someone recommended a croatian folk metal band to me the other day and they were mortified when after a quick google i informed them of the obvious
i've been really into these cool new "neo" folk bands lately with obscure names like Death In June and Sol Invictus, haven't googled them so I don't know their politics

winebaby posted:

i've been really into these cool new "neo" folk bands lately with obscure names like Death In June and Sol Invictus, haven't googled them so I don't know their politics

i mean it should be obvious to anyone that black metal is crammed full of extremely reactionary ideas, even from a lot of 'apolitical' bands. all the misanthropy nature worship oppositionalism stuff basically lends itself to that. i think it's something you have to come to terms with if you're not right wing but like the music.
virtually anyone and anything associated with volk-revival is fascist or at least anti-modernist in a pol pot sort of way

the pan-slavicist band associated with the music for the witcher 3 sure do like their kolovrats but i haven't figured out if they're into anything particularly intolerable

*pedantic nerd voice* pol pot probably wasn't anti modern, the dk leadership didn't intend to stay an agrarian peasant state forever that was just the position they found themselves in. they wanted to industrialise the country, it's just their plan for doing that was based entirely on exporting rice and never came close to fruition.
taylor swift endorsed the democrats to an audience of 85 million and im still listening to shake it off
tears never fails to charm with that whitest bitch u know posting gimmick

Petrol posted:

tears never fails to charm with that whitest bitch u know posting gimmick

thats a great remix of swimming pools
youre a great remix of swimming pools! blessed be!!
that eye configuration reminds me: this one has been making a bigger impression on relisten than it did some years ago. interesting vocal style

damn i am already in love, that sound, those vocals

ulcerate has a new

been listening to some old funeral doom, on my return to metal

thergothon's bizarre guitar tone and production ftw
you heard this band tears, fairly important precursor to funeral doom
thats pretty cool, though more "death-y"; i especially like the vocals which sound like vomit
yeah they're usually referred to as death/doom but in some ways they're like a halfway point between more conventional death/doom and funeral doom. unholy from finland are another good example of that although i don't like them as much as diembowelment
i feel kinda guilty for liking cattle decapitation so much with its extinction rebellion dad death metal vibe, rather than just screaming terms out of a medical dictionary or whatever - anyway, i dont like death atlas as much as anthropocene extinction or monolith of inhumanity but im still going to listen to it a ton
i have listened to so much, and yet so much more to listen to

have you checked out mortuary drape yet tears
i have now, thanks for the reminder big pig poster
i'm always here to remind people to listen to old metal records

drum quality on this one <3

1987, wow
parabellum were seriously trail blazing(they formed in 1984 and there's a rehearsal tape from then with those EP songs on it) and some of the members were also in this band which has a great chainsaw guitar tone and only rudimentary musicianship.
here's one of my absolute favourite south american 'can barely play their guitars' bands, for real maniacs only
[account deactivated]

lo posted:

parabellum were seriously trail blazing(they formed in 1984 and there's a rehearsal tape from then with those EP songs on it) and some of the members were also in this band which has a great chainsaw guitar tone and only rudimentary musicianship.

yeah i really enjoyed going through some of the parallel scene that developed in south america: parabellum, sarcofago, mystifier, vulcano, reencarnaciĆ³n

thanks for the heads up with those two

the old south american scene could be a book in itself and even now there seems to be some good things happening down there. here's a few more you should probably hear

i moved on to the early 90s and damn i fucking love these albums

my tolerance and even enjoyment of ten minute wind and rain intros is now embarrassingly high, help
in my very productive use of quarantine time (listening to metal for 10 hours a day) i got as far as 1992 with black metal, before i went and listened to a bunch of 2019/20 black metal releases to see what was going on today. ive shifted over to like origin of doom metal instead now - i used to listen to a lot of epic doom as a loser child so its cool to go back, but systematically - i was going to go through the 80s properly, like id did with black metal, but instead im listening to 90s sludge which feels like a punishing two day mdma comedown but music

also hmu if u know a beter siren intro:

tears posted:

today

just posted

good dissonance

tears posted:

in my very productive use of quarantine time (listening to metal for 10 hours a day) i got as far as 1992 with black metal, before i went and listened to a bunch of 2019/20 black metal releases to see what was going on today. ive shifted over to like origin of doom metal instead now - i used to listen to a lot of epic doom as a loser child so its cool to go back, but systematically - i was going to go through the 80s properly, like id did with black metal, but instead im listening to 90s sludge which feels like a punishing two day mdma comedown but music

also hmu if u know a beter siren intro:

the roots of doom are a lot easier to explore than bm imo since theres just less old doom bands to check out and less stylistic variation between scenes. here's a good but comically long siren intro

good siren but could have been longer and more abrasive
that's what i say about every song i listen to