looking for some dietary advice, here's my current menu,

Breakfast: coffee, sometimes a red bull
Brunch: a coffee
Lunch: a coffee and also a cigarette
mid afternoon: a coffee
Dinner: a pizza and a cigarette
evening: a coffee

Add alcohol, remove pizza

ok, ive done that and still not feeling all that healthy, though slightly drunker? not sure if this is correct, so what next?
go vegan
You have to eat so much lentils if you go vegan
learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king
I eat the king.
I could never eat a man who died on the toilet
i had a dream last night about eating potato chips

it was these bad boys

Pleines de Fail AIDS
[account deactivated]
ah, my precious gains... melting away...
eating less has gotten very, very easy now that a trip to the grocery store has become a possible death sentence. anyhow about a week ago I started doing some cardio to distract from the bread cravings
Every time I get hungry I just drink a. Lot of water.
city sure became a lot more bike friendly recently
There's a popular bike/running trail outside my window which has had like 400% more traffic recently. I know the risk of transmitting the coronavirus is low for people running past each other, but the path crosses a main road like a quarter-mile away from my apartment, and I bet our newly minted athletes are hitting the button for the crosswalk at the intersection.
I was doing lifting and kettlebell stuff pretty hard before quarantine and now I can't go to the gym I'm leaning heavily on pullups, pushups and snatches. every time I try to get stronger I get to a point where I'm able to crank out a decent amount of pushups, I start to see more definition in my arms, then my whingey baby left elbow starts to hurt and I can't do anything for weeks, by which point I've lost momentum. This has basically been my trying to attain fitness story my entire life.
like a proper moron i am doing keto and IF and feel tired all the damn time. like i take a walk for an hour or two and feel tired for two days lol. i aint even losing weight anymore so i should just give up on the whole thing altogether but for some reason the bastard grew on me and i keep going. cant even imagine working out, like want to try the 100 pushups thing at home but my laziness is stronger as always
i am exercising and getting stronger

sovnarkoman posted:

like a proper moron i am doing keto and IF

don't fucking do this shit, hth

overfire posted:

I was doing lifting and kettlebell stuff pretty hard before quarantine and now I can't go to the gym I'm leaning heavily on pullups, pushups and snatches. every time I try to get stronger I get to a point where I'm able to crank out a decent amount of pushups, I start to see more definition in my arms, then my whingey baby left elbow starts to hurt and I can't do anything for weeks, by which point I've lost momentum. This has basically been my trying to attain fitness story my entire life.

Have you considered not doing pushups?

sovnarkoman posted:

like a proper moron i am doing keto and IF and feel tired all the damn time. like i take a walk for an hour or two and feel tired for two days lol. i aint even losing weight anymore so i should just give up on the whole thing altogether but for some reason the bastard grew on me and i keep going. cant even imagine working out, like want to try the 100 pushups thing at home but my laziness is stronger as always

Just add some oatmeal toyou diet

cars posted:

i am exercising and getting stronger

Another successful thread by swampman

keto is fine just don't be a doofus with it. eat lots of salads and drink lots of water

e: im speaking abstractly and not implying anything about anyone in here

e2: oh "IF" is "intermittent fasting" and not just some random typo, huh
[account deactivated]
sounds okay but also like a lot more work than drinking the same number of calories worth of whiskey

e: o this is the be healthy thread my bad. after drinking your whiskey make some tea and walk in circles in your studio apartment for several hours

Edited by zhaoyao ()

[account deactivated]
waters actually a lot better than it was 30 years ago thanks to epa, and even old school sand filters remove the overwhelming majority of microplastics. and pharmaceutical concentrations in drinking water are so far sub-theraputic its ridiculous, taking parts per trillion there

unless you're treating seawater or sewage ro is usually wanton overkill. for all practical purposes you get p much the same result with far less energy consumption and wastewater production using conventional filters or less intensive membrane filters

Edited by zhaoyao ()

thats cool. water filtering is cool.
[account deactivated]
been eating better because of this virus deal. probably exercising less though. i think overall im healthier

dizastar posted:

batter bioavailability

they pay decent money for that at the clinic

dizastar posted:

also prioritize food from your original ethnic area, if your ancestors survived for thousands of years eating whatever they were eating your gut microbiota will be shaped to eat the same thing.

Easy advice for people whose ancestors were reasonably near the equator! My ancestors diet was great for them but I'm gonna keep prioritizing peppers over my ethnic foods and my gut biome will just have to adapt

Edited by colddays ()

that idea prob sounds cooler if yr ancestors had a diet that wasn't mostly gruel and turnips

e: o wait cornbread is just fried gruel and i do eat an awful lot of root vegetables, fuck

Edited by zhaoyao ()

toyot posted:

he lived in a car for a while, therefore i automatically trust him more on health issues than any of these rip-off doctors. it's all pretty basic stuff except he goes hard for RO water filters cuz the water supply's not what it was even 30 years ago, it's filled with plastics and pharmas now.

Dear toyot,
It is indeed my pleasure to write to you this letter,
which I believe will be a surprise to you. I actually found this post
while at the trade and email listings here in Pretoria, South Africa.
I work at the Ministry of Minerals and Energy in South Africa and have the
mandate of two of my senior colleagues to search discreetly and dilligently
for a foreign partner that could assist us concerning a business matter
which will be of mutual benefit to us all.

[account deactivated]

toyot posted:

sorry for posting nonsense

na thanks for the opportunity to pontificate about my favorite topic: how chemical laden municipal tap water is good for you

my municipal tap water tastes delicious. it must be artisanal chlorination or something because wherever else I go the tap water just does not compare