usa #1

tears posted:

usa #1

Coronavirus modelers factor in new public health risk: Accusations their work is a hoax

In recent days, a growing contingent of Trump supporters have pushed the narrative that health experts are part of a deep-state plot to hurt Trump’s reelection efforts by damaging the economy and keeping the United States shut down as long as possible

Mississippi’s governor issued an order defining almost all businesses as “essential” — including auto repair, bars and restaurants

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/27/coronavirus-models-politized-trump/
lol
3 million dead americans by christmas

tears posted:

3 million dead americans by christmas

don't be so negative, it could easily be 3.5 or 4 million

a pattern so strong even CNN, peripherally, reports on it https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/28/asia/domestic-helpers-coronavirus-hnk-intl/index.html

Foreign domestic workers are required to live with their employers by law in Hong Kong. Days off are often spent with friends in public spaces but on January 30, the government appealed to the city's 390,000 domestic workers, urging them to stay home to contain the spread of the virus.

So far, 13 domestic workers from the Philippines have tested positive for the coronavirus in Hong Kong.
The Philippine consulate says most of them were infected by their employers who had traveled abroad.

A global pandemic such as this highlights the way that scientific theory must lead first in order to develop sound and sane policy to combat societal collapse and save countless lives. I urge our comrades-in-arms to embrace this important call and be not afraid to discuss the urgent and pivotal issues and dilemmas facing our movement even if it seems to contradict deeply held sentiments. This is why I believe it is the utmost importance to open a dialogue as to whether we should contemplate temporarily delaying our immediate call for the JDPON to distribute first-world white Amerikkkans among the third world nations as doing so may inadvertently exasperate infection rates in proletarian communities.
I am not skilled enough in scientific analysis,
I'm pretty worried about everyone so you all please remember to post if you die
the coronavirus is bad imo

FUCK_MY_NEKO_ASS posted:

alright pal settle down

Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia posted:

FUCK_MY_NEKO_ASS posted:

alright pal settle down

sorry sir

toyot posted:

covid ate my balls

COVID 19... JDPON, 20
one thing ive seen is how much less effective online-centered organizing is compared to people being together. facebook groups dedicated to cultivating a class-conscious response to covid-19 are getting bogged down with stupid bullshit, meetings are way less productive, and tensions are a lot higher within my work group and activist circles.
Let us retreat to a country estate and tell each other charming tales so as to distract from death and plague.

E: so long as you’re six feet away from me
war against the bad RNA, fuck it up, mobilise the troop, necleocapsid? more like nuke that capsid: total war:virus edition; psyops on a virus? u better fucking believe it, navy seals rappelling off a hospital roof, wiping down my xbox controller with 70% ethanol before droning shit, fakie 360 flip over some hospital beds, fukc

swampman posted:

somewhat unsettling to see all the world's press breathlessly report fauci's 100-200,000 fatality estimate as though, 'wow, could it really be as high as 200,000?' when it's surely going to be an order of magnitude higher
"All your base are belong to us" - COVID-19

can we please be the one place not freaking out about the bloody virus. tia

dang how do you go from this quote 3 weeks ago to predicting that 1% of the US is gonna die here

nearlyoctober posted:

dang how do you go from this quote 3 weeks ago to predicting that 1% of the US is gonna die here

vert carefully

nearlyoctober posted:

we are the 99%

nearlyoctober posted:

feels like 3 months

i ventured out into the swampland that is reddit for the first time in a long time, out of morbid curiosity to see how this was all being discussed, and noticed something interesting. there has been an uptick in the past couple of days among the anglo/five eyes news media of China Bad stories - they could've stopped this, they're lying about numbers, etc - and these stories are of course being shared on reddit, but there was a surprising amount of pushback in the top comments. for an overwhelmingly amerikkkan community that usually falls over itself to boost crap about tiananmen tanks grinding students into hamburger, there is now very little appetite for these kind of transparent buck-passing diversion tactics. the fear of what's coming, and the outright anger towards the stewards of empire, is palpable
edit: actually i dont care
[account deactivated]
Hungary just passed an enabling act basically giving Viktor Orban dictatorial powers today in “response” to the crisis.

dizastar posted:

been hearing more n more about how the covid opens the door for the possibility of fiat money disappearing and everything boiling down to ones bank account, dematerialization of transactions and so on. any thoughts on this?
its quite a sound theory at first as it follows the same political line imperalist countries are adopting when it comes to developping (permanent) totalitarian measures with the consent of the masses because of the media&statistics bureau-induced psychosis but it immediatly loses any velocity as a sound idea as soon as one realizes how much of the global trade hinges on the narcotics trade, which is illegal and thus hinges on available material currency for its multiple transactions, salaries and so on. the assumption that per capita masses from core nations spend more on drugs than masses from the periphery also goes against the idea of fiat money going away, at least until they legalize every drug with uber announcing an app called uberdope

i think you're right but you're using the term "fiat money" when you mean "physical currency"

dizastar posted:

been hearing more n more about how the covid opens the door for the possibility of fiat money disappearing

are you taking bets in gold bullion

roommate who has been working at a grocery store in manhattan has a fever today
did someone say fiat money?

dizastar posted:

been hearing more n more about how the covid opens the door for the possibility of fiat money disappearing

a big, triangular door

i'm not worried, notoriously Correct Marxist redkahina has been on twitter all week debunking this virus and proving it's no worse than a mild flu season

aerdil posted:

i'm not worried, notoriously Correct Marxist redkahina has been on twitter all week debunking this virus and proving it's no worse than a mild flu season

comparing shelter at home rules to the Holocaust is a hot take

FUCK_MY_NEKO_ASS posted:

"All your base are belong to us" - COVID-19

nucleic base