its ok. im going to scrobble the byob reggae 10 times to remind not only myself but others that i am chill and never get mad online, i jsut like to hang with my friends.
i thought the byob reggae was only supposed to be used to shock and disgust people accustomed to goatse. fascinating

shriekingviolet posted:

i thought the byob reggae was only supposed to be used to shock and disgust people accustomed to goatse. fascinating

lmfao

we dont even like it, no
My boss is encouraging me to represent our firm at a business networking group; praying that my Lenten fast kills me before they accept our application
I took my morning meds (stimulates) instead of my nightime meds (depressants. So here at sit at 2:43 am posting. please kill me.
i will not
everyone talking about coronavirus, never expected the norovirus lol. i'm bedridden
condolences
there's ~ a 60% chance ill be working 12 hrs on 12 hrs off for the next three+ weeks unless i can manage to catch this shit first
im also working six days this week for that OT pay, its been a nightmare at work because the new york office closed since someone in the building had the coronavirus for a week before he got tested so now everyone on this coast is doing the work of two+ people, its rad.
i wonder how many uber and lyft drivers have coronavirus? probably a lot
It's time to read The Stand again.
[account deactivated]

dizastar posted:

i made a stew of mushrooms, broccoli and chickpea in coconut milk with curry, garam masala, turmeric, ginger, garlic with a base of onions. its very good, i ate it with red rice. it was very good but i underestimated the slightly unpleasant smell broccoli has when cooked in that kind of setting since i usually stir fry it with olive oil.

unwanted tip from grandma: for broccoli (and hell, anything green) generally what I do is add it last once the meal is basically finished so it can just barely soften a little then serve immediately, otherwise I tend to get distracted juggling too many tasks and overcook it

trying not to be paranoid about corona but my dad is in four of the most serious fatality risk groups and it makes me not want to go to class in case i become the vector for the infection that causes his death. not really a rational fear since there's no confirmed cases of community transmission here yet but i also, naturally, have no faith in any of the authorities meant to keep the community safe
eyy we're blanchin broccoli over here

Petrol posted:

trying not to be paranoid about corona but my dad is in four of the most serious fatality risk groups and it makes me not want to go to class in case i become the vector for the infection that causes his death. not really a rational fear since there's no confirmed cases of community transmission here yet but i also, naturally, have no faith in any of the authorities meant to keep the community safe

yeah Most Jokes Aside i am a little concerned about both of my feeble grandmothers, stay safe beloved old ladies.

yeah this virus is basically designed to kill my dad and he's traveling with my mother over the weekend for their anniversary. thankfully they're not flying but he has an oddly blase attitude about it despite accurately predicting earlier this year that it was going to whack a bunch of people. might be a result of getting old, when you're like "well, if it gets me, it gets me, but i'm still going on my damned vacation."

meanwhile i think i'm going to start working on a veggie garden.

my brother lives out in the sticks here and has already started on his. gonna go out there this weekend, and we're going drink beer and talk about gardening

raised beds are cool, lookin good
was at home depot in WA state three days ago looking for bidet parts and every single person in the store other than me was coughing constantly. staff, customers, the weird giant dog that somebody brought in for some reason. gonna go back for raised bed ingredients and see how many made it.
yeah I’ll quit my job with no notice to help keep my parents alive if I think it’s time for that, which is probably dumb even for a labor aristo but whatever, it’s what I pass off as my values.

winebaby posted:

was at home depot in WA state three days ago looking for bidet parts and every single person in the store other than me was coughing constantly. staff, customers, the weird giant dog that somebody brought in for some reason. gonna go back for raised bed ingredients and see how many made it.

You saw Corona dog?? Seven days

The time to start distancing is before there’s a single case in your community. Due to the incubation period people could be getting seeded with it and spread it before you know it’s arrived.

That being said, it’s really almost just like delaying the inevitable, but at least that smooths the hospital demand curve and allows time for response to potentially be more practiced.

Edited by ilmdge ()

ilmdge posted:

The time to start distancing is before there’s a single case in your community. Due to the incubation period people could be getting seeded with it and spread it before you know it’s arrived.

That being said, it’s really almost just like delaying the inevitable, but at least that smooths the hospital demand curve and allows time for response to potentially be more practiced.

that's precisely the point, the genie is out of the bottle now and corona spreading through all populations is not a matter of 'if' but 'how quickly'. even the best healthcare systems in the world have finite resources, and the exponential increase in infections where insufficient measures have been taken means choices have to start being made about whose medical needs take priority (across ALL medical conditions). the west had a good 6 weeks with sufficient knowledge to prepare action plans and ensure mass testing capabilities are spun up, and those governments that refused to do so due to economic concerns are about to become mass murderers behind this.

Seeing this thing spread now, it really is unbelievable how much time China bought the world to prepare, and how badly most of the world squandered that opportunity.

Edited by ilmdge ()

there was a pie contest at work but there were too many pies & now i have 2.5 emergency pies for the big emergency. if the pies have disease then please say Rip to me ty in advance.
[account deactivated]
an open can of cola tipped over into the tiramisu pie in the work fridge before the judging began. The can had someone’s name on it in marker but the person said it wasn’t theirs and all agreed it wasn’t their handwriting. we joked that it was an operation designed to start a war between two departments, which I described as a “strategy of tension”. from across the room, I suddenly felt someone’s eyes on me. Which one of you was it and do you quarantine on the second date

cars posted:

if the pies have disease then please say Rip to me ty in advance.

rip old buddy. may we post together again in heaven

Jhonen Vasquez feels a tingle, his carefully honed senses detecting the powerful 2002 energy radiating from the idea of "diseased pie"
Now i have to work from home, which means not just air travel for conference with heaven's champions but commutes to Racist Island to find the best pig of the goblin king. No mileage and they're making me talk to a vampire dad, this is emotional labor & surplus repression.
creating revolutionary art by writing up sheet after sheet of 20th-level laborer PCs with maxed NWP in History, Gunsmithing and Marksmanship
i got put on furlough from work finally. we had a 5.7 earthquake here during the safety briefing in the morning, the whole refinery was swaying around a bit. now im at home posting while aftershocks rattle everything every couple hours. im going to make a writing desk and go into monk mode.
i was writing something before and I’m still writing something. Kind of want to use my extra fucking around time though to write something for here again, i really enjoyed doing that last time and maybe I can put up something for the front page on 4/20 again, which was lol and epic.

it is imo demented and wretched how many people online were like, “hey don’t think you can use this time to write something you want to write or be creative, you should curl up and avoid disappointment”, such complete capitulation to the exploitation of labor and its ideology
publish or perish

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

cutty
have you seen the monstertrack vids?