i got some japanese gin for xmas, so i am drinking japanese gin.

lo posted:

ive been drinking some of the extremely stupid brightly coloured liqueurs that have been sitting in the cupboard for years

if you mix them all together theyd probably take on a more familiar hue

a friend gave me a bottle of pomegranate juice to make mulled wine with. thinking of adding
  • pomegranate seeds
  • oranges
  • cinnamon
  • cardamom
  • cloves
  • maple syrup or honey
  • spiced rum

any suggestions?
sounds good, you got any star anise? it goes well with pomegranate. i would use brandy rather than spiced rum but thats just my personal opinion that spiced rum is raw sewage. also it will probably be sweet enough without adding any syrup or honey, I'd taste test before using any.
its the first day of school so im drinking beer to flush out all the coffee

shriekingviolet posted:

sounds good, you got any star anise? it goes well with pomegranate. i would use brandy rather than spiced rum but thats just my personal opinion that spiced rum is raw sewage. also it will probably be sweet enough without adding any syrup or honey, I'd taste test before using any.

thanks for mentioning the star anise i knew there was something in the spice cabinet i forgot about. and yeah i also have this weird dessert wine thing sitting on the shelf i might as well throw in. cheers.

ive run out of beer now, and have moved onto the emergency 0.5% 'beer' in a desperate measure to remain hydrated in the absence of beer

lo posted:

ive been drinking some of the extremely stupid brightly coloured liqueurs that have been sitting in the cupboard for years

i am going into battle

tears posted:

ive run out of beer now, and have moved onto the emergency 0.5% 'beer' in a desperate measure to remain hydrated in the absence of beer

generally i drink in ascending order by percentage to avoid this sort of situation

[account deactivated]
you need to remain hydrated so I would recommend beer

jansenist_drugstore posted:

would like to drink but have the flu. anyone ever drink on the flu

some beer would make you feel better

new zealand sauvingnon blanc, firstly, unbelievably tacky cr*p, secondly, stupidly wasterful, this wine came from like the other side of the world, and i like, bought it in a wilko, for 3.99? wtf, how is that eve- ah yeah, right, the profits of super-imperialism now im getting it
a bluedee fookin mary

tears posted:

new zealand sauvingnon blanc, firstly, unbelievably tacky cr*p, secondly, stupidly wasterful, this wine came from like the other side of the world, and i like, bought it in a wilko, for 3.99? wtf, how is that eve- ah yeah, right, the profits of super-imperialism now im getting it

you'll be pleased to learn that many of our other cultural products are tacky crap as well

[account deactivated]
im also sorry
there's been a lot of clickbait circulating lately about the benefits of "dry january" so i'm putting less vermouth in my martinis,
thinking of that one poster who peed in a drawer and posted about it... gwap
what good times that post brought us.......
kiwi sauv, nah, aussie chardy, yah
nice pit

let me be your drain tonight
blue&red hawaiian punch mixed, and shitty plastic bottle gasoline vodka. May it strike me blind.
i have here a locally brewed "vienna lager", i do not know what that means. i bought it at the bourgie gas station near me that only sells gasoline and craft beer, nothing else. instead of a slurpee machine they have a keg & will fill up growlers for u. there's a car shop attached to it that serves breakfast. at $0.2083 per fluid ounce this beer is almost exactly four times as expensive as the natties i usually get at the grocery store. it is p good, i like it, but the next fifteen bucks i spend on beer will be for a case of 18 "american style light lager" tall boys, naturally
i gyuess this is what goes on in this area of the forums eh
welcome to my webzone

graphicalUSSRinterface posted:

i gyuess this is what goes on in this area of the forums eh

Also American politics

Gordons stolrn from an Israeli girl im dogsitting for, is this praxis or am i bottlinv it
not enough bc it's been childcare in the daytime and textual-literary study (for the sheer joy of it) way too late in the night... neither appropriate for drinking : (
2 shots pecan whiskey in coffee; two hearted ale (2 count)
not even 4 pm... oh yeah
there's twee st patricks pub crawl junk all over the jameson's bottle labels rn, lame
im drinking coke.
[account deactivated]
i'm drinking out of my 1.5 litre of grant's scotch. it's sort of embarrassing.
mead (for your health)
im drinking water because this dumb ass state doesn't allow beer to be sold before ten o'clock in the morning on the Lord's day

ialdabaoth posted:

dumb ass state doesn't allow beer to be sold before ten o'clock in the morning on the Lord's day

such contemptful lack of reverence towards the lord their god i have never seen in all mine life, truely the amerikans are damned on all planes

its considered nekulturny to force folks to listen to your preaching before giving them free soup but somehow it's okay when you're giving out wine? theres a crowd of catholics milling around in the booze aisle checking their watches since all the churches cancelled mass