soprano would be more annoying imo, we should donate a bari sax bc 1) they are the coolest saxaphone 2) you can shut up you dumb neighbor by tooting your sax at them like a tugboat steamwhistle
remembering how when I was a cashier, babies in baby carriers always pushed all the colored buttons on the credit card reader, and the parents would try and stop them and i'd be like, unless he's got a credit card he can't hurt nothing. but one day there was this tiny quiet baby girl who poked carefully at the bright red cancel button exactly once. then a look of wild-eyed determination crept over her face, and she lunged in and seized the reader on either side & yanked it clean off the velcro tape that kept it on the tower. her mom tried to grab it away but she raised it over her head and let loose a piercing howl of triumph. to this day i'm so proud of that kid
I gave myself a pretty sick fade and I don't have to work in my office anymore which was making me want to die, this whole coronavirus thing is pretty cool and good for me, a selfish gobshite
My vision keeps loosing focus and my hands spasm randomly.
nice! ive been getting weird spots on my legs for weeks and persistent ankle pain
i might just be too keyed into to tickborne diseases right now b/c my mom just got sent to the emergency room for ehrlichia anaplasma (fainting and a fever, everybody was worried it might be the 'rona but were also confused because there shouldn't have been any exposure, the fact that she got it from a tick explained a lot) but weird spots and muscle aches sounds kinda like one of those
the ticks have returned. nature is healing
i will never forgive the warming of this rock so much that ticks are now thriving in what was once my pristine tick-free frozen hellscape
y'all ever go hiking in late summer & look down to discover yr covered in thousands of seed ticks, not a one of em bigger than a grain of sand but plentiful enough to look like your wearing a different pair of pants than those you put on

?

because i have !

招瑤 posted:

y'all ever go hiking

no

[account deactivated]
I've eaten more grapefruit during quarantine than my entire pre-quarantine life
today i tripped over a hose while carrying a bucket of white paint and spilled it all over a dog
rip

swampman posted:

today i tripped over a hose while carrying a bucket of white paint and spilled it all over a dog

now an anthropomorphic french skunk chases it around all day trying to make love with it

expecting a visit from the fibbi for googling so many imam bayildi recipes

Parenti posted:

swampman posted:

now an anthropomorphic french skunk chases it around all day trying to make love with it

"make love". le pew is a rapist.

winebaby posted:

expecting a visit from the fibbi for googling so many imam bayildi recipes

dont worry imam bayıldı is part of the cuisine of a NATO puppet

if you want to keep upping your eggplant game i would recommend alinazik or hünkar beğendi as well

swampman posted:

Parenti posted:

swampman posted:

"make love". le pew is a rapist.

that's just what they call rape in france

rip don shula
Last week I started getting involved with a homeless camp. Someone who works with this community regularly put out a call for water, cause it's getting really hot here and with the pandemic people are having trouble even getting enough water to survive. So I was delivering some water and I got to talking with a woman that's been living there for a few months and kinda handling a lot of business for her neighbors and trying to improve conditions and create some kind of self-sufficiency. She's living in a tent, but she made a little office for herself inside with an improvised writing desk to have a place to work. She was identifying people's needs, coming up with programs to address those needs, planning a political protest to get the city to give a shit about them, and other good community work.

I went back the next day to bring her some notebooks, writing materials, and paper to distribute for her program but she was in a bit of a panic. Apparently sometime after my visit the previous day, a pig rolled up and announced with his car speaker that everyone had to leave in 24 hours or they'd get arrested for trespassing. So most people were packing up and leaving however they could and wherever they could, some just across the road into another wooded area. Some people weren't able to leave even if they wanted to due to disability or the effects of drugs, but this woman was the only one who said she was standing her ground and the cops would have to rip her away from there. Me and some other people stayed at the camp until evening, a few hours past the 24 hour mark to at least get video and names if anything happens and of course nobody from the department showed up cause it's not fucking legal to just announce commands over a loudspeaker and arrest anyone who doesn't comply. Contacts with the city and the pigs said they never heard anything about that and they didn't have any plans to do anything. It was a scare tactic and it worked. Maybe only 1/4 of the tents were left the next day. 2 days after, the woman I was talking about got arrested on felony drug charges, some other people got harassed by pigs, and a new deadline for eviction was announced, this time in 2 more days.

On the new deadline, same story. Nobody in the police or city knows anything, has any plans, etc. but the people who live there are obviously stressed and tired of getting kicked around. For a third time, they're told to leave within 24 hours or they're getting arrested. For the third time, it's the same thing from the government organs.

Fuck the pigs.

The worst part of it all is that the camp is literally outside the big homeless shelter. They even have their own official campground out back, which is practically identical to this unauthorized one except it's inside the fence, but it's all locked down cause of covid. Ok, so public health is a concern, that's reasonable, but a lot of the people in this unauthorized camp are people who got kicked out from inside over any little thing imaginable. One guy got kicked out for growing medical marijuana with a license to treat his wife who gets 20 seizures a day. Another got kicked out for raising too big of a fuss when they gave him a top bunk when his medical record clearly states he has rheumatoid arthritis and other issues that make it practically impossible for him to get up there. They provide 2 meals a day at the front people can pick up, but everyone I talked to has had one or another issue trying to get it so it's unreliable, and for those who do get it, it's totally insufficient. They fenced in the portapotties and outdoor water faucet. People are investing in bolt cutters over food sometimes. The land the camp is on isn't even owned by the city, it's state land owned by the department of corrections but it's the municipal pig force going out and talking about "evictions". This isn't in the middle of a dense city, it's on the outskirts of a tiny town. The land isn't getting used for anything else and it has very little value in the first place since it's between the homeless shelter and the jail, so it's not like the people there are in anyone's way or even line of sight. If it's a public health concern, why are you scattering a bunch of people who are concentrated in a high risk environment to go spread it anywhere else they go?

Obviously life in the camp itself is hell, and in my short time visiting it and talking to people I've already witnessed some really shitty things, but the most sickening thing I've witnessed is the behavior of the pigs and city government.
Have burning lungs, dry cough and a fever. Got tested and it came back negative, so uhhh according to what nurses tell me about the current consensus on throat swab only testing, 70% chance I'm just regular sick. That's a fun margin of error.
Some good shit going down in Minneapolis, killer cop got doxxed so his house was protested by over 100 people and the downtown precinct was smashed up

Edited by pogfan1996 ()

There's still hundreds of people outside the precinct, police are still using tons of tear gas, flashbangs, and rubber bullets on protestors. One of the murderers has had three different restaurants try to deliver food to his house today and every time the drivers get there then refuse to deliver the food

Almost 1000 people are signed up on Facebook for a car caravan on Saturday. Anecdotally, I have heard from a lot of the people didn't come out yesterday or today who are planning on coming out Saturday, I think the entire city is going to be paralyzed.

Edited by pogfan1996 ()

Reading your posts has made me feel good things about the people of Minneapolis who seem like really amazing, wonderful people who are doing amazing, wonderful things.
I had qualifying exams the last 4 days with a weekend break, your supposed to answer two questions in 5 hours each day. Originally I was supposed to sit in a room with only their computer but they begrudgingly allowed me to take it at home because of Coronavirus as long as I promised not to use the internet. Also every department has different exams, mine was the only one with a time limit. Academia is such a medieval institution, everybody hates this process and yet it continues. Ended up writing 7,500 words today and something like 25,000 words in total, all crap obviously. Now my wrist hurts. Oh also the university system is dying its last death with the virus, everyone hates zoom classes and there are no jobs. So this is all pointless anyway.

trakfactri posted:

Reading your posts has made me feel good things about the people of Minneapolis who seem like really amazing, wonderful people who are doing amazing, wonderful things.

A lot of this was built off of the work comrades did on previous police murders and crimes (Jamar Clark, Philando Castile, the free Myon Burrell movement, etc) but it has finally built to a point where it has coalesced into something really substantive. I see a lot of leftists undercutting the work that it took to build this, this is the work of dedicated communists building community coalitions for years and doing political education.

Yes I got a sense of that from the Karl Marx quotes spraypainted to the walls and random people on livestreams talking about destroying capitalism

Edited by trakfactri ()

damn george floyd was in screwed up click?

rip

I think the pigs started the fires

trakfactri posted:

don't forget all the non-uniformed fascists who've been observed in plain sight chomping at the bit to cause a bunch of carnage they won't be blamed for

i think this minneapolis stuff is important enough to deserve its own thread, if anyone who's been following it close wants to do the honours

trakfactri posted:

seems basically impossible to know and i don't think people sharing random white guys wearing black smashing stuff and going 'this dude looks like a COP' on twitter is especially productive.

There's a couple elements: there's tons of incendiary tear gas being used, boog boys were on the ground day one with guns trying to escalate things, undercover police always pretended to be protesters and escalate things, anarchists are gonna do anarchist stuff.

Edited by pogfan1996 ()

going back to work on monday. i feel weirdly energized by it. i could have used more time at home to keep reading but i did get a good chunk done.

stegosaurus posted:

going back to work on monday. i feel weirdly energized by it.

They say the only thing worse than being exploited is not being exploited.

i didnt read shit at home, i read more during commute lol
[account deactivated]