Parenti posted:

Coronavirus just arrived in Paris...how do I survive?

Very carefully

Parenti posted:

move to the peoples republic of china where their superior public health system, social commitment to public health and adherence to dengism and Xi Jinping Thought will see you in good hands

dont be hysterical about the coronavirus... the government is reactingly swiftly and decisively while the western media (and, i suspect, scientists) are just giving the people what they want to hear, a terrible drama of oriental plague.
folks flipping out about coronavirus when flu has already killed between 8000 and 20000 in the US alone this season
is coronavirus the brain disease that makes people pretend Corona is a good beer

because i can understand why china would be concerned about an outbreak of that
in not a doctor but id guess no. the disease you're describing had been endemic in many parts of the world for quite some time

e: the main problem w corona is that it is not as cheap as it should be
the main problem with corona is that without the addition of a citrus wedge it tastes like soap.
in australia we have the joy of 'news' articles nominally about the possible origins of coronavirus that are really an excuse to say 'look at these cruel savage orientals eating mice and bats'.
stupid jokes

Edited by tears ()

i have reminded myself that birtain has a chain of terrible pubs called walkabout, such tacky racism... this place fucking sucks!

Edited by tears ()

Petrol posted:

in australia we have the joy of 'news' articles nominally about the possible origins of coronavirus that are really an excuse to say 'look at these cruel savage orientals eating mice and bats'.

i've seen a few articles about how its actually an ethnocidal chinese bioweapon

Petrol posted:

the main problem with corona is that without the addition of a citrus wedge it tastes like soap.

that's okay if its priced appropriately. the local custom here is to pour some hot sauce in it. i want to use an emoticon here but i already just used the claw reaching out of a toilet one

corona is priced here as a premium import beer, which is to say, it is extremely overpriced
in more positive news about my new life situation, it's absolutely crazy to me how much music my wife and i have recorded together. basically, we're emeralds.
take it to the wife thread
let me listen to her

ialdabaoth posted:

Petrol posted:

that's okay if its priced appropriately. the local custom here is to pour some hot sauce in it. i want to use an emoticon here but i already just used the claw reaching out of a toilet one

sorry for the dytd crosspost but is it just tabasco sauce, or is there some other widely available condiment that is used?

tabasco, louisiana, cholula, sriracha... whatevers on hand

tears posted:

Parenti posted:

move to the peoples republic of china where their superior public health system, social commitment to public health and adherence to dengism and Xi Jinping Thought will see you in good hands

This is probably true in emergency situations but generally speaking isn't healthcare in China similar to the U.S. in that a lot of it is privatized and people have to pay a large percentage out of pocket? I could be totally misinformed, but that's just my surface level understanding of it.

The DPRK would probably be a better example of an ideal healthcare system.

I thought cuba was the best healthcare provider.
I'm balancing my rational response to the fact that nothing's going to happen with my worry about tail events. At the end of the day I think I'll be fine, but I've got friends in China and both of them, while trying to play it cool, are a little nervous. One of them is actually pretty scared and not leaving the house anymore, though they live in Zhejiang which has the second highest rate in the country. I might buy a mask myself.

I've seen some of the insane posts from people who think China wants to mass murder whitey with a superbug and honestly it makes me angry. Just casual disregard for the basic humanity of Chinese people. Not exactly uncommon, but has made me a lot more angry than I usually would be, because people in China are genuinely scared.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
post a band camp link plz
have you tried becoming a landlord? it worked for Hannibal!
been scarce lately but i hope everyone is well

Sunday posted:

let me listen to her

https://soundcloud.com/delphinagaea/citrus-theme no foolin

jansenist_drugstore posted:

tears posted:

btw i am always interested in hearing about peoples memories/experience of school science, positive and negative, esp in not the uk

i went to a meager little reformed protestant school in rural Pennsylvania where we only learned the one true science, that the Earth was created in 6 days and on the 7th day, that God rested. we learned not to trust the venomous teachings of worldly science, and kept our eyes steadfastly on the one Holy Truth. above all, we learned that the most rigorous, crucial science was that of meticulously and precisely measuring natural erosion, which revealed that all of Nature cannot refrain from bowing in wonder before the Kingdom of God, and signifies the Kingdom's immanent return to Earth - once the perfect measurement of erosion is recorded, we will all know the moment and the hour of Christ's Return. it all ends in a massive fête, where there will be young calves roasted to crisp perfection replete with juicy apples crammed into their mouths, plus boundless other delectable hors d'oeuvre so complex and dynamic in flavor that it is beyond human imagination. Those seated at the table will enjoy a choice view overlooking the Lake of Fire which will reveal a magnificent spectacle of the unrelenting burning of the wicked. the scientists will be the ones that will burn the slowest and will endure the most adamant, unbearable pain of all for leading societies the world over so far astray.

i studied 7 years in a private school ran by gülenists and we had a religion teacher (yeah we got an obligatory course in turkey called "information regarding religious culture and morals" which is just simple screeds about islam and nothing else) who said that we shouldnt clap ever because it s haram coz it was invented by polytheists in mecca who wanted to drown muhammad s voice while he was trying to give a speech

did they make you do jazz hands
jazz hands were invented by judeans who wanted to taunt jesus about the nail wounds so that s also haram
I had a math teacher who was super into sacred geometry and had us watch videos about the chartes cathedral and archimedes

sovnarkoman posted:

jazz hands were invented by judeans who wanted to taunt jesus about the nail wounds so that s also haram

lol

One of my high school Spanish teachers showed us a documentary about migrant farmworkers one time and it stuck with me since then, even before I read Sakai's line about the fruit tasting so sweet. I wish all the Spanish language had stuck with me too though.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
yo soy senora peggy hill

sovnarkoman posted:

my hs french teacher told us about morgellons disease but was nice enough to pass me with a 51 so i graduated on time
its the weekend, rhizzone is back, someone kid told me i didnt look dead inside like all his other teachers, i puked up on the way to work yesterday then aced my appraisal, all in all a great week