cars posted:

please keep posting Petrol

cars posted:

i will never stop posting, and i must be opposed at any cost. you all have a free pass now. leave your door open

your opinions about star trek are maybe a little too developed

The unfortunate decline of David Simon into full-bore Conspiracy-Trump mode will air on HBO next month in the form of a TV adaptation of Philip Roth's novel about the hypothetical Lindbergh presidency.
Watching the wu tang of mics and men doco series and man the shit dirty went through is fucking tragic
[account deactivated]
the goatman bends over and stretches his fabled rectum wide. slowly a sound begins to waft out
this has been painful to watch. i am in pain. stop doing what you are all doing. thank you.

liceo posted:

the last thing that flutters across our minds will be goatse.

severe age induced dementia runs in my family, an awful way to go and a deep rooted fear of mine.

if i should ever forget the joy of goatse i want my loved ones to know that my spirit has truly departed and they ought to euthanize my abandoned husk

[account deactivated]
I’m watching all the movies on the Sight and Sound Top 250 list. Of everything I’ve seen thus far, the 20s experimental Soviet film Man With a Movie Camera was the coolest.

lo posted:

insane but plausible opinions like washing machines are fascist

yeah thinking that a machine that makes you separate white and colored clothes is fascist is definitely insane

i watched the ken burns vietnam documentary and i found it a real headscratcher how he threw in a bit in the first episode how de gaulle or someone threatened to join the soviet sphere (?) if the us didn't help pay for the war, which i cant find any verification of anywhere else
it actually seems very straightforward to make those sorts of documentaries i dont know why everyone thinks hes so great
Because Shelbey Foote makes great source material and that shit carried the civil war series.
Hey Petrol just wanted to say I'm sorry you're going through a bad time and if I knew that I wouldn't have riffed on an argument that was annoying you. I haven't posted on forums since my edgy atheist phase during Obama 1 and what little I do nowadays is usually with reddit assholes when I'm drunk and too tired to play games, so I suppose I kind of by default think of online strangers as debate-machines. Also I learned a lot from your conspiracy thread as a lurker. Please keep posting!

littlegreenpills posted:

i watched the ken burns vietnam documentary and i found it a real headscratcher how he threw in a bit in the first episode how de gaulle or someone threatened to join the soviet sphere (?) if the us didn't help pay for the war, which i cant find any verification of anywhere else

might be about this thing but i aint sure

https://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1945v06/d175

i think he s saying soviets can steamroll france soon and if they dont get their colony back they wont have the strength to resist it or whatever

Edited by sovnarkoman ()

sovnarkoman posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

might be about this thing but i aint sure

https://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1945v06/d175

i think he s saying soviets can steamroll france soon and if they dont get our colony back they wont have the strength to resist it or whatever

Thanks, that's pretty interesting! although what's more interesting is how something w the historical import of a fart in the wind was even mentioned in the doc, never mind so misleadingly lol

im gonna make a ken burns doc abt LF and the offsites
Fuck that I want a groverhaus documentary. LF was killed because they stood the most chance of getting Grover's cargocult mcmansion torn down.

ialdabaoth posted:

your opinions about star trek are maybe a little too developed

yet swampman is also correct... much to ponder.......

iirc de Gaulle pulled out of the NATO Standing Group and killed it in the process before his meeting with Brezhnev
I appreciate all the kind words people have said both publicly and privately, and I want to draw a line under the ugly incident of the last few days by declaring here and now that yes, I will continue posting, probably until I die, and depending on technological advances, into the beyond. Thank you. Let us continue now to talk about what the rhizzone are watching.

Petrol posted:

so anyway what are the rhizzone watching? i recently finished the new pope, which was a worthy successor to the young pope and i think better in a lot of ways. high tier trash id call it. if you like your tv weird with beautiful visuals, great music, and more catholicism than even the rhizzone circa 5 years ago, this show is like a warm bath.

i love the new pope

Petrol posted:

so anyway what are the rhizzone watching?

watching joker right now out of morbid curiosity and it is basically intolerable. i think it would be improved about 80% by an ironic score instead of the overbearing molasses that's been poured all over it. wouldn't make up for the nasty racist overtones but aesthetically it'd be something

update: holy shit it only got worse and worse

Edited by Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia ()

Any recommendations for alternatives to Adam Curtis? He always veers off into liberal explanations premised on "if only __ would act/think/work as it should" whenever a class-based analysis threatens to become obvious.

vimingok posted:

Any recommendations for alternatives to Adam Curtis?

try neon genesis evangelion

as tears said, shin godzilla is very good. otherwise have you tried watching/listening to any parenti lectures
shin godzilla is incredible

chickeon posted:

shin godzilla is incredible

anno is writing and producing shin ultraman next, although hes not directing it so hard to say how cool it will be yet.

yeah im pretty hype for it regardless
i watched the Picard. i don't like it and it's bad. later i'll write a large post on it because of posting persona.

tears posted:

vimingok posted:

Any recommendations for alternatives to Adam Curtis?

try neon genesis evangelion

I'll google it but I was asking for documentaries about regime change stuff bold enough not to make claims like 'communist land redistribution caused tribal unrest in Afghanistan because grey area'.

bitter lake was extremely uninteresting, i think he peaked with century of the self and should have stopped there
tears do you skate?
this has brought me great mirth

since dr cat removed the scrabble dictionary posts, when I use search my top two most frequent results are

1) the post where I posted the entire text of the neon genesis evangelion article from the neon genesis evangelion wiki,

2) the post where I copy-pasted a story about Doctor Doom in a pokemon tournament