i'm cleaning up with my fake corona virus test site, unrelatedly I am running a fever

winebaby posted:

i'm cleaning up with my fake corona virus test site, unrelatedly I am running a fever

one assumes the States will give these the same free speech protections they gave to fake pregnancy crisis centers

as a disaster capitalist, every force of man and nature will bend to assist me

Bablu posted:

can you pls drop some alt media names, esp if they work in tamil/telugu? i'm weary of vijay prashad and p sainath and enjoyed the kanhaiya kumar video you posted ages back

Can't help you with Tamil and Telugu, sorry. Most if not all the alt news people are based in Delhi, the JNU-JMI influence probably counts for a lot of the progressive if not particularly left culture. If you're looking for made-for-youtube commentary Prashad and Sainath are the furthest left I think. There are uploads of talks by Achin Vanaik and the Patnaiks. Anyway these are what I watch (Hindi/English):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChWtJey46brNr7qHQpN6KLQ/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGbasSKN8Nbxv1IWAAq3kUA/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCG3leC3eHChlU2OPWMk_A/videos
Also Ravish Kumar still has his show on NDTV.

:maduromadness:

vimingok posted:

Bablu posted:

can you pls drop some alt media names, esp if they work in tamil/telugu? i'm weary of vijay prashad and p sainath and enjoyed the kanhaiya kumar video you posted ages back

Can't help you with Tamil and Telugu, sorry. Most if not all the alt news people are based in Delhi, the JNU-JMI influence probably counts for a lot of the progressive if not particularly left culture. If you're looking for made-for-youtube commentary Prashad and Sainath are the furthest left I think. There are uploads of talks by Achin Vanaik and the Patnaiks. Anyway these are what I watch (Hindi/English):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChWtJey46brNr7qHQpN6KLQ/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGbasSKN8Nbxv1IWAAq3kUA/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCG3leC3eHChlU2OPWMk_A/videos
Also Ravish Kumar still has his show on NDTV.

wire is centrist liberal but they do have access to all the delhi gossip, the wrangling between state and bureaucracy, etc. sometimes they have good posts on hindi/urdu lit too.
the new dalit movement in the hindi belt led by azad of bhim party and jignesh mevani in gujrat is represented in media at dalit dastak
before i took out news from my feed (to preserve time and sanity), the channel i saw regularly was newsclick. these guys are operating out of or next to JNU so basically the entire card carrying commie gang appears here. it's led by prabir purukaystha whose geopolitics updates were my favourite. another guy who regularly shows up is paranjoy guha thukartha who was the editor for economic and political weekly. other people they have talked to or posted lectures of are the historian aijaz ahmed and the economists parbhat patnaik and jayati ghosh.
i don't know if leftist telugu channels exist. i know tamil ones do. sadly i don't know tamil. sorry bablu

Yeah the channels I mentioned are libs but they're firmly anti-the government also which is why their coverage and commentary often lines up with the left and avoids 'both sides' rhetoric. Btw here's Utsa Patnaik:
Boris Johnson just got taken to the hospital
praying for a swift succession 🙏
Until some high profile fash kicks it im going to assume all of the reports of them getting it are "obama drinks flint water" type PR
the hospital can't actually do shit for this disease except put them on supplemental oxygen and if it gets any worse the ventilator is a 70% death sentence anyway so actually this is very good, for Bashar Al'Assad, the Lion of Lungs
he was admitted for ""routine tests"". i am preparing for the best just in case

It's not news... it's FARK

MarxUltor posted:

the hospital can't actually do shit for this disease except put them on supplemental oxygen and if it gets any worse the ventilator is a 70% death sentence anyway so actually this is very good, for Bashar Al'Assad, the Lion of Lungs

yeah. they are saying he's going in for routine tests but there are no routine tests to do, and no reason to be in a hospital right now aside from artificial ventilation.

how is he going to live with the embarrassment if he dies of covid?
I wouldn't get your hopes up, it's just routine treatment for fail aids.
here's how Corbyn can still win

drwhat posted:

MarxUltor posted:

yeah. they are saying he's going in for routine tests but there are no routine tests to do, and no reason to be in a hospital right now aside from artificial ventilation.

probably just gonna go get a ct of his lungs and maybe maybe antiviral prophylaxis with whatever's in vogue among consultants where he is

yeah if u have to be ventilated ur lungs are pretty much fucked & there's a good chance ur quality of life will be diminished to varying degrees
our best hope is still that in his bullingdon days he was prone to buying his coke cut with idiot substances

Bablu posted:

probably just gonna go get a ct of his lungs and maybe maybe antiviral prophylaxis with whatever's in vogue among consultants where he is

the pessimist in me thinks this is likely

Bablu posted:

our best hope is still that in his bullingdon days he was prone to buying his coke cut with idiot substances

it was cut with quinine :(

Having one of those (thankfully not too frequent) moments where I just feel really tired and sad. This is going to be such a long year.

lol
speaking of the most handsome man in england, has anyone heard from his kentuckian counterpart? rand paul has been kinda quiet lately, wonder if someone should get a neighbor to check up on him.
Deathwatch: 50% of ICU cases die. Will British Prime Porker Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson be the next?

88888 posted:

lol

boy is his face red. from struggling to die lol

88888 posted:

lol

Waking up to this sure improved my mood.

I'm sticking 50 quid on him surviving so I win either way
repost sorta

overfire posted:

lol did you find a bookies actually taking bets on this? i will try not to read any news elsewhere so that i can have a memorable moment of finding out on here how this pans out.

I'm looking for bookies now too.

Gssh posted:

overfire posted:

lol did you find a bookies actually taking bets on this? i will try not to read any news elsewhere so that i can have a memorable moment of finding out on here how this pans out.

as i understand it all the sports aren't running so they're taking bets on basically anything at this point