*digging at the new Lenta site* Cheese and crackers... that rascally Stalin has ruined my day yet again.
swampman did you ever reach out to grover furr and if so give us the deets
Solzhenitsyn, always with the Solzhenitsyn.
i got Fat Tom to say swampman could go on the ycw podcast to talk about stalin... i hope it happens someday

hey swampman read your own goddam thread
swampman: i;m gonna spend 5 years forcing bloodlies down peoples throats

kraphead: hey, did you ever get an email from that guy for doing that like i just did and like what did he say?

swmapaman: ...

swamp lies
drain the swamp!
everyone who makes a high-content thread has the second best excuse for not responding to other posters in it Actually, the best one being “I don’t want to”

karphead posted:

swampman did you ever reach out to grover furr and if so give us the deets

I met them... seemed like a nice person. But what i came here today to post was this

Which idk how its connected to the thread, to the "amerikan holodomor" of the 1930s, to some, other stuff, Idk, getting too senile in the brains tissues for to make sense of it all :,(
sounds to me like post-soviet ukraine has engaged in a sustained and deliberate program of genocide through economic means, as required by its capitalist ideology
i cant believe how many people have died in post-soviet eastern europe vs. how much it's ever talked about by anybody
capitalism kills.
Hey someone upvoted an old post in this thread and I think a good self-criticism for me here is that DSA’s imperialist platform wasn’t a reaction to the New Left, as someone here explained to me, the Harringtonoid DSA leadership were always massive Red-baiting tools and supported the U.S. invasion of Vietnam early on. i think some other parts of the post hold up though & I had fun reading that whole page again so thank you for your support.
my one post on that page appears to be mocking a fellow poster for taking youtube seriously. Correct as always
Harrington supported the war against Vietnam until the Democrats didn't iirc which is even worse
i looked at grover furr's web site just now because i wanted to see if he had had written anything about the late stalin period and the campaign against 'cosmopolitanism' that liberals say was anti semitic. i didn't really find anything but it turns out that grover has been exchanging polemics with a trot from the magazine 'Historical Materialism':

https://msuweb.montclair.edu/~furrg/research/reply_to_marie_12.21.html posted:

My Reply to Reviews of Two of my Books by Jean-Jacques Marie in Historical Materialism.

In December, 2021, Historical Materialism (HM), a British journal, published reviews of two of my books by Jean-Jacques Marie. Marie is the most prominent Trotskyist academic in the world today. (Marie’s review of Yezhov vs Stalin (YS) ; of Khrushchev Lied (KL)

Both of Marie’s reviews are full of crude personal insults and attempts at sarcasm. They are also full of shocking errors.

HM, a journal open to social-democrats and Trotskyists, participates in what I have termed the Anti-Stalin Paradigm – meaning, that they will publish nothing except negative statements about Stalin, regardless of the evidence. I assumed that they would reject my reply to Marie, and they did.

Here, then, is my reply to Marie’s incompetent and ignorant reviews. I welcome comments and criticisms.

Grover Furr, December 29, 2021

i also hadn't realised that furr and losurdo had corresponded about stalin before losurdo's death, it's quite interesting to read: http://domenicolosurdo.blogspot.com/2013/01/lo-storico-statunitense-grover-furr.html

grover fur has a new book out about lenin's testament https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578284995/
The new GF book is included in the current version of the Collected Works which is now located here: http://www.readmarxeveryday.org/bloodlies/xtras/GROVERFURR_COLLECTEDWORKS_June2022.zip