UK having a political scandal cus Cummings traveled under lockdown meanwhile US president Donald Trump is threatening to cancel and relocate the Republican National Convention elsewhere if the governor of North Carolina enforces social distancing rules by not allowing full attendance in the arena.
yeah lol, the u.s. is once again #1, this time in countries not taking SIP seriously, i'm looking forward to the massive uptick in cases after this memorial day weekend

dimashq posted:

Republican National Convention

what is the point of holding a grand mass for the god of death if you're going to fret about the health of the attendees

Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia posted:

Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia posted:

a "15 page dossier" from the "five eyes network" reported in murdoch's sydney rag the daily telegraphby notorious right wing politics journo sharri markson

update: markson was on steve bannon's podcast to talk about this. lol

probably final update on this story that maybe only i give a shit about - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-26/china-coronavirus-dossier-came-out-of-us-state-department/12282994 (tldr the 'dossier' came from the state dept and strayan spies are sniffy about the fact that it was a clear attempt to attribute, in subsequent amerikkkan coverage, the lab claims to them by implication). not sure if pompeo's incompetence is dangerous or simply funny at this point

https://in.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-brazil-response-sp/special-report-bolsonaro-brought-in-his-generals-to-fight-coronavirus-brazil-is-losing-the-battle-idINKBN2321E8
my state set up a multimillion dollar no-bid contract w some garment company that has political connections for facemasks the state has been freely distributing. it seems the masks have all been treated with pesticides ._.
^^ putting silver nano-particles in/on everything is one of only millions of capitalist trends that makes want to collapse in despair
shoutouts to end of the cycle thread and government wants you to die thread

招瑤 posted:

shoutouts to end of the cycle thread and government wants you to die thread

I hope everyone who goes out to protest doesnt get the coronavirus

c_man posted:

I hope everyone who goes out to protest doesnt get the coronavirus

Everyone except cops and Troops*

i went out on sunday & am definitely dealing with some corona anxiety. any little thing with my body and i'm like "OH SHIT. is that it. is that corona." guess we'll see in 12 more days if i'm ok or not.

we apparently headed home right before shit got real in our city. was very odd to come home to footage of cop cars on fire when things had been like, extremely tame liberal zone when we had left 20mins prior

toutvabien posted:

i went out on sunday & am definitely dealing with some corona anxiety. any little thing with my body and i'm like "OH SHIT. is that it. is that corona." guess we'll see in 12 more days if i'm ok or not.

we apparently headed home right before shit got real in our city. was very odd to come home to footage of cop cars on fire when things had been like, extremely tame liberal zone when we had left 20mins prior

Being outside helps with the wind and everything. Maybe not the shouting but what can you do when amerikkka is collapsing. Every single person at the one I went to was masked though so that was nice.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html

the right wing hacks are losing their shit over this, saying the "conspiracy theorists" were right, etc.

if I'm understanding this correctly there are a couple of issues here. most COVID modeling suggests ~20% of infected people are truly asymptomatic, never developing any symptoms at all. but the other 80% are still shedding the virus during the incubation period, and after they develop symptoms, which for a sizable chunk of people are going to be barely noticeable. even if most asymptomatic cases aren't infecting more people, people who don't know they're infected yet are.

so it seems kind of weird that the WHO would push this? i mean, it completely contradicts everything we thought we understod about the virus. is it just terrible communication? or the CCP using their puppet public health org to spread disinformation? I'm really at a loss of what to make of this.

magnetoscope posted:

is it just terrible communication?

seems to be, yeah. they really should have known laypeople would interpret 'asymptomatic' to include 'presymptomatic'. for more information please see this venn diagram i whipped up

I read somewhere that as of April the WHO's entire communications department was like three people. For the entire world and for all of their languages of publication (at least 8, if they are following UN standards, but I think WHO does more). I assume they have help from other UN orgs, but it's still a joke
i like how current british reporting on german tourists being newly allowed to visit the balearic islands for a holiday subconsciously takes on the same tone as a reporting on international relief efforts for a famine, while simultaneously being mad that the people of britain are denied even the basic human dignity of a mediterranean holiday
looks like everyone in 'merica now getting the 'rona, but this time i just don't see how they're going to manage economically; someone hmu with the hottest us coronavirus take you have
shit is fucked up and bullshit
Realized today that we’re still only 3 months into the crisis/crises and I can’t even imagine what things will look like next month much less November. I feel like the May/June protests were just the beginning. Idk. Unemployment stops at the end of July iirc. No more trumpbucks. The weather is gettin hot. Obvious gladio shit going on. Maybe a debt crisis. U know that feeling in your body when the air pressure is dropping?
My hot but probably correct take is that there’s very little risk of getting it from doing outdoors stuff provided you wear a mask. The protests have not resulted in an increase in cases, and anecdotally neither myself nor anyone I know who has been regularly going to multiple protests has gotten it. So don’t let corona prevent you from going to a m*rch.
[account deactivated]
save yr life,
smoke camel crush cigarette
give them to friends, save their life
if they don't like menthol they are weird but this cigarette can cater to their dumb preference
Covid gon' give it to ya
fuck waiting for you to get it on your own, corona gon' deliver to ya!
knock knock open up the door, -~it's real~-
with the nonstop cough cough how your lungs feel?

I breathe hard, getting hypoxic
but i got a bad heart
that'll make corona wonder if she did it
"Damn right, and i'll do it again!"
kidneys too so i start dialysin'

breathe deep, i'm the enemy
no matter how many masks you wear one breath you're inhaling me
motherfuckers never wanting nothing
but their life saved, bitch that's for the Cuban brigades

O2 going down down like corona said "wheeze"
shoulda been screened for diabetes
bitch please, if the only thing you cats did
was stay home all day, you'd be ok, motherfucker

first we gonna pop, handfuls of tylenol,
let the fever drop, then we gonna roll
COVID gonna give it to ya, it's gonna give it to ya
COVID gonna give it to ya, it's gonna give it to ya

tears posted:

looks like everyone in 'merica now getting the 'rona, but this time i just don't see how they're going to manage economically; someone hmu with the hottest us coronavirus take you have

since everything is very uncoordinated the states that have chosen to "open 'er up" with little precaution are probably going to reinfect the safer ones. there's also talk about never going into lock down again, so any future sacrifices in human life will be for the greater good of the economy, aka stonks. on the bright side, we've achieved the amazing feat of preventing a second wave by letting the first one continue forever.

US government wants you to die
given the way so many folks in town have been huge whiny babies about wearing masks following their mandated usage, that's just good representation by govt, plus have you seen the way these folks drive
Have started smoking cigarettes during the pandemic where my bacco heads at
[account deactivated]
Cremation based estimates suggest significant under- and delayed reporting of COVID-19 epidemic data in Wuhan and China. can someone in clue me in to how this sort of shit even gets submitted for print? the authors are two pathologists and two economists. "The current study used cremation-related information to estimate epidemiological information including cumulative infections and deaths." "A potential weakness of this study is that there is no cremation information in medical literature. All cremation related information came from media reports. To reduce bias, we used media reports from both within China and outside China." the referenced media reports: newsweek, china digital times, national review, the epoch times (which even wikipedia notes as conspiratorial in this context). like how do these people get degrees. reddit effortposters have better methodological integrity.
sourcing the Epoch Times for my peer reviewed article on the flaming skulls that keep following me around screaming quotations from Combat Liberalism in the black tongue of Mordor

shriekingviolet posted:

Combat Liberalism in the black tongue of Mordor

im setting up a fiverr account right now, hmu if you know serious lotr nerds

[account deactivated]

Edited by solidar ()

seems like an attempt to force universities to have in-person classes

hawking questionable newspapers, constant criticism of the CCP, borderline cultic behavior--folks, since when did Falun Gong become Trotskyist!!!

rolaids posted:

hawking questionable newspapers, constant criticism of the CCP, borderline cultic behavior--folks, since when did Falun Gong become Trotskyist!!!

The main ideological difference is font size