i've received a number of whatsapp forwards with testimonial videos from people that got cured supposedly. i think the dosage 10ml at 3000 ppm chlorine dioxide added to 1l of water, consumed throughout the day. this seems to be under the limits of concentration when it's used for water treatment, so.. maybe someone who knows chemistry can say why this is such a scandal?
i managed to cure myself of the coronavirus, paypal me some money and i will share the relevant bible verses, namaste

Gssh posted:

i've received a number of whatsapp forwards with testimonial videos from people that got cured supposedly. i think the dosage 10ml at 3000 ppm chlorine dioxide added to 1l of water, consumed throughout the day. this seems to be under the limits of concentration when it's used for water treatment, so.. maybe someone who knows chemistry can say why this is such a scandal?

i heard my favorite two words

that would come out to 30mg/L. the maximum residual disinfectant level goal for drinking water in the us is 4mg/L while the target is 2mg/L. 30mg/L would prob give you an upset tummy but also may induce vomiting and diarrhea. i do not know enough about how human bodies work to guess at how drinking bleach would disinfect your lungs but i would not recommend attempting to aspirate it

would love to hear how many of these folks who are drinking concentrations of bleach that would be used to remove a severe algal bloom from a neglected swimming pool are also folks who piss and moan about how their drinking water smells like a swimming pool

e: for fun and knowledge: 1 ppm = 1 mg/L

also for comparison, my water plant adds 0.7% (=7000ppm) bleach to our filtered water for disinfection. we would add 10mL of this .7% bleach to 35 liters of water to obtain our desired treatment level

Edited by zhaoyao ()

Gssh posted:

i dont understand why introducing a simple molecule like ClO2, which happens to be a powerful oxidising agent and highly corrosive would be of any use in helping against a virus which is using the cells in your lungs to replicate itself. - its either low enough concentration that it would do nothing, or its doing serious crude damage inside your body as your system goes into overdrive-mode to cope with being poisoned

I mean why Chlorine dioxide and not Bromine dioxide, or Iodine dioxide, or ammonia, or methane, or phosphorus trichloride, or silver bromide, or urea or any one of a huge number of simple molecules - whats so special about chlorine dioxide? - what is it actually doing in the body? What is the supposed method of action against a viral infection?

its bleach as panacea

招瑤 posted:

also for comparison, my water plant adds 0.7% (=7000ppm) bleach to our filtered water for disinfection. we would add 10mL of this .7% bleach to 35 liters of water to obtain our desired treatment level

thanks, i did not do the math correctly. this is what i wanted to know.

I'd say we're about a week away from a press conference on trepanation
is Trump's skin looking a little blue to anyone else

招瑤 posted:

Gssh posted:

that would come out to 30mg/L. the maximum residual disinfectant level goal for drinking water in the us is 4mg/L while the target is 2mg/L. 30mg/L would prob give you an upset tummy but also may induce vomiting and diarrhea. i do not know enough about how human bodies work to guess at how drinking bleach would disinfect your lungs but i would not recommend attempting to aspirate it

would love to hear how many of these folks who are drinking concentrations of bleach that would be used to remove a severe algal bloom from a neglected swimming pool are also folks who piss and moan about how their drinking water smells like a swimming pool

dear diary. day 5 of microdosing chlorine and i am beginning to wonder how micro these doses really are

trump recommended bleach because he remembered that bleach makes things white.
trump clarifies that he's "a big shonen fan" and that remarks were taken out of context, and translated poorly

招瑤 posted:

Gssh posted:

so what you're saying is we've already been drinking bleach, and that's why we're immune. *taps noggin*

88888 posted:

or maybe just drinking your own piss. maybe trump will come out and tell everyone that's his thing, that's what the piss tapes are, and it's why he remains unsullied while the insufficiently strong Boris, who refused to drink his own piss, failed

finding it pretty hard to believe that boris johnson doesn't drink piss

drwhat posted:

88888 posted:

or maybe just drinking your own piss. maybe trump will come out and tell everyone that's his thing, that's what the piss tapes are, and it's why he remains unsullied while the insufficiently strong Boris, who refused to drink his own piss, failed

trump going hindutva? We Are Here For It

drwhat posted:

or maybe just drinking your own piss.

the grotesquerie of this story is accentuated by the complete lack of outrage, from the reporters, the nurses themselves, the public. just an exhausted resignation to the reality of life and death in amerikka, where the frontline health worker is applauded as a hero one minute, begging for their job the next

Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia posted:

the grotesquerie of this story is accentuated by the complete lack of outrage, from the reporters, the nurses themselves, the public. just an exhausted resignation to the reality of life and death in amerikka, where the frontline health worker is applauded as a hero one minute, begging for their job the next

the youtube comments are attacking them for being selfish money grabbers, this country is amazing

if that comment section is representative of the united states, then about 65% of the country are RNs
welcome to the own zone

welcome to the own zone

next week a democratic candidate is going to use the clip of him saying "sorry, we don't collect trash" in a campaign ad that talks about the abysmal hygiene they have in china, what with them wet markets and lack of municipal sanitation services

welcome to the own zone

i'm about to watch this but i had to pause at the intro, because what an intro!

[account deactivated]
top ten coronavirus hotspots in the us
the guardian is reporting that NYT is reporting that US intelligence is 'super duper concerned' about trump pushing them to 'find' 'evidence' that coronavirus came from a lab. i have 'deactivated' my 'facebook profile' to preserve what little remains of my 'sanity'
can you deactivate the rest of facebook while you're at it please

dizastar posted:

theres been riots in a small city right outside north of paris for the past week or so after a guy on a bike got his leg torn off by a police car that rammed him. the toll for police brutality since the start of the lockdown is 5 deaths and 10 heavy injuries. for more information https://paris-luttes.info/au-nom-de-la-lutte-contre-le-covid-13848

so today some guy in a city north west of paris rammed two cops on their bike with his car, injuring two of them, all in 'the name of the islamic state', according to this article http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-divers/un-automobiliste-fonce-sur-des-policiers-a-colombes-deux-blesses-27-04-2020-8306964.php
whats really kooky about this is the symetry of both those events, as well as the entire situation. bike cops were chasing a guy who was on a bike but decided to leave the bike to jump in some car, when all of a sudden they get hit by the attacker who was driving a fancy BMW, who allegedly said that he 'watched a video about palestine' before declaring that he did it for ISIS, while conveniently leaving a letter and a knife in the car. like come on, its too much... this conveniently arrived one week after the initial incident sparking riots in multiple cities, to create a clean break between communities where riots are happening and the rest of the country, to make sure that last strata of the population will never share any type of anti police sentiment or feel any type of solidarity towards struggles in the ghetto. no ones ever made an anthology but theres been a so called green terror motivated attack at every political turning point for the past decade, its really absurd

but just as the sun always slips through the rainy clouds theres always something to make light out of all the troubles. a few days ago these 'black bloc' type anarchists tried to chime in with the rioting locals in villeneuve-la-garenne but got pushed away and called names by the rioters themselves. they got exposed for being overly provocative towards the police and being too straight forward when it came to confrontation while they obviously werent the ones taking the legal or physical hits behind all this, as theyre tourists in these neighbourhoods looking for a contact high. this reinforces the thought that these people are nothing but petit bourgeois useful idiots of national security, who do nothing but break any type of organic uprising through the spearheading of said uprisings into senseless, self destructive and rushed violence

You saw that story yesterday how in Bobigny they promised 4,000 renters they just weren't going to have to pay rent for April but then reversed their decision?

did you fart. prove you didn't fart
[account deactivated]

dizastar posted:

Parenti posted:

You saw that story yesterday how in Bobigny they promised 4,000 renters they just weren't going to have to pay rent for April but then reversed their decision?

yeah ive read about it. the issue is that social housing got privatized over the last decades (or semi privatized) meaning that the mayor never had much of a word really. that empty promise being announced in the first place obviously meant that both the private housing company and the municipal office reached an agreement, did the math and so on so i dont know why they backed out of it all of a sudden. one month worth of rent for public housing for bobigny sums up to 3.2mln (for 4000 units) and the city promised that theyd advance 50%, so 1.6mln to compensate. so in the end the monthly rent isnt really disappearing since its being paid back by taxes. even if they shave off 50% through city funding off aprils rent the private public housing company is still getting a full enveloppe and the city is losing 1.6mln of tax money that comes from the pockets of the citys inhabitants and that couldve been directed elsewhere. i moved into the big city so i lost track of it all but back when i still lived on the outskirts i could see publicly funded programs being cut off and removed as the years passed while the taxes kept on increasing. pretty weird lol makes you wonder where all the money is going

also i heard about another thing today as i ran some errands in the indian neighbourhood i had a talk with one guy who works at a store there and apparently theres been undercover kkkops walking in indian stores (up to 5 times a day ) to make sure every store did the queuing up thing and only a few people could walk in aisles at any given time, considering ethnic stores are quite cramped on average. of course this is all harassment and over 5 stores on that street closed in the past week so now they had to be really strict considering the queuing process. what the pigs do after that is searching everyone in the queue to check if theyre in their designated shopping perimeter, and sticking everyone who came from far away with a 150€ fine. so over the weeks of lockdown theres been less and less customers in that neighbourhood as theyre too scared to get caught red handed buying food

Absoute bullshit. Thanks for the context on Bobigny.

In Montreuil yesterday a solidarity group was distributing fruit and vegetables to people at the market area at Croix de Chavaux (they say around 100 people were given food) and hordes of cops swooped down to stop them.

It's amazing how all that was needed for all of the masks to come off was a polite request that people wear one
it's a good idea re: cops if people just didn't stop wearing masks in public & I bet that will happen in some places
The virus definitely came from a lab though right? Like the US's handling of it was criminal and everyone in the Trump admin should go to jail forever and they're just trying to deflect from how guilty they are, and the US definitely shouldn't do sanctions or war or otherwise 'punish' China, but it seems silly to believe that it sprung up randomly like 10 minutes away from the lab doing tests on the same viruses in the same way that we know scientists have mutated them in that past. Or am I missing something
i agree. the theory the most reactionary segments of the ruling class and the intelligence octopus say it is just must be true.
Aren't all the news companies saying it's from the wet markets though? I don't know who's saying what but 100% of the articless I've seen were pushing that angle
it's not as if deadly viruses haven't escaped from chinese labs before (SARS did, twice), but for the sake of the bats and pangolins of the world, and for the lack of any contrary evidence, I'll say it probably came from the market. A lab studying deadly batborn viruses at the centre of the outbreak is a red-flag, but a market a mile away serving those same wild animals (and many others!) for the public to eat, with none of the safety precautions of the former, is also a big red flag
the seafood market is brought up because that's one place that many of the first couple dozen cases had visited and there are often a variety of animals there. before human to human transmission was confirmed in mid january the working theory seemed to be that an animal there had been the source of infection

p much all the actual virologists who've weighed in have shit on the idea that the mechanism lending increased virulence w the ACE2 receptor could possibly have been artificial, saying the idea is a projection of scifi and naivety onto the nascent field of bioengineering. the likelihood that the virus naturally developed and infected people from wild or farmed animals, versus having escaped from a lab, is overwhelming. wuhan being the place where the first discovered outbreak occurred doesn't exclude the possibility of earlier outbreaks or the virus having been carried there by an asymptomatic individual from elsewhere
Yeah that makes sense, that it'd be more likely to be identified there due to their familiarity with the subject. Guess it just made more sense for me to blame it on arrogant scientists rather than poor people who just wanted to chill and have some bad soup. But the disgusting poor people were at fault after all
if it could not have been artificially created and it escaped from a lab run by arrogant scientists, it would have to had been present in its current form in the wild (where it was scooped up by snobby researchers as yet unaware of its presence), where dirty poor people could have come into contact with it in the normal course of their disgusting lives