of course all the 2009 channers who were into that shit loved denpa which naturally i also liked , there were a few iterations of that kind of lastfm person and they all were friends, the denpa people, the j-core people, the shoutbox trolls who listened to a lot of edgy noise music too

though ill end this post with something else that you wont hate hahahaha

i know of at least one other denpa listener on this forum but im not going to out them like that

too weeb for my blood mate. though i started listening to kuricorder quartet this week. that might just be echoes of past psychosis coming out though
well..
unfortunately for me, my 24-year old brother makes really bad 2010 soundung "dubstep" stuff and uhhh he is very popular. just got signed to a major label. hes kind of an asshole and extroverted in the way that art serves more of a social end for him, like he was a scene kid, and then he pivoted to edm when he got older. he doesnt like anything i like at all
by his own admission his dream is to get famous. he might make music but its entirely inconsequential , he could have picked anything else
i have listened to hybrid theory three times in the last eight hours. cant tell the difference between irony and sincerity anymore

graphicalUSSRinterface posted:

checking out the last page of the music music thread and its all gabber and uk hardcore and j-core, <3 <3 <3

still the greatest

Petrol posted:

my favourite gabber dj from back in the day and coincidentally one of the top turntablists i've ever seen is mark n of nasenbluten and bloody fist fame. he has some mixes up on youtube that are pretty wild

this one is just cutting up breaks on 45's so its a good demonstration of skill independent of genre... it was wild going to raves and thrashing around to big dumb gabber tunes and he would be scratching and dropping in bits of classic hip hop and stuff. so good.

nasenbluten and all that bloody fist records stuff is insanely sick

lol

graphicalUSSRinterface posted:

nice, this ones 4 those unbearable sativa-paranoia moments

roughsketch fuc u up

ayy buzz fuzz. rotterdam gabber 4eva
oh and this of course
the sum 41 vocal one is proclick zone
sorry one more. petrol if youre just skipping all the weeb bullshit lol check this one at least
okay thats sick
just gonna keep posting whatever because its fun
rip
this is now the theme song of this thread.
i know im just dumping shit here lol but petrol i think youll like this one too, in fact you would probably like all of the parallel hardcore comps, soulseek is not the best for j-core but you can grab em off 9tensu edit: guess only the first and third are on 9tensu but theyre easy to find via google as well

Edited by graphicalUSSRinterface ()

what i really need to know is where i can find some マグダラ呪念 because there's literally one guy who has some on slsk and he only does trades for obscure bullshit
i had to look that up, im sure you remember gusya ningen then? havent thought about them in forever

also apologies if im recommending you basic ass shit you know about already haha, i just got the impression you dont listen to j-core but maybe thats wrong of me
i really dont know anything about j core!
in terms of japanese music i know some dancey stuff like carpainter, bits and pieces of city pop, and i'm actually really into group sounds but even there my knowledge is intermediate, i've collected a few records here and there but there's heaps i don't know. and that magdalene ju-nen band that i mentioned, i only know them because i saw them once live by accident and loved them haha
damn, where did you catch something like that live hahaha

Petrol posted:

what i really need to know is where i can find some マグダラ呪念 because there's literally one guy who has some on slsk and he only does trades for obscure bullshit

those guys with all the tedious arcane sharing rules in their profile and nothing but locked files are my sworn enemies. sometimes you get a guy with locked stuff and if you ask he'll just give it to you though which is chill

lo posted:

those guys with all the tedious arcane sharing rules in their profile and nothing but locked files are my sworn enemies. sometimes you get a guy with locked stuff and if you ask he'll just give it to you though which is chill

those guys suck and its reminding me of a story, im going to bring my hamtaro psots into this thread, 10 years ago the hamtaro fan community was insane. basically it was very hard to get the episodes still, and one guy had all of them for some reason, somehow, and he put them up to stream but not to download. he used it as a weird power thing over the people who posted on the forum associated with the main fansite, and continually threatened to remove them. he did eventually! and it was a huge shitshow. there was so much more, there was the whole haru megumi saga, who ran the site, and she got pediatric cancer and became a christian and gave up hamtaro. dunno wtf shes up to now, ive tried googling her