nt
it is impossible to get people to read
it's easier to get people to start reading capital but harder to make them finish
uuuh arabic is a very difficult language OP
I lent settlers to like 3 people and none of them read it.

dimashq posted:

did you lend it to three people or three settlers

I lied 2 of them didn’t read it and they were actually leftists. The one that did actually read most of it if I recall wasn’t even a leftist but a liberal Vietnamese-American friend who actually went out of his way to find it online after I mentioned it and discovered readsettlers.org and read most of it there and then didn’t read the rest when I gave him the book but w/e it’s a success if u ask me. except for the fact that Last time politics came up he was really into Andrew Yang. Despite that, he did tell me how much he enjoyed it and he especially found the section on the Chinese workers in California to be very eye opening. I think the problem was he didn’t finish it, and probably just sees American history being especially more fucked up but that’s already sort of integrated into liberal identity politics. It’s the later parts of the book that are really radical.
i dont like it myself but imo its all right to be into Korn in like an irony way
The Karl Marx Koran is for level 90 communists and above.
In both cases you need to start with biographies of the Prophet Muhammad and Karl Marx to get the context that would inform their later masterpieces plus there are cool adventures to read about like running from the police

dimashq posted:

i gave a copy to one of my boomer relatives, they read half of it and then gave it back because it was "too depressing"

I've gotten the same results, people just get burned out from the horror show.
like likes like, make more friends
it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to get someone to read kapital

88888 posted:

it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to get someone to read kapital

that's good i've been trying to herd my camels through this needle for ages!