I started a play through as punching cop, it was goood. Maybe I should start again.
I'm your huckleberry!
i successfully rolled on like a 5% roll and beat the shit out of that machinehead dude or whatever, then i got bored and played some CS for a little bit. the only game that lets you literally be a "bad dudde"
as planned i used some money i got for xmas to buy a game. i decided on the new star wars game because it's already on sale and i thought the lightsaber stuff would be fun. i think the full title is Star Wars Pretty Jedi Warrior Magical Fallen Order Gaiden: Restitution of Innocence and Panty. anyway it's pretty good
Pope Play through

There he is,
ottomans lost instanbul and exist as a rump state with no Armenians to genocide. Edit: i formed Yugoslavia but greater Germany formed and stole Croatia from me.

Edited by Populares ()

Bought a PS4 for xmas just to play MGSV and Death Stranding. 2020 is my gamer year, I can feel it

Petrol posted:

if i really dig snatcher this time round i suppose it means i should give other visual novels a go? because that's basically what it is, apart from the little shooty bits, which tbh aren't very good and feel shoehorned in. it's the cyberpunk setting and vibes that really do it for me. anyone know any other cyberpunk visual novels i should try? don't say va11 ha11a or whatever that's called, the venezuelan fascist game about how child sex trafficking is actually good and cool

shadowrun dragonfall is actually really good for the most part. not just "for a game, I guess" good

you also have to play xcom in between the visual novel parts but it's also good (play on hard though imo)

but skip the playable character backstory stuff, it was committee-written and added later

did all of you enjoy your Bernie Sanders podcast cop game??
the vampire masquerade the visual novel the game is so unbelievably online it has a malkavian character doing a thing about cia twitter sockpuppets boosting anti-morales talking points in the recent coup, and also how bad they are at it, idk what is even real anymore tbqh
wait so how much of this

tears posted:

is not a photoshop

no, thats the actual game, someone put the hate amerikkka beat in the vampire video game. dear draw distance production, please make a vampire the masquerade video game with that hate amerikkka beat right out front, tia
yeah you guys have no idea how memey it is

[account deactivated]

i may be a tv baby, but at least i'm not a computer zombie
holy fucking shit natural selection 2 is getting blamed for a school shooting

(screenshot is natural selection 1)
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/10/americas/mexico-coahuila-school-shooting/index.html

"Riquelme said authorities believe the boy was influenced by the video game Natural Selection, a first-person shooting game."
Ive heard people say "disco elysium" is a fun game for online politics people, which makes me very wary. Have any of u all played it?
I've played 5 minutes of it, the fact they let you play a belligerent drunk cop solves problems with his fists can be a plus or minus depending on your tastes.
the screencaps i've seen are amusing and the writing stands out by being minimally competent. they won some award and gave a shout out to viktor tsoi which is cool. they also gave a shout ouot to karl marx but thats just something illiterate video game people now do
woman too young to own N64 . o O (One way to hold this device is bizarre and uncomfortable. I think too much of my elders to believe they would accept this)

wise N64 types: i will strive every day to be the person you see in me.
bought euro truck simulator 2 with all the dlc on sale. i've been hauling freight thru the baltic states cranking tommy wright 3 high as fuck - highly recommended :weed:

[account deactivated]
Caught antisocial winter gamer influenza as I do every year, played some Disco Elysium (entertaining, more likely to influence teens than "books") and Hearts Of Iron 4 (a decent way to time travel 16 hours into the future with no recollection of intervening moments, otherwise worse than other Paradox offerings).
i am continuing to enjoy "jedi fallen order". i eventually bumped the difficulty down because i am not a Real Gamer and prefer to enjoy a game in the limited time i have to play rather than bash my head against a wall for a while every time i come up against a big new boss or set piece packed with tough enemies. but that's the great thing about this game, it respects me enough to let me choose a difficulty, rather than using a fixed high difficulty to cover for game design limitations *cough* darksouls *cough*
wait a second.....

winebaby posted:

Caught antisocial winter gamer influenza as I do every year, played some Disco Elysium (entertaining, more likely to influence teens than "books") and Hearts Of Iron 4 (a decent way to time travel 16 hours into the future with no recollection of intervening moments, otherwise worse than other Paradox offerings).

asocial.... antisocial woudl be like shrieking twitch streaming on public transit

chickeon posted:

asocial.... antisocial woudl be like shrieking twitch streaming on public transit

YOU YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP OFFICER!

Petrol posted:

it respects me enough to let me choose a difficulty, rather than using a fixed high difficulty to cover for game design limitations *cough* darksouls *cough*

Petrol posted:

i am continuing to enjoy "jedi fallen order". i eventually bumped the difficulty down because i am not a Real Gamer and prefer to enjoy a game in the limited time i have to play rather than bash my head against a wall for a while every time i come up against a big new boss or set piece packed with tough enemies. but that's the great thing about this game, it respects me enough to let me choose a difficulty, rather than using a fixed high difficulty to cover for game design limitations *cough* darksouls *cough*

What are dark souls' design limitations you coward

Petrol posted:

What are dark souls' design limitations you coward

the souls games would be much more impressive if they had properly implemented difficulty settings. i'm not making the game journalist argument here that they're dropping the ball on accessibility, that this is somehow a moral imperative. what i mean is just that fromsoft limit themselves to balancing the combat mechanics very precisely for basement dwellers who are happy to fight a boss 20 times just to memorise its attack patterns and eventually beat it by muscle memory. some of us prefer the option of more forgiving combat so we can actually have fun while still having lives.
dark souls junkies getting mad itt
dumb souls more like

Petrol posted:

the souls games would be much more impressive if they had properly implemented difficulty settings. i'm not making the game journalist argument here that they're dropping the ball on accessibility, that this is somehow a moral imperative. what i mean is just that fromsoft limit themselves to balancing the combat mechanics very precisely for basement dwellers who are happy to fight a boss 20 times just to memorise its attack patterns and eventually beat it by muscle memory. some of us prefer the option of more forgiving combat so we can actually have fun while still having lives.

it just sounds like it's not a game made for you. like i don't really enjoy bullet hell shump games but im not going to say that devs that make them should put in a difficulty where there aren't actually that many bullets on the screen.

lo posted:

it just sounds like it's not a game made for you.

i do not live in a basement, no.