just got out of a relationship with my first gf and she just texted me cause she is clearly trying to get back togteher and im like lol nah volcel time too busy posting. i just said i was not ready to hang out again yet. lol
tfw someone explains how great bojack horseman is, for them, to you

graphicalUSSRinterface posted:

just got out of a relationship with my first gf and she just texted me cause she is clearly trying to get back togteher and im like lol nah volcel time too busy posting. i just said i was not ready to hang out again yet. lol

let me talk to her

bojack more like boring lol rekt
[account deactivated]
morning everybody. im gonna have a shower soon
trickle down theory but for dead skin
i told my comrades in my org i would try and make it to an irl meeting today. i say that all the time but im insanely unreliable in general and they all know or whatever, ehhh its cool. still have a bunch of hangups about it in my mind but whatver! anyhow i think i may just actually follow through this time
do it

Belphegor posted:

do it

well i did but i got so invested in an online argument that i lost track of time and i arrived 5min before it ended. im cool

i been at work for 20 of the last 30 hours., but it feels like i been here for 30 of the last 20 hours
ask management for hammocks to sleep in.
employee manual says no unauthorized sleeping on the job after all
unfortunately i need to leave my room today to acquire groceries and i am trying to psych myself up to get off computer
my diet consists almsot entirely of one-dollar microwave pizzas purchased from a nearby grocery store and ive got a nice little collection of discarded packaging accumulating on my floor, amongst the empty 2 liter coke bottles and miscellaneous garbage. ive been considering getting a miniature fridge and microwave for this room so i dont have to go into the kitchen to prepare food anymore and i truly hope i never get desperate enoguh to have a piss bottle scenario
go vegan

https://veganbootcamp.org/

pogfan1996 posted:

go vegan

https://veganbootcamp.org/

im ignorant as fuck so bear with me while i tell you my opinions and feel free to own me online over it, but personally im almost amoral in a certain way, and when people tell me to go vegan its like when they tell me im personally contributing to imperialism by voitng for bernard sanders, or that its unethical to download mp3 and i should use spotify. im amenable to the argument that a communist world would necessarily be vegan but i dont see how me going vegan is going to do anything practically. i have empathy for the issue and as a teen i was vegetarian for 6 years and even now while i enjoy meat sometimes i still find myself gravitating towards stuff without it, it just is preferable to me. i could go vegetarian again easily but i love dairy too much to do anything else and also theres the question of how much harder it would make it to feed myself considring how much time i have to save for online activities. i care but really not that much to commit to it for a reason that mostly seems ethical and has no actiual benefit

lol my view of food is so utilitarian . i should commit fully and stock up on nutritional shakes such as off-brand soylent and live on that
my ethical views only took root once i stopped eating animal products, i started on it for the health benefits.

pogfan1996 posted:

my ethical views only took root once i stopped eating animal products, i started on it for the health benefits.

huh, i've always considered the touted health benefits to be totally bunk and the ethical argument to be extremely compelling

well i made it. im home and i have a pizza by my side. its a mini pizza. it cost one dollar each. you put it in the microwave and it getxs insanely soggy, which is my preferred texture, and you fold it in half and eat like a taco. takes 2min to cook. its called value corner and i buy them in stacks and thats how i keep myself alivre

my diet consists almsot entirely of one-dollar microwave pizzas purchased from a nearby grocery store and ive got a nice little collection of discarded packaging accumulating on my floor, amongst the empty 2 liter coke bottles and miscellaneous garbage. ive been considering getting a miniature fridge and microwave for this room so i dont have to go into the kitchen to prepare food anymore and i truly hope i never get desperate enoguh to have a piss bottle scenario

ah i see you're on the ulillillia diet. remember to degrease those pizzas prior to eating

lo posted:

ah i see you're on the ulillillia diet. remember to degrease those pizzas prior to eating

lmfao thanks for rewminding me i still need to watch the ulillillia doc

im going to genderpost which i absolutely never do on principle, but i know 0 other trans men who are anything like me and i wonder why constantly. i try not to think about it too much because it upsets me. i am a feminist i promise
tbh 'go vegan' is probably solid health advice for your situation because pretty much anything would be healthier than living on microwave pizzas. but i tend to agree with your feelings on the topic. i am an occasional meat eater who has deliberately cut most meat out of my diet for a number of reasons, i appreciate the ethical argument for veganism but don't find it terribly compelling, also for a number of reasons, which i choose not to get into right now, but among them is the fact that individual consumer choices are close to meaningless imo.
reading that back i realise i neglected to put in a disclaimer that i am in no way judging you for that diet. do the necessary mate

im going to genderpost which i absolutely never do on principle, but i know 0 other trans men who are anything like me and i wonder why constantly. i try not to think about it too much because it upsets me. i am a feminist i promise

going just on the gremlin nest of pizzas and junk food situation, you are definitely not the only one lol.

eating vegan won't automatically fix a quick disposable food fixation or shitty diet, there's a lot of factors in involved in that kind of lifestyle. vegans in a similar situation just end up eating nothing but larabars and chips

whenever i learn someone lives like this my first instinct is to insist they must come over for nice home cooked meal. i will learn your favorite food and i will cook it and you will eat it and i will send you home with extra dessert or else. i have big grandma energy. its important to note that this does not actually help, cuz like Petrol noted, this shit happens for reasons and you can't just brute force someone into a change in diet

Edited by shriekingviolet ()

im nae a vegetarian but living w one has made me feel less crappy on the whole + being on a limited budget w SNAP means Gremlin Food really really *really* is a Sometime Snack.
it's so difficult to get our kids and One Specific Kid out of a pretty limited ballywick of Carbs, Tomatoes, Dairy And Beans, though
Veganism is important to begin now so that you can be prepared for the mandatory rationing later
If you can afford a rice cooker, or even better an instapot, you can make lots of meals without leaving the house very often if you dont want to by buying bulk rice/lentils/veggies. Instapots are nice because you can make rice and lentils simultaneously in like 15 minutes
i can confirm even in the cheapest model of rice cooker 50/50 ratio of rice to red lentils results in glorious mujaddara (add caramelized onions, oil, spices etc afterwards ideally) - and it's probably the cheapest laziest macronutritionally complete meal you can grab
maybe i will, my monthly deposit of my NEET stipend just hit my account so i got a little bit of money. probably gonna send the rent to the roommate i havent seen in two months and i might leave the house to go get uhhh some kind of restaurant food since i have more than 15 dollar in my account rn
one of my other roommates is so nice to me haha, of course i added him on facebook and naturally i posted about the pizza thing a while back adn he cooks for me pretty often now. he just invited me down to eat sooooo im going to do thjat i guess
luring the hiki out of their room with food and only learning about them through their unhinged fb posts ftw
the lentil rice cooker idea is good. you can add some spices if you want to punch it up a little or just some salt because lentils taste pretty great tbh. i'd use brown rice too for texture and flavour but that's just me.
i'm in chicago for a couple days so anyone there want to meet up for food and drink?

Bablu posted:

i'm in chicago for a couple days so anyone there want to meet up for food and drink?

i have no idea who you are but i am in chi if you wanna

that's Bablu
think i need to pick up some new hobbies entirely for social reasons
looking forward to this epic goon meetup.