yeah i used to watch all the old lucas brunelle stuff. but i dont do any racing or anything bc i dont want to push myself to be any more dangerous, i crash often enough as it is

Acdtrux posted:

my youtube video did not embed :(

also, there was a livestream of some japanese crosswalk that I Was trying to find but it does not appear anymore so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vishEDtgdw

trip report: outside

still stupid as shit, shop still selling wine and also sells beer, back indoors now
I know some of you are in New York and I hope you're okay, it seems pretty grim. Seems grim US-wide tbh. Stay safe and if you can't stay safe, stay drunk

swampman posted:

these are wildly soothing, thank you for posting

Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia posted:

I know some of you are in New York and I hope you're okay, it seems pretty grim. Seems grim US-wide tbh. Stay safe and if you can't stay safe, stay drunk

yah we fucked. only silver lining hope for the future is that the rental market will likely collapse.

contemplating using the corona-crisis to learn to skate, need forums input
Don’t bother it’s not like riding a bike you forget if you don’t do it consistently.
ok i did it i bought a cheap korona kwarantine krisis skateboard
just won 43 euros from the people i lodge with on texas hold 'em. ten euros buy-in, busted out on my first ten, bought back in with 10 more then largely ran the board (3 other people playing, all bought in more than once). only stopped because i got tired, could have cracked the final guy for the last 17 euros if i'd played for another 30 minutes for value.

this basically reduces my rent so i'm fine with it.
[account deactivated]
my university moved all classes online for the remainder of the semester and i returned to my familial residence in flyover country so i probably won't have any in-person interaction w/ anyone in my peer group for about five months. my new friends are those habibi funk comps made by white former college radio djs
rl update-i have a bullshit office job. 3.5 weeks ago everyone in my department got sent home to work remotely...except me, the most recent employee.

the following week, alone in my office, i went to HR and told them I wanted to be set up remotely. i was told i was young and healthy, so i shouldn't be worried, and there were not enough laptops to go around.

i returned to my office, which management filled with people from customer services, all of us on top of each other as if they wanted us to be infected. management of course are ordering this remotely from their houses in rural southenglandshire.

i do no work for a week as there is no work to do. no one is watching me. i go upstairs to the abandoned meeting rooms and do push-ups and stare out of the window. i spin around in my chair. i disappear for an hour or more wandering the dual carriageway outside. intermittently i fight with HR. i find out there are spare laptops but they're being 'saved for business-critical roles.' the country is going into increasing levels of lockdown but i'm still going in. the make-up of people left in my office is getting younger and more working class. the well-fed toffs are unsurprisingly absent, fleeing one by one.

eventually i asked for a week's leave and was granted it. watching the graphs and the cases mount i predicted correctly there would be lockdown before my leave finished. however, as the government hasn't actually ordered much other than leisure facilities to close, my office remained open and i was faced with going back in or quitting and having no entitlement to benefits for voluntarily leaving my job. panicking, i called my manager and told her my housemate had symptoms of the 'rona and i had to self-isolate (on statutory sick pay which is £94 a week).

within 2 hours they delivered a desktop PC to my house. there was the ability to allow me to work remotely all along, but for some reason they were happy for everyone to swim in covid soup rather than allow people to work from home.

it's day one of homeworking and i have done absolutely nothing so far.

capitalism is an absurd hellscape and i still feel like one of the lucky ones for having employment, for however long this lasts.

Edited by overfire ()

yeah my own bullshit office job that they swore was impossible to do remotely because of security reasons went 100% remotely a couple weeks ago right as san francisco got locked down, although a lot of the other editors haven't gotten laptops, still might not, and stop getting paid on the 7th.

i hate working from home though, it sucks, i'm going crazy, also it's actually busy because of what's happening. doesn't help that i moved at the beginning of the month to a tiny studio, living alone for the first time ever.
i can't do my weurk!!
i m twerking from home
rush hour last friday

bowl of beets for lunch (breakfast)
swampyvision
blogpost about the sad state of my life but not in the usual way.. i really wnated a quesarito and a large baha blast within the last period of being awake, maybe 10pm last night or so, but the taco bell in my neighborhood is pickup only at the momnet. so i tried to place an order on the website, but its fucked up somehow, and when i try to pay im met with a blank white screen. so i tried calling and no one answered.. fianlly i tried grubhub but it appears to have been removed? wtf? how do you remove taco bell from grubhub. i considered another app but apparently taco bell has an exclusive deal with grubhub. i still havent eaten and want to have those things, am i going to have to leave my neghborhood to get taco bell. this is a really boring post, but its the state of things
do you cook? won't solve the baja blast problem (at least without some advanced ingredients not apt to be found in the standard American kitchen) but the other thing looks pretty simple

thirdplace posted:

do you cook? won't solve the baja blast problem (at least without some advanced ingredients not apt to be found in the standard American kitchen) but the other thing looks pretty simple

wtf? everyone knows fake homemade taco bell is never the same! also i dont have the ingredients for it anyways and also, suck at cooking. lol

in any case i went out to the nearest north suburb to get taco bell. there was someone there who was apparently 65 years old, diabetic and recently out of a job and now homeless due to corona issues. he asked me to buy him food so i did, adn then we sat in the parking lot and ate together and exchanged like two comments about whether we thought trump was going to be re-elected. thats the social interaction i had today. i need to sleep soon, probably, and theres some shit i need to reply to elsewhere and i mgiht do it now but i also may do it when i wake up depending on how soon i get sleepy enough to actually pass out

Every time I see a homeless boomer i say ok boomer spin 360 degrees and moonwalk away
They shuttered the 24 hour food and coffee dispensing points in the street (that homeless would sometimes overnight in) and the province's leader decreed that from tomorrow a mask or scarf will be required for going out
still havent figured out how or where to purchase rolling tobacco now and im almost out hahaha. what do i do. cant afford fucking 15 dollar a pack chicago prices. could go out to indiana on the metra and buy cheap packs there maybe. dont know if i can even afford that practically rn though. 100 dollar in my account, for the rest of teh month currently. ftw. all my necessities for the month have been paid and i have food stamps.. so dont worry i guess.. but im so broke, all the goddamn time
quit smoking. disgusting, expensive habit.
the sky is so beautifully blue and leaning out the window into the sun it feels like summer. i wish i could go to the parc de vincennes with some friends and a watermelon and some sandwiches.

imagining if israel accidentally triggered the nuclear weapons in their stockpile to cheer myself up
A palestinian gets over the wall and top israeli general just explodes the entire stockpile lol
the idf twitter guy trying to post a snuff film gif of a hamas guy being killed by a drone but he misclicks and detonates israel's entire nuclear arsenal instead

Parenti posted:

the sky is so beautifully blue and leaning out the window into the sun it feels like summer. i wish i could go to the parc de vincennes with some friends and a watermelon and some sandwiches.

there's still 2 feet of snow on the ground everywhere here, and when it finally goes away i'm gonna be pissed off

[account deactivated]

dizastar posted:

Parenti posted:

yu should check out the parc de la butte du chapeau rouge, theres way less people thzn the buttes chaumont (to a point where its almost empty even in the summer) and theres a very nice view on a huge part of the 93rd

I've been past that on the T3b on the way to Porte de Pantin but never got out, it looks really pretty from the tram though. Love that whole route actually.

teh buttes
you should check out the butte du chapeau rouge, i am definitely actually a resident of paris and not making this up
I’m going to the butt place
whar iz ze, how you say, butt parc?
[account deactivated]

dizastar posted:

i was rehearsing on my alto saxophone as i do everyday when all of a sudden a woman whos window is adjacent from mine completely went off on me screaming from her window, telling me to shut my window, that i sucked and it was horrible to listen to, that i was butchering the instrument and so on... i didnt pay no mind and tried to de-escalate by saying that i'll try to play earlier but it kinda hurts... but albert ayler received the same treatment so its a good sign

Edited by drwhat ()

dizastar posted:

i was rehearsing on my alto saxophone as i do everyday when all of a sudden a woman whos window is adjacent from mine completely went off on me screaming from her window, telling me to shut my window, that i sucked and it was horrible to listen to, that i was butchering the instrument and so on... i didnt pay no mind and tried to de-escalate by saying that i'll try to play earlier but it kinda hurts... but albert ayler received the same treatment so its a good sign

gofundme to get this poster a soprano saxophone