20. Girth - Scream Bloody Girth

staightforward grinding mince with dual vocals. these guys have been around a while but i think this is the first full length (?) certainly its their first release i've given a decent amount of spins anyhow. i can't keep with all the splits and stuff some bands put out. their guitarist kerby also does vocals in sulfuric cautery.

19. Needle - Needle

razor-sharp grindcore with a lot of variance in pace. phlegmy high pitched vocals. kind of reminds me of full of hell.

18. Inopexia - Амбиции Приматов

sounds like last days of humanity except with a few more twists-and-turns in their song structures. blasting and gurgles from start to finish. ridiculous nonsense.

17. Burnt Decay - Demo 2019

primitive grindcore with a hint of death metal. this is for repulsion lovers. almost as if its straight out of 1986. great raw vocals - no gimmicks needed here.

16. Necrotic Liquefaction - Necrotic Liquefaction Demo

canadian gore, dan ryckman from archagathus on drums. sounds halfway between archagathus and last days of humanity. snappy drum production.

15. Internal Rot - Hack Session

technically this was recorded in 2011 but wasn't released until 2019. usually i find live albums kind of redundant and of poorer sound quality. but this is live in studio and is produced well. yes, many of these songs are available elsewhere, but internal rot is top-shelf grindcore so it doesn't bug me. anytime you can get your hands on something like this it's worth it.

14. Savage - No Escape

powerviolence from members of capitalist casualties and catheter. probably the most anthemic record on this list. more slower thick sludgy parts than capitalist casualties.

13. Fluids - Bagged & Tagged Demo

deathgrind with a drum-machine. the idea of a band sounding exactly like mortician except having more focused interludes is so good. i love the creepy synth work here. that's the potential of this band, but i think they didn't really fulfill it on their full length 'exploitative practices'. instead, there's this short EP which distills everything that works into a brisk 5 minutes.

12. Blue Holocaust - Flesh For The Cannibal God

gory fun for fans of impetigo, early carcass and regurgitate. this used to be a one-man band by guitarist pierre but around 2016 expanded to a full band. sounds better than ever in my opinion.

11. First Days Of Humanity - Remains

sounds like last days of humanity, obviously. loud, unrelenting noisy goregrind. this is a one man band from phoenix arizona, he has some other cool projects too like buoquet. there were some other good releases from fdoh this year such as 'caves' and a split with houkago grind time but 'remains' was the best i think.

10. Colostomy Spacebag - Gore In Space

is there a pun i'm not getting here? what does a colostomy have to do with space? members of haggus and fentanyl surprise. lightning fast gravity blasts and some catchy slower mince punk parts.

9. Gag Reflex - Psychosis

dunno anything about this band aside they're from leeds in england. drums and bass powerviolence. nice echoey shouted vocals - very primitive and refreshing.

8. Heinous / SxOxTxEx - Apprehended Dead / Information Era Paranoia

the main attraction here is the heinous side. last year i gave their album 'the basement' #1 on my list. the material on this split EP is just as good. just straightforward simple goregrind done to perfection. the sote side is pretty cool too, noisy raw grind, sounds like it could be from 1988. reminds me a bit of unholy grave without the melodic bits.

7. Morgue Breath - Postrarse Frente La Flema

death grind by ivo of radiation vomit. sounds like machetazo and repulsion. plenty of slower d-beat parts.

6. Shrivel Up - Shrivel Up

brash, noisy grindcore with constant tempo changes. has the stop-start mentality of yacoepsae or something like that, but the production reminds me of sick/tired also. properly loud and obnoxious.

5. Vomi Noir - Les Myasmes De La Deliquescence

sounds like blue holocaust. well, even more than that, because as far as i can tell this is literally the same band as blue holocaust, like the same musicians on the same instruments. that means that these three guys released two of the very best grindcore albums in one year under two separate bandnames. impressive. i like this one slightly better because it has nicer production.

4. Headless Death / Radiation Vomit - Social Capitalist Grindcore / Flesh & Fats

these are two extremely underrated bands. i think they're not so well-known because neither release very much. both bands sounds like early napalm death, matchetazo, repulsion etc. its just done to perfection.

3. Sulfuric Cautery - Chainsaws Clogged With The Underdeveloped Brain Matter Of Xenophobes

nonstop swirling chaos. multiple vocalists, insane blasting with tightened snare. a thicker production than all their other releases - i actually kind of miss the thin production that puts the drums right at the forefront. in any case, this is the best full-length grind album of 2019. i don't think there's another band pushing grind as far forward as these guys. a new benchmark.

2. Intensive Care / Incinerated - Split EP

incinerated continue to be the most boneheaded band in existence. muddy bass mess. pure caveman idiotic genius. intensive care are the only band on this list that aren't grindcore. slow noise rock. kind of like swans. ex-members of the endless blockade. just a really sick song that's strangely catchy.

1. Human Effluence - Promo 2019

in 2019 i listened to a lot of ldoh-alike bands; inopexia, first days of humanity, necrotic liquefaction. but this one's the best, it just is. the tightest 4 minutes of non-stop gore blasting you'll ever hear, packed with great riffs too. need a full-length from these guys a.s.a.p.

Edited by Gssh ()

i really appreciate these posts mate. grindcore is one of those genres, like country or jazz, that never pulls me in enough to follow closely, but there's always some stuff i pick up from your recs that i really like.
thanks i enjoy writing it ^_^
some cute grindcore releases itt

Chthonic_Goat_666 posted:

3. Sulfuric Cautery - Chainsaws Clogged With The Underdeveloped Brain Matter Of Xenophobes

nonstop swirling chaos. multiple vocalists, insane blasting with tightened snare. a thicker production than all their other releases - i actually kind of miss the thin production that puts the drums right at the forefront. in any case, this is the best full-length grind album of 2019. i don't think there's another band pushing grind as far forward as these guys. a new benchmark.

this is so good

gimme some header art and we can put this beastly list on the front page
this is a cool thread tradition and i support it with all my weight
goatman do you know any bands that sound like nuclear death(the band, not the concept)? i've never been able to find anything that captured the same vibe

swampman posted:

gimme some header art and we can put this beastly list on the front page

how big is header art typically? how about this one

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

lo posted:

goatman do you know any bands that sound like nuclear death(the band, not the concept)? i've never been able to find anything that captured the same vibe

i am thinking on this question deeply.

tears posted:

i think this is the best live footage of sulfuric cautery

i think this is the best live footage of sulfuric cautery

i thought that vocalist looked familiar

lo posted:

i re-listened to a lot of nuclear death and had a think about it. i think they most remind me of bands like sarcofago, necrovore, blasphemy, very early sepultura, maybe even possessed. to me nuclear death's riffing is quite thrashy/death. but i think you probably know a lot more bands than me in this vein.

some raw grind that might appeal to you:

which is a roundabout way of saying that i don't know any bands that sound like nuclear death
i think i know all those bands already lol.. they're cool but yeah there's really nothing that sounds particularly close to ND out there. one time on a metal forum a guy said they were like a grindcore band that listened to krautrock and while i don't really agree i sort of see where he was coming from, just really singular stuff.
idk if people might have seen already but the slaves to the grind doc was put up on youtube a couple of months ago

13. Fluids - Bagged & Tagged Demo

deathgrind with a drum-machine. the idea of a band sounding exactly like mortician except having more focused interludes is so good. i love the creepy synth work here. that's the potential of this band, but i think they didn't really fulfill it on their full length 'exploitative practices'. instead, there's this short EP which distills everything that works into a brisk 5 minutes.

this is one of the most disgusting things i have ever listened to, then gone and listened to the whole album, then the new ep too; mortician but the horror samples are real

so gross i post it twice

Edited by tears ()