shriekingviolet posted:

c_man posted:

Ive done some very minor organizing and im astonishingly bad at it. Going to events and helping people prepare by doing manual labor, cleaning up, etc is pleasant and within the range of usef thinge i can do well enough

<3 the people who stay to put away chairs/help pack

Stacking chairs is incredibly satisfying and i wish i had more opportunities to stack chairs for cool events again

sovnarkoman posted:

if i had a tolerable life i wouldn't be posting at all lol

all the best there... but in my experience this is usually just a minor version of the idea that you'll be motivated to fix everything else about your life once you're in a committed relationship. from the same experience, ups and downs, i just assume i'll keep posting forever and if i'm wrong, what are y'all going to do, track me down and drag me back here to prove me right?? b-because it won't work.. baka....

my pc catastrophically blew up and through a rube goldberg conjuction of various different hardware failures the only functioning access to the internet I have left is a clunky XP laptop that is like 15 years old, it's neat seeing which parts of the modern internet are completely inaccessible to me right now.

it's a cool world not being able to use twitter because everything is broken and each page takes 15 minutes to load, discord isn't compatible with XP and the webapp barely functions, facebook and mainstream news sites are completely impossible. all these places bogged down with 500gb of tracking cruft and ads on every click that I can just blissfully ignore because even if I wanted to look at them I couldn't. at the same time it's striking to me how much of the old internet has been completely consumed and erased, a ghost town outside the walled gardens.

the rhizzone(blessèd by the posting gods) still runs like a dream
im sure you can figure it out somehow

shriekingviolet posted:

this makes me happy to know, i have worried since i made some changes that it would be bad on old computers, but i know we have a few people here that have good old beige boxes

really want to apologize if im posting too much, this forum is way too slow for me i think.. need the yob back
it is ok to post, imho

shriekingviolet posted:

my pc catastrophically blew up and through a rube goldberg conjuction of various different hardware failures the only functioning access to the internet I have left is a clunky XP laptop that is like 15 years old, it's neat seeing which parts of the modern internet are completely inaccessible to me right now.

for my last stint on old LF, i posted exclusively with a wiimote, and my posts were never better & never have been since

shriekingviolet posted:

it's a cool world not being able to use twitter because everything is broken and each page takes 15 minutes to load, discord isn't compatible with XP and the webapp barely functions, facebook and mainstream news sites are completely impossible. all these places bogged down with 500gb of tracking cruft and ads on every click that I can just blissfully ignore because even if I wanted to look at them I couldn't. at the same time it's striking to me how much of the old internet has been completely consumed and erased, a ghost town outside the walled gardens.

now you know my 9 year crusade against youtube embeds in this site

im running arch on a sandy bridge thinkpad (x220 specifically) and it really struggles with fb messenger. firefox eats all my ram and i have to close it and reopen it constantly. one night i left it open while i fell asleep and awoke to the same 2-second loop of some dnb song i had left on repeating because the computer had run out of ram and uhhhh kernel panicked lol. that seems weird to me though, that i have to manually monitor my ram usage. i leave top open 24/7 basically lol. back when i was still using a mac my computer might slow to shit cause of browser memory leaks but itd never uh kernel panic over it

elemennop posted:

now you know my 9 year crusade against youtube embeds in this site

i never open the music thread anyways, but if i click it accidentally it really hurts

graphicalUSSRinterface posted:

awoke to the same 2-second loop of some dnb song i had left on repeating

not sure how this is any different from regular dnb

shriekingviolet posted:

i never open the music thread anyways, but if i click it accidentally it really hurts

shriekingviolet posted:

not sure how this is any different from regular dnb

you definitely might not want to go in there at the moment

making a 45 minute appointment in my calendar so I can attempt to get into the music thread for a single shitpost
im completely losing my shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its cool to me. there was a clearly schizophrenic user on byob for a while who would post endless youtrubes to signal hidden messaages to the illuminati reading the forum, which by their accoutning included bjork, all day long and i am posting the same. not for that reason fortunately. i opened badgame tonight. help me
for a while i was drinking eveyr day and playing ffxi like 12 hours every day and i saw all my posts on badgame from then ooooooh
i cant beliueve i posted jcore on the rhizzone. that dont belong here! im losing my mind..................
i undersftand i am postingf with complete disregard for the culture here at this point. i dont know if its good or bad.. we will see

i undersftand i am postingf with complete disregard for the culture here at this point. i dont know if its good or bad.. we will see

Me too, since I was let in. But your posts are actually interesting and show dedication whereas mine are like

posting is always right

i cant beliueve i posted jcore on the rhizzone. that dont belong here!

incorrect

don't worry about it. the only bad kind of posting is anticommunistposting. you do you

the guy in the screenshot also posts here and no he does not have a phd in soviet history. gomen

Petrol posted:

the only bad kind of posting is anticommunistposting

took this as an accusation probably because pogfan upvoted it ooooh.. but i thought it was fine and also funny to be real. also the phd lie was my invention which i am proud of

i mean i dont think anyone would think otherwise but hahahaha oops im saying too much! i take full responsibility and i am not covering for anyone i promise. im also fine with it. i havent slept in some time and my brain isnt working so maybe no one cares at all and im imagining things

Petrol posted:

the only bad kind of posting is anticommunistposting

took this as an accusation probably because pogfan upvoted it ooooh.. but i thought it was fine and also funny to be real. also the phd lie was my invention which i am proud of

i actually posted that before i saw any of the stalin stuff in the other thread haha

anyway as long as you now accept comrade stalin into your heart as your lord and savior you are guaranteed an eternal home for your posts here in the rhizzone

i did the troll on facebook and a bunch of idiots who dont understand irony tried to turn it into an awful discourse thing which i hated. some asshole had the balls to say i was doing holocaust denial shit? wtf lol. i told him off and somehow this turned into a 200 comment thread where i wrecked a trot who came in swinging mercilessly til he stopped posting! it all sucked. people who dont understand irony frustrate me badly
karl_barx is an irl i organize with btw. hes cool so welcome him here with open arms. i cant shut up about the forums ever because that is my entire life! but he owns and is cool so.
anyways stalin killed at least 100 people and possibly more but its very hard to say. what is almost certain is that he killed more people than hitler
My dream is to one day have killed 101 people, thus surpassing Stalin's record of confirmed kills and cementing myself as the greatest communist monster of all time

Petrol posted:

My dream is to one day have killed 101 people, thus surpassing Stalin's record of confirmed kills and cementing myself as the greatest communist monster of all time

if you think about it really, all that would mean is that youd be more powerful than small hitler (literal hitler) and large hitler ("stalin".. whos really just another hitler) so youd be uhhh like mega hitler i guess. the biggest hitler in town

ironic fascism isn’t funny imo but I don’t hold grudges as long as people self crit

pogfan1996 posted:

ironic fascism isn’t funny imo but I don’t hold grudges as long as people self crit

its done in such a way that you are implying the opposite. its a criticism dude

if i say stalin killed at least 100 people, which he deinfitely did and probably more than that even, whats the implication of that statement if you think about it. its absurd, its a joke about how stupid that shit is
Did he though.
Not that it matters but I wasn't aware of anything like a reliable "Stalin Death Count" by which I mean, an actual number of people killed on his orders - like, traitors or whatever, not nazis obviously, i did say People... Would it even be 100? Are we counting people ultimately executed after trials he organised? Because it all starts to get a bit six degrees of kevin bacon. AND thats before you even get into whether all the people convicted in certain trials were actually executed or just received death sentences

Petrol posted:

Not that it matters but I wasn't aware of anything like a reliable "Stalin Death Count" by which I mean, an actual number of people killed on his orders - like, traitors or whatever, not nazis obviously, i did say People... Would it even be 100? Are we counting people ultimately executed after trials he organised? Because it all starts to get a bit six degrees of kevin bacon. AND thats before you even get into whether all the people convicted in certain trials were actually executed or just received death sentences

ooh.. it used to be in my bookmarks but i got the grey 90s looking stalin death count examination website somewhere. i could probably track it down given the time but id have to look around a bit. thats what i read that convinced me that stalin did indeed kill less than 100 people, potentially 0

in fact, id go so far as to say that stalin was a hero of the working people, the holodomor is a nazi lie and the death count is approximately 0. sorry this post isnt sufficiently ironic!
Stalin only killed one person, but that person was a utility monster so it was the moral equivalent of 100 million people
within the next few months you guys will be stanning lysenko the way you stan stalin and it will be my fault. just give me time to make some posts about it

within the next few months you guys will be stanning lysenko the way you stan stalin and it will be my fault. just give me time to make some posts about it

lol, you think we haven't had debates about lysenkoism like 6 years ago