies of individuals, and basically warning them that their purpose is incompatible with what governor-commanded National Guard units might be doing.

I get why all of the chuds of the US voted for Trump. They got suckered into putting all of their racist hate into Republicans and then Republicans sold them down the river for Mitt Romney, who promptly lost, so Trump is their punishment for their own fellow chuds. But their problem is a grifter with his own grifts doesn't care as much about foundational chud causes, like hiding the inherent disconnect between the army and the police, or covering up for the absolute dipshittery of intelligence agencies.

There's all of the signaling in the world to suggest that the higher-up military grifters are looking to betray Trump whenever the opportunity presents itself.
He's definitely playing a dangerous game of chicken right now. We might finally be seeing the limits of "the art of the deal". You can't fail upwards any higher than HHIC, so either the military falls in line or he's got a real big fall coming.

Over9000ft posted:

I get why all of the chuds of the US voted for Trump. They got suckered into putting all of their racist hate into Republicans and then Republicans sold them down the river for Mitt Romney, who promptly lost, so Trump is their punishment for their own fellow chuds.