looks like they had amazing sources folks!
assuming this is untrue

ghostpinballer posted:

looks like they had amazing sources folks!

source: literally any doctor

I think it's funny how the news was showing Boris sitting in his room looking awful in HD, and he is a schlubby guy to begin with (but hey so am I), and then some government spokesperson would say, "Yes the prime minister's condition is quite a shock, as we all recognize, because of the prime minister's renowned stamina and vigor which -- like a great lion -- powers his roars for Britain."

A number of French cities, including Nice, have announced they plan to make face masks mandatory for those who go out.

The mayor of Nice, the capital of the French Riviera, has said all city inhabitants will receive a mask within eight to 10 days that they can reuse for a month.

Cannes and a few other places are following suit, and the capital, Paris, has said it is considering introducing the rule.

meme of the guy sweating as he tries to choose between buttons labelled "mandatory face coverings" and "outlaw burqas"

drwhat posted:

Boris Johnson just got taken to the hospital

Republican Regime Hiding True Coronavirus Death Count https://gothamist.com/news/surge-number-new-yorkers-dying-home-officials-suspect-undercount-covid-19-related-deaths

[account deactivated]
I think it's just incompetence, we mostly train doctors to not have original thought
Posting from work
greetings and wb rs
wow nice sig
thanks, its good to be back after making my anarchic-evil disease-vector-and-loving-it heel turn.
The best part of Coronavirus is getting really high before work. I mean, you can do that normally and usually be fine (operating forklifts, driving a ferry, nursing home support worker, etc.) but now that the illusion that productive forces exist anymore in the imperial core has been dispelled and you can do your pretend baby job from the computer, there's an even greater shot of getting away with it.
oh i am working retail. not even essential, just entertainment products. arkansas has strangely slipped through the quarantine cracks. but thanks to the advent of safe, reliable thc oil cartridges, i can still get high before and during work!

realsubtle posted:

oh i am working retail. not even essential, just entertainment products. arkansas has strangely slipped through the quarantine cracks. but thanks to the advent of safe, reliable thc oil cartridges, i can still get high before and during work!

I just got straight up fired from my shitty retail job of 7 years at an electronics retailer too, but I got a pretty large payout and Canadian governmental assistance. My only regret is not watching more baseball games on my phone in security camera dead-zones.

i would never steal a king's ransom of gamer swag including accessories and games from my employer. i would never just hang out on my phone while sitting on the floor in the blind spot ps3 aisle, time theft is theft from the company too. my pay is low even during a declared state of emergency because thats what the market says is best and i simply accept it.
darn, i double posted!

dizastar posted:

the quarantine isn't necessary at all, and the way they've been trying to bury Dr. Raoult (whos one of the top scientists in his domain) because he simply wants to apply the working Chinese & South Korean method tells governments have an ulterior motive to the quarantine and this whole crisis

i had been working on the assumption that if the early response - which given the head start european countries had from PRC would have been perfectly possible theoretically - had been correct in europe then there would have been no "need for quarantine" - but since the former was never going to happen, these countries have fallen back on the only thing they have - lots of police and army stormtroopers to declare war on virus. i think this is me making the assumption that the reason there was no big initial response in europe was because everyone in charge in europe ran on the theory that they were much whiter than the CCP so would obviously have no trouble dealing with virus

they are going to use the whole thing (lockdown + coronavirus) to do more genocide, increase police repression of their internal enemies, cover up imperialist fuck and ramp up tracking of all their citizens, - but i kinda see this as opportunistic rather than an initial goal. the thing that stands in the way of me thinking that it was a deliberate thing from the start is the impact their measures have/are having on circulation - difficulties in realizing profit etc etc. it just, to me, at the moment, seems like a big hit to take. but i am welcome to changing my mind

wheatdevil posted:

getting really high before work. I mean, you can do that normally and usually be fine (operating forklifts,

working in a car factory was generally p dull but having to watch out for baked tow motor operators hauling half a ton of automotive glass at 20mph kept it interesting, also did you know that big metal and concrete bollards designed to protect pedestrian corridors can actually be easily crushed by a tow motor even at low speed

dizastar posted:

the quarantine isn't necessary at all

you can't say this and then talk about "working chinese & south korean methods" without mentioning china's ludicrously strict lockdown or south korea testing people a million times more extensively than anywhere in the west. it doesn't matter if they've happened across a miracle treatment if health services being pushed way beyond capacity means that no one can access it

was the wuhan lockdown was tighter than the current lockdown of all of france? sounds pretty similar, but i don't know that many details of what the lockdown was really like in wuhan
wuhan city aint nothin to walk in
straight outta wuhan

Populares posted:

straight outta wuhan

https://www.capsteps.com/about/contact.pl

drwhat posted:

was the wuhan lockdown was tighter than the current lockdown of all of france? sounds pretty similar, but i don't know that many details of what the lockdown was really like in wuhan

i don't know if this really answers your question but it might be interesting anyway

also this https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202001/30/WS5e32512da310128217273b0c_1.html

all travel in and out of wuhan stopped, all nonessential businesses closed, and i imagine it was otherwise like other big cities across china, where you'd need a 'passport' to leave your apartment complex, there'd be temperature checks as you leave and reenter, and that's assuming you weren't quarantined because of a confirmed case among your neighbors, in which case you'd just have to rely on food delivery. how was all this policed? probably mostly self-policing, because most people would not want to flout the rules in a city full of police and cameras. in rural towns where certain residential areas were under quarantine, they just put up big banners threatening to break your legs if you left the house. behold the power of AUTHORITARIAN COMMUNISM

what if i want my legs broken, huh. boom quarantine destroyed, another failure of communism, freedom bitch
[account deactivated]
hi realsubtle
I'm against the coronavirus, personally.

dizastar posted:

inter-population stasi like policing which isnt productive at all

A much better point of comparison would be the very long history of regular old amerikkkan practices, red scare etc. The SSD was anti-fascist security against straight up third reich nazis from nextdoor, and fourth reichers from overseas occupying most of the continent.

dizastar posted:

as soon as the bells of the virus rang, they responded quickly and diverted all national effort towards curbing any type of outbreak. a quarantine two months after the fact, when the leaders who told us to keep on rocking are suddenly telling us to hide under our beds, is either never going to be taken seriously or cause inter-population stasi like policing which isnt productive at all

? I don't know how you can write this drivel with any confidence - it took china about a month from the initial late december bell ringing to start locking stuff down in late january (a gigantic fuck-up the CPC has all but admitted), it was literally a quarantine about two months after the virus would have started it's spread - but when they actually got around to doing it, it worked! And it's not like you can't go look at other countries' case numbers either, as undercounted as they may be: unless you believe they're wholesale fabrications, it's pretty clear that quarantine works in preventing new case numbers from reaching exponential levels. If there's a conspiracy or crime here, it's the opportunistic measures gov'ts have taken to maintain economic normalcy in the face of a massive contraction, the bodies that pile up when condo construction is considered essential or when the EPA decides companies can just dump shit wherever they want for a few months.

What do you think the deaths would look like without a quarantine? Business leaders in the US were keen on not shutting the country down because they knew they would be safe working from home or tucked away in a giant corner office while people stuck in service work, construction, transit, etc. would die in droves... something we're seeing in miniature among those unfortunate enough to be considered essential workers (check the death count among NYC subway workers! It ain't good!). People are perfectly fine, even enthusiastic, to stay home if they're allowed to! But I'm sure they'll all appreciate when brezhnevite tyler durden takes a huge bong rip and tells them to get back to work

[account deactivated]
According the nbc 62% of nurses are considering finding new employment. Here’s hoping they’re bullshitting.

Populares posted:

According the nbc 62% of nurses are considering finding new employment. Here’s hoping they’re bullshitting.

those ingrates. i heard on the news that people in nyc are applauding in the streets every night at 7 to show support for the brave health care workers risking it all on the front lines. what more can you ask for???

at 10 pm our government declared all of a sudden that there would be a curfew but didnt give any details, half an hour later they gave the details that it would be only for the weekend, within that half an hour everyone dashed to the stores and formed long ass lines and started to fight each other on the streets. i admire the incompetence of our government makes me feel better about myself lol
[account deactivated]

dizastar posted:

88888 posted:

dizastar posted:

as soon as the bells of the virus rang, they responded quickly and diverted all national effort towards curbing any type of outbreak. a quarantine two months after the fact, when the leaders who told us to keep on rocking are suddenly telling us to hide under our beds, is either never going to be taken seriously or cause inter-population stasi like policing which isnt productive at all

? I don't know how you can write this drivel with any confidence - it took china about a month from the initial late december bell ringing to start locking stuff down in late january (a gigantic fuck-up the CPC has all but admitted), it was literally a quarantine about two months after the virus would have started it's spread - but when they actually got around to doing it, it worked! And it's not like you can't go look at other countries' case numbers either, as undercounted as they may be: unless you believe they're wholesale fabrications, it's pretty clear that quarantine works in preventing new case numbers from reaching exponential levels. If there's a conspiracy or crime here, it's the opportunistic measures gov'ts have taken to maintain economic normalcy in the face of a massive contraction, the bodies that pile up when condo construction is considered essential or when the EPA decides companies can just dump shit wherever they want for a few months.

What do you think the deaths would look like without a quarantine? Business leaders in the US were keen on not shutting the country down because they knew they would be safe working from home or tucked away in a giant corner office while people stuck in service work, construction, transit, etc. would die in droves... something we're seeing in miniature among those unfortunate enough to be considered essential workers (check the death count among NYC subway workers! It ain't good!). People are perfectly fine, even enthusiastic, to stay home if they're allowed to! But I'm sure they'll all appreciate when brezhnevite tyler durden takes a huge bong rip and tells them to get back to work

i dont believe the virus is the sole and direct factor for the impressive death count, its the rush and pressure applied on health organization leading them to follow bad methods, caused by the eternal leap for profit of the health industry whos infiltrated euro-amerikan governments and have blood on their hands. Adding to this, the enormous amount of people being put out of work with no compensation, the poorest, will surely bring up an important death toll - or a decay in their quality of life that leaves them half dying. I'm not pushing for an irresponsible, Stakhanovite attitude triumphing against all odds, my argument is that poverty and the political restructuration in imperiali$t countries, affecting the poorest and most politically isolated, will be ten times worse than whats currently happening because of the virus. Poverty, unemployment, and a recession masked by a global crisis kills, you just won't see the graphs and statistical manipulation to cause mass panic for that on the news
i'd also like you to address me in a less vitriolic tone. im starting to find the little passive aggressive quirks you do after some of my posts a bit troublesome

I apologize for the level of vitriol but I thought your post was egregious. I don't believe the virus is the sole and direct factor in deaths, but no one else does either, the rush and pressure applied on health organizations is a direct result of the unrestricted spread of the virus, which quarantining alleviates. That healthcare systems throughout the west have suffered decades and decades of cuts isn't news to anyone here, and that poverty, unemployment, and recessions kill, which is often ignored, isn't either. Anyone who doesn't believe that would probaby not be browsing tHE r H i z z o n E, and I don't know what argument stating any of that makes.

If you're arguing that this disease isn't only thing killing, I agree but I'm not sure it's even worth stating; but that's not the argument a statement like "the quarantine isn't even necessary" makes. If it's an argument that healthwise they don't work, it's entirely incorrect. If it's an argument that the effects of economic contraction from lockdown will be worse to people than an unrestricted pandemic, I'd say that you're still probably incorrect, and I would point out that there is nothing "necessary" about people dying during economic hardship, it's capitalist negligence, and that at least that presents a space for organizing. You can't present a convincing argument about how little capitalist governance cares about human lives while simultaneously telling people that they'll be better off if business continues as usual, which besides largely sucking in the best of times, will now quite possibly kill them. Then again, I don't have a good read on what you are trying to argue, so ignore all that if it seems offbase.

watching two cool people violently agreeing with each other