Well UK goons at least trump didnt ban travel from your disgusting disease ridden island so you can come spread plagues in North America AGAIN
just kidding, uk is now on the shitlist
i was in canada instead of the festering pustule of london for work, and now i am staying indefinitely in canada due to all the travel advisories and bans and everything. i think i'm going to be very glad about this. been hearing about friends and friends-of-friends literally fleeing the uk for their european continental homes so they can access health care that isn't administered by boris and already far beyond capacity

MarxUltor posted:

and a photograph of the exact location and contents of their cache, with pretty high confidence in the 6th storage unit from the left on the main building. A mile away from both a hospital, and a harbor freight.

wanna bet theyre counting on insurance to bail them out

what in the sacred name of Heck

it seemed like a month or two ago, the far left considered any talk about Covid-19 to be pure western sinophobia and comparable to the seasonal flu. but now all of a sudden it's supposed to be the death knell of capitalism. so I guess my question is: is the virus really that bad or did the hysteria cause a chain-reaction of systematic failures that will likely tank the economy?
what are you talking about? it was the narratives around china's handling of the outbreak that were pure sinophobia. and it's quite reasonable to expect the economic consequences in the west to be far more devastating, not just due to market hysteria but a far far more serious public health situation borne of a refusal to prepare appropriately. i personally expect the US to suffer the worst impact of all, for that reason
let's not forget also the sinophobia of the story that the virus originated in chinese culinary practices, when in fact we know that the virus was bioengineered and released by the ₵IA in order to stir up exactly such sinophobia in support of imperialist designs, as well as to drum up popular support for their preferred presidential candidate, bernie sanders, by highlighting the dysfunctional nature of the U.$. $tate, also they did it so that they can institute martial law to quell the unrest unleahsed by their simultaneous triggering of the inevitable economic crisis, its also a highly contagious novel coronavirus that was created and propagated, by the amerikan CIA, within China, to stoke the flagging arguments in western Marxist circles over whether the Chinese government is still communist or not (and yes, they're trying to weaken the side you know is correct!), another underreported aspect of the pandemic is that this man(title extended not from recognition but out of common habit)-made and spread disease furthers bourgeois population control and eugenicist goals, furthermore,

Edited by neckwattle ()

Synergy posted:

it seemed like a month or two ago, the far left considered any talk about Covid-19 to be pure western sinophobia and comparable to the seasonal flu. but now all of a sudden it's supposed to be the death knell of capitalism. so I guess my question is: is the virus really that bad or did the hysteria cause a chain-reaction of systematic failures that will likely tank the economy?

the far left in my brain said something totally different, actually

i got the coronavirus multiplying inside of me, see you on the other side
rip in advance
i went to the grocery store for some potatoes and they didn't have any fucking potatoes. the whole produce section was eight or nine onions and a bag of baby carrots. this whole global pandemic thing is fairly inconvenient personally speaking
getting ready to give you minute by minute updates on my personal corona virus journey

12:53: drinking a coffee
13:01: eatin a "colin the catterpillar" vegan gummy sweet from the store, thinking about what im going to do with all this time

tears posted:

i got the coronavirus multiplying inside of me, see you on the other side

[account deactivated]
15:06: its been 2 hours and 5 minutes since my last corona confession: i ate another "colin the catterpillar" vegan gummy sweet and coughed a lot
do you actually have it tears
i have a persistent and painful dry cough and muscle aches, and since they are not testing people here in the uk unless they are dying that is enough to make me need to stay at home for 7 days (insert ringu joke here); but since i am physically capable of working, if i was zero hours or self employed...
I stocked up yesterday for about a month so now I'm just drinking cans of beer and watching the Monk television program. Most likely starting a digital remote job in the next couple of days too. This coronavirus stuff isn't half bad.
It's incredible that our ruling elites want to solve a pandemic with American ideology. Sorry for being chicken little in this thread.
Excited for the Posting Renaissance covid quarantining will bring. Catch you all on Gaia

ilmdge posted:

Poor old Johnny Ray
Sounded sad upon the radio
But he moved a million hearts in mono
Our mothers cried, sang along, who'd blame them
You're grown (so grown up)
So grown (so grown up)
Now I must say more than ever

Too ra loo ra too ra loo rye aye
And we can sing just like our fathers

COVID 19!

https://www.facebook.com/events/317936472500728/

tears posted:

getting ready to give you minute by minute updates on my personal corona virus journey

12:53: drinking a coffee

I will pray for you - and here's what's interesting - to survive

the trump speech was fucking incredibly. deeply Amerikan. impeccable. open market manipulation to preserve one last weekend of worry free jerking it on the golf course or w/e. real addict shit.

88888 posted:

Excited for the Posting Renaissance covid quarantining will bring

i will be registering new accounts shortly.

lurkers, to fast-track your application process make sure to use the coupon code "KOVIDKWARANTINEKREW2020".

this guy is currently stranded in italy
Gingrich also argued in 2012 for ramping up covert assistance to Syrian rebels to defeat Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, telling CNN “it is definitely in our interest to get rid of Assad as a dictator.”
A Tennessee man who became a subject of national scorn after stockpiling 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer donated all of the supplies on Sunday just as the Tennessee attorney general’s office began investigating him for price gouging.

On Sunday morning, Matt Colvin, an Amazon seller outside Chattanooga, Tenn., helped volunteers from a local church load two-thirds of his stockpile of hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes into a box truck for the church to distribute to people in need across Tennessee.

Officials from the Tennessee attorney general’s office on Sunday took the other third, which they plan to give to their counterparts in Kentucky for distribution. (Mr. Colvin and his brother Noah bought some of the supplies in Kentucky this month.)

The donations capped a tumultuous 24 hours for Mr. Colvin. On Saturday morning, The New York Times published an article about how he and his brother cleaned out stores of sanitizer and wipes in an attempt to profit off the public’s panic over the coronavirus pandemic. Mr. Colvin sold 300 bottles of hand sanitizer at a markup on Amazon before the company removed his listings and warned sellers they would be suspended for price gouging.

As a result, Mr. Colvin was sitting on an enormous cache of sanitizer and wipes while much of the country searched in vain for them.

The article immediately sparked widespread outrage, with thousands of people posting angry comments across the internet about his actions.

Many of those people also contacted Mr. Colvin directly with hate mail and death threats, while one man even banged on the door at his home late Saturday night, according to Mr. Colvin and several messages he shared with The Times.

In an hourlong interview on Sunday, Mr. Colvin expressed remorse for his actions and said that when he decided to hoard the sanitizer and wipes, he didn’t realize the gravity of the coronavirus outbreak or the severe shortage of sanitizer and wipes.

“I’ve been buying and selling things for 10 years now. There’s been hot product after hot product. But the thing is, there’s always another one on the shelf,” he said. “When we did this trip, I had no idea that these stores wouldn’t be able to get replenished.”

He said the outpouring of hate has been scary for him and his family. He said people have incessantly called his cellphone, posted his address online and sent pizzas to his home. His inbox was flooded with ugly messages, he said. One email he shared with The Times said: “Your behavior is probably going to end up with someone killing you and your wife and your children.”

“It was never my intention to keep necessary medical supplies out of the hands of people who needed them,” he said, crying. “That’s not who I am as a person. And all I’ve been told for the last 48 hours is how much of that person I am.”

Now Mr. Colvin is facing consequences. On Sunday, Amazon and eBay suspended him as a seller, which is how he has made his living for years. The company where he rented a storage unit kicked him out. And the Tennessee attorney general’s office sent him a cease-and-desist letter and opened an investigation.

“We will not tolerate price gouging in this time of exceptional need, and we will take aggressive action to stop it,” Attorney General Herbert H. Slatery III of Tennessee said in a news release.

Tennessee’s price-gouging law prohibits charging “grossly excessive” prices for a variety of items, including food, gas and medical supplies, after the governor declares a state of emergency. The state can fine people up to $1,000 a violation.

The language of the law could benefit Mr. Colvin. Gov. Bill Lee of Tennessee declared a state of emergency on March 12, activating the price-gouging law. The Colvin brothers bought all of the sanitizer and wipes in question before that date, and Mr. Colvin said he did not sell anything after it.

A spokeswoman for the Tennessee attorney general’s office said that even if the Colvin brothers did not buy or sell any of the supplies after March 12, state authorities “will weigh all options under consumer laws.”

Reminds me, when I took econ 101 the topic inevitably turned to the "policy suggestions by economists" propaganda and the Prof brought up that price controls on bottled water in a hurricane are not a good idea because they create inefficiency. I was like hold up, the argument is that by forcing down the price, there's no signals to producers to increase production so there's under production. But in a hurricane, you don't worry about bottled water production, because it's shut down, let alone these hypothetical trucks reacting to the profit motive driving into the middle of a fucking hurricane

Totally off topic but I just thought of that shit cause of that failure of a parasite and got mad. But there's also something else to be said at the raging hysteria over the practices of random petty bourgeois hucksters, like the price jacking drug guy. Seems like sublimated anger that we should be politicizing instead of letting fizzle out or turn into catharsis when these individuals are not 'rewarded' for their behavior

Edited by marlax78 ()

Fed dropped interest rates by 100 basis points, lowered reserve requirements to 0 for certain banks, restarted QE.

MarxUltor posted:

donations

interesting way to say that he was explicitly ordered by the state to surrender his stockpile to the public

dimashq posted:

Fed dropped interest rates by 100 basis points, lowered reserve requirements to 0 for certain banks, restarted QE.

I have a line to some people deep in finance still and they were completely shitting their pants today, about what the fed action and coordinated non-US central bank actions imply about some behind the scenes problems. my understanding is that it suggests there are extreme "dollar shortages" on the part of a lot of corporations throughout the entire west. I didn't quite get it since I haven't been immersed in that in a long time but some quotes were like "this is bigger than the global financial crisis" and "if this doesn't work that's it, this is all the ammo"

straya is about to start QE which we actually avoided having to do during the GFC so yeah. not looking great is it

drwhat posted:

it suggests there are extreme "dollar shortages" on the part of a lot of corporations throughout the entire west

Lmao. But Please. This is the thread for discussing people who were irresponsible with their personal hygiene and contracted Weakling's Lung. Not for would-a, could-a, should-a style finger wagging about alleged crimes that allegely enriched the alleged oppressor classes at the expense of our very capactiy for reproducing human society. Keep that kind of off topic conspiracy to the thread thats about bad things happening. Not here where we celebrate the triumph of the human spirit over the ability of a virus to survive on a speck of phlegm on the door handle of a 7-11 for up to 72 hours

Gssh posted:

i will be registering new accounts shortly.

lurkers, to fast-track your application process make sure to use the coupon code "KOVIDKWARANTINEKREW2020".

"there are threads where nothing happens, and there are pages where threads happen" 

lurkers, every forums journey begins with a single post. why not make yours today: there has never been a better time to hop aboard
/
/

I'm saying a bit of a prayer rn for all the people in Amerika's concentration camps who need liberation before they die of virus