Im gonna play some "xcom 2" and name the characters after historical and fictional figures that i like
You're not supposed to get attached to your cannon fodder.
i play xcom the wrong way, where i reload saves to get the results i want

c_man posted:

savescumming is its own self-inflicted hell, i will pray for u

i also play on low difficulty so i dont have to save scum too much
incredible technique
From a board of directors to a congress of communists.

c_man posted:

Im gonna play some "xcom 2" and name the characters after historical and fictional figures that i like

naming two of my xcom characters "lucy" and "desi."

alien vaporizes desi. hmm no big deal

alien vaporizes lucy

FUCK

Bablu posted:

kinda want to see how good i still am at subspace/continuum but not yet really

damn i played the shit out of that game

SavesCum. copyleft the rhizzone

shriekingviolet posted:

c_man posted:

savescumming is its own self-inflicted hell, i will pray for u

if the real world refuses to change then the digital world must bend to my will

c_man posted:

looks like we got ourselves a gamer here

im a huge hamtaro fan which is.. embarrassing to admit i guess , but there is a pretty devoted fanbase around it and a lot of people dont know the games are good, there are four that were translated into english and really are the only ones that matter anyways. the first two that came out in the english-speaking world were developed by a company called pax softnica, who worked on mother 1+2 and also pokemon snap amongst some other stuff. they made a weird game called shin onigashima which was only released in japan but even current nintendo properties like smash reference it. it looks great and id love to play it. anyhow, they are interesting adventure games with kind of a unique mechanic. theyre easy but very fun anyways. the next two were developed by alphadream. the third, ham-ham games, is a departure from the old adventure style, its like a collection of minigames with a weirdly deep exploration aspect to it. i spent a lot of time trying to get all the dialogue in the game. the last one, rainbow rescue, is a return to the pax formula and its great too
hamtaro got me into idols initially lol, mini moni did a bunch of music for the anime, so i started looking into hello! project more broadly.. went from there. my first username on byob was 'hamboree' which is a ham-chat word, and i got owned really hard for defending game theory by someone i learned a lot from over the years, all while posting under a uhhh hamtaro reference username lmfao. i felt so awful after that whole argument but it got me to read all the debates around analytic marxism soo.. hahahaha. its cool
hamtaro fan stans game theory
actually i guess rainbow rescue is earlier than ham-ham games, i didnt know that because the english version of rainbow rescue was a pal-only release, but we got ham-ham games in the us and were supposed to get rainbow rescue but never did so i just assumed it was a later title
continually embarrassing myself online.......... oh well!
the guy who roasted me over defending game theory posts here as well btw.. but im going to keep his identity a secret. all the byob commies read this forum and some of them even post!
For some reason Hideo Kojima calling Death Stranding the "first strand-type game" is really funny to me. The way I understand it, the game itself is mostly just walking around and the themes and imagery are surrealistic, and it's from Japan. By that criteria though, I was thinking that maybe the real first strand-type game was LSD Dream Emulator for the PS1.
lsd dream emulator slaps ass
i like looking through the abandonware on macintosh garden, pre-os x classic mac games were really weird and cool. do you know about any of osamu satos other games like tong nou? im thinking about that cause its up on macintosh garden hahaha. i use sheepshaver to emulate os 9 a lot, i made some cool tiling backgrounds in kidpix

despite the dumb trappings of america stuff death stranding quietly figures a post-exchange post-scarcity material economy (bracketing the idealist technoutopian explanatory framework for this being possible)
the game is laso insanely good and fun somehow. hhavent played it a ton but what i have has been incredibly captivating

graphicalUSSRinterface posted:

the guy who roasted me over defending game theory posts here as well btw.. but im going to keep his identity a secret. all the byob commies read this forum and some of them even post!

I initially found this place from lurking byobxp back in like 2012, i just stopped going there afterwards

c_man posted:

I initially found this place from lurking byobxp back in like 2012, i just stopped going there afterwards

you came back to post briefly a bit later under the c_man identity! i remember

Hm maybe it was when the zzone went down for a bit? Or maybe i joined here later?

c_man posted:

Hm maybe it was when the zzone went down for a bit? Or maybe i joined here later?

im trying to find your account in the memberlist but you made like uhh 1-2 posts in the political pictures thread and then didnt come back

That sounds about right
no budget for new video games for a while but i still have ps+ and i heard shadow of the colossus is one of the free games for march, very happy as it's been on my 'some day' list for ages.

Petrol posted:

no budget for new video games for a while but i still have ps+ and i heard shadow of the colossus is one of the free games for march, very happy as it's been on my 'some day' list for ages.

this is a good game. i still want to play ico too. ps2 emulation is easy to do these days, even my fucking 2011 thinkpad can do it and i have a gamepad for that as well....

i also have a modded ps2 but no tv for it. i should get one i think. would be comfy to game, could also hook switch up to tv then as well
yeah after all i've heard about ico i really want to play it too but i don't have a ps2 or a pc capable of emulating one. one day.

Petrol posted:

yeah after all i've heard about ico i really want to play it too but i don't have a ps2 or a pc capable of emulating one. one day.

i trust that your computer cnat run it , but if it cant you must have something ancient which sounds cool to me........... whats your setup. specs? os? deets pls

trs80 model 100, 1024k ram, no storage, 8x40 character built-in lcd display, 300 baud modem, runs the last os bill gates actually worked on hisself. have to type games in myself in BASIC
forum runs great on it tho,
Nioh 2 demo is good

graphicalUSSRinterface posted:

i trust that your computer cnat run it , but if it cant you must have something ancient which sounds cool to me........... whats your setup. specs? os? deets pls

my daily driver is a 9 year old macbook air that ive had from new, its all banged up, ive replaced the battery once and it probably needs another one soon, but it does everything i need and i love it. apart from that i have trash old hp netbook type thing that i got to run windows on for times thats useful because i dont want to fuck around dual booting my mac, but i ended up putting arch on it for fun and it actually runs pretty well on that

Petrol posted:

my daily driver is a 9 year old macbook air that ive had from new, its all banged up, ive replaced the battery once and it probably needs another one soon, but it does everything i need and i love it. apart from that i have trash old hp netbook type thing that i got to run windows on for times thats useful because i dont want to fuck around dual booting my mac, but i ended up putting arch on it for fun and it actually runs pretty well on that

nice..... our computers are the same age! but theres a large difference between a 9 year old macbook air and a nine year old thinkpad lmfao. i also run arch, but i have brain worms and unfortunately far too many opinions about systemd and im trying to get out of that bullshit. i remember a while back i was having a really abd uhh mental health time and i spent like a week reading the "systemd controversy" genre of stupid online nerd arguments and was feeling isnane amounts of internal conflict over how much work it was going to be to get out of it and feeling compltely helpless about the whole thing. just obsessing over it really badly lmfao. i want to switch to bsd and i have for quite a while, but i have a 5tb full of lal my stuff that is formatted (encrypted) ext4, and while i did come up with a convoluted scheme to get my data onto a bsd-friendly drive itd be a really annoying thing to have to do. may just migrate my system to artix with runit as init system , itd be easiest to do.

also this guy is insane, complteely unhinged, he writes this crazy screeds about "bsd serfs" and if you think that lkind of thing is funny its great https://aboutthebsds.wordpress.com/