possibly but frequency of immunization might also be a factor as opposed to a one-time shot

snypa
[account deactivated]

Gssh posted:

"The UK introduced universal BCG immunization in 1953, and until July 2005, the UK policy was to immunize all school children between 10 and 14 years of age, and all neonates born into high-risk groups."

so, that means that people up to 81 years old would have had it.. presumably we would expect lower rates in uk also?

iirc it had to re-administered every 10-20 years, which is what they did in the soviet union

[account deactivated]
Doomsday diary: Installing the bidet I've had for ages (never used) and gave most of my TP stock to the neighbor girls who lost their jobs and were down to their last roll. They gave me some surplus squash and peppers they looted from their jobs before getting sacked, so there's an abundance of veggies. Capitalism is rapidly decaying as a mode of production here on my block as people return to barter. Very little traffic here except for occasional ambulances going fast with sirens.

The feds shot and killed a neo-Nazi in Missouri today as he prepared to blow up a hospital treating Covid patients. It looks like one of those events where the KKKops have a hand in the plot and supply the gear before making the arrest. My sense is that the hard fash survivalist types are in a quandary as a lot of their fantasies involve a collapse of civil authority due to an EMP strike from the DPRK or whatever, not a prolonged situation like this, so I imagine most are sitting around with their thumbs up their butts not sure what to do, but I can imagine others deciding to "jump the gun."

liceo posted:

too bad the soviet union isn't around anymore

We'll always have Cuba.

Teh Guardian posted:

The Romanian writer and anti-communist dissident Paul Goma has died in Paris after contracting coronavirus. Goma, who was 84, was hospitalised a week ago and died in the early hours of Wednesday morning, his biographer told Romanian media outlets.

Born in 1935, Goma first caught the attention of communist Romania’s notorious secret police in 1952 while still at school, and he was in and out of prison for the next 25 years. In 1977, he wrote an angry open letter to the dictator Nicolae Ceaușescu.

He was subsequently arrested, but was later allowed to leave Romania for Paris together with his wife and son. Goma had lived in the French capital ever since. He published a large number of novels and short story collections throughout his life, many about the experience of life under totalitarianism. Some of his later work was criticised for anti-semitism.

Parenti posted:

friendly reminder to use your free government money to buy a gun

guns and ammo are sold out. at this point you should probably buy a drill and some carbide bits and wait for MAGAs to start dying of corona then go pop open their gun safes.

now you have all their guns and a sweet drill too!
I have 2k rounds of 38 special and 3k rounds of 7.62x39 I will barter the 38 special for 556.
Now at 3 family members who've filed for unemployment
wondering what the effect of unprecedented use of alcohol based and other disinfectants will be - e.g. on evolution of bacterial resistance to these

currently digging up titanium, hobbit crystal and leaves to craft ammo for my upcoming TP run

MarxUltor posted:

guns and ammo are sold out. at this point you should probably buy a drill and some carbide bits and wait for MAGAs to start dying of corona then go pop open their gun safes.

now you have all their guns and a sweet drill too!

while trying to read up on if 70% ethanol/isopropanol is even effective against coronaviruses i did come across an interesting study which demonstrated that mountain dew was more effective against certain rhinoviruses than 70% ethanol
what if ur body is made up of 70 percent mountain dew

trakfactri posted:

trakfactri posted:

u would likely die

Parenti posted:

trakfactri posted:

u would likely die

for whatever reason, hypotheses about the LD50 of mountain dew seem to focus solely on its caffeine content but i reckon there's a complicated interplay of compounds involved that would finish u off before you hit 400 cans, which would regardless be more than 70% of me

i wonder what effect this is going to have on the institutional memory of these hospitals in nyc, seattle, new orleans, etc. a cursory glance at the news shows that both their government and an insane # of the ppl theyre hypothetically supposed to serve really do not give a shit about them and would be willing to sacrifice them if it remotely eases their current inconveniences. beyond the loss of probably thousands of various medical practitioners and staff due to ppe shortages, i feel like its going to cause a mass exodus of potential premed/nursing/etc. students who realize that shit really isnt hunky dory and the "avg american" is willing to trade several million of their lives for the opportunity to watch one game of football at a shitty bar.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/19/boris-johnson-bashar-al-assad-must-go-if-syrians-suffering-to-end

Boris caught covid

fuck, beaten
starting to think the worst thing about coronavirus is all the british liberals who now have near unlimitied time to sit inside and tweet, so i look at the boris johnson coronatweet and naturally every other fucking reply is how did prime minister of the united kkkingdom get a corona test so quickly, like motherfuck u still wearing a blue shirt with no to brexit in your av, hes the prime minister hows he going to bomb syria or some shit like that which you FUCKING LOVE if he doesnt get a coronavirus test
I hope Boris dies of this disease inshallah.

tears posted:

that is funny but i should clarify that its not Her Majesty's Principal Secretary of State for Health and Social Care who has corona virus but the Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Mental Health, Suicide Prevention and Patient Safety

i can now confirm that her Majesty's Principal Secretary of State for Health and Social Care has the c-virus

i wish her majesty's government all the best in its efforts to develop localised herd immunity in westminster
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/27/822440615/supporters-of-brazils-bolsonaro-call-for-protests-against-coronavirus-lockdown

lol
lockdown providing the endless good content

[account deactivated]
slowly pulling the sippy cup away from my lips as i read this

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-germany-politics-suicide/finance-minister-in-home-state-of-germanys-financial-centre-commits-suicide-idUKKBN21F0XY

hmm wonder if this is tied to the corona recession
[account deactivated]
https://www.propublica.org/article/people-with-intellectual-disabilities-may-be-denied-lifesaving-care-under-these-plans-as-coronavirus-spreads
eugenics is back, in pog form

sovnarkoman posted:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-germany-politics-suicide/finance-minister-in-home-state-of-germanys-financial-centre-commits-suicide-idUKKBN21F0XYhmm wonder if this is tied to the corona recession

im actually sorta surprised that rueters has or needs an entire "uk germany politics suicide" subfolder within its main "articles" directory