lol. grudging upvote for partisangirl
wip post: weeping and crying and pissing my pants while constantly checking guardian.co.uk

not sure where im really going with this tbh, little help over here pls
unconfirmed but looks like y*nks are getting the fuck out of iraq
looks real enough to me

edit: i guess tw*tter blocked our embeds or something. snapped from Washington Post's Beirut correspondent's post

Edited by drwhat ()

It's just a delaying tactic. All they're doing is moving a few hundred Troops out of the "green zone" in Baghdad to other locations. The heritage foundation lobbyist serving as secretary of defense confirmed they're not leaving. Leaking the letter is probably just throwing a scrap of meat to the chasing wolves in hopes it distracts them, because Moqtada al'Sadr just declared war again.

don't believe his lies

MarxUltor posted:

It's just a delaying tactic. All they're doing is moving a few hundred Troops out of the "green zone" in Baghdad to other locations. The heritage foundation lobbyist serving as secretary of defense confirmed they're not leaving. Leaking the letter is probably just throwing a scrap of meat to the chasing wolves in hopes it distracts them, because Moqtada al'Sadr just declared war again.

should have read MU's post

whatever's going on, it was planned before the bombing of the PMUs on dec 27. the media's working overtime to paint this controlled sequence of events as a series of spontaneous outbursts on the part of donald trump. did you know the pentagon asked him if he wanted to assassinate soleimani as a joke?
all i can think about is that red_dread post where all the red wives had to console their moist boyfriends who were weeping and crying about being drafted despite being like suburban white amerikkkans, that time trump fired all 69 of his tomahawk missiles into syria

kinch posted:

should have read MU's post

wrong, never read my posts

kinch posted:

whatever's going on, it was planned before the bombing of the PMUs on dec 27. the media's working overtime to paint this controlled sequence of events as a series of spontaneous outbursts on the part of donald trump. did you know the pentagon asked him if he wanted to assassinate soleimani as a joke?

i have to admit I do honestly think this is just trump being trump and all the racist babboons around him sig heiling about how all he needs to triumph is the will. Saw earlier that basically the whole current natsec gang is all Iraq vets who blame Iran for everything that ever went wrong in their lives.

the main support I have for this theory is that while trying to think of a comparable fuckup in all of history I keep getting hung up on the fact that at least Hitler stockpiled weapons and Troops BEFORE declaring war on the Soviet Union. Not one single person of a level of strategic competence more advanced than starcraft custom map hobbyist would do this by warcriming the fuck out of someone and then patiently waiting for 10s of thousands of missiles to turn the entire 82nd airborne division into the 1st groundmeat pile.

MarxUltor posted:

kinch posted:

i have to admit I do honestly think this is just trump being trump and all the racist babboons around him sig heiling about how all he needs to triumph is the will. Saw earlier that basically the whole current natsec gang is all Iraq vets who blame Iran for everything that ever went wrong in their lives.

the main support I have for this theory is that while trying to think of a comparable fuckup in all of history I keep getting hung up on the fact that at least Hitler stockpiled weapons and Troops BEFORE declaring war on the Soviet Union. Not one single person of a level of strategic competence more advanced than starcraft custom map hobbyist would do this by warcriming the fuck out of someone and then patiently waiting for 10s of thousands of missiles to turn the entire 82nd airborne division into the 1st groundmeat pile.

The antinomies of Donald trump, I can simultaneously think of opposite, compelling explanations of what he’s “thinking”. I don’t think they’re planning war, yet I also think this has been in the works for 4 years. Who knows. It’s scary.

the americans keep complaining about drafts.. hell, sounds like they should install better insulation!

dimashq posted:

I don’t think they’re planning war, yet I also think this has been in the works for 4 years. Who knows. It’s scary.

I can only imagine it being in the works that long in the sense of the idea of striking Iran in this way sometime before the end of Trump's first term. It's unbelievable that this was planned in detail very far in advance.

To me it really does smack of Trump playing 'god emperor' and greenlighting the most reckless and bloodthirsty plan presented to him, with little interest in the details of how it would be implemented and what happens next.

Regardless of the US stance on withdrawl, there appear to be serious rumblings across the rest of the coalition. UK for example reportedly sending officials to coordinate potential withdrawl. The NATO occupation may yet collapse whether US likes it or not. They really aren't in control of the situation.

Petrol posted:

dimashq posted:

I don’t think they’re planning war, yet I also think this has been in the works for 4 years. Who knows. It’s scary.

I can only imagine it being in the works that long in the sense of the idea of striking Iran in this way sometime before the end of Trump's first term. It's unbelievable that this was planned in detail very far in advance.

yeah, since he took office he's been escalating things with iran (withdrawing from the nuclear agreement, etc.) and around 2017 pompeo was trying to connect iran to al qaeda which they absurdly brought back recently. i think they've just been waiting for the right opportunity and the right timing, during an impeachment and an election year.

withdrawing from the nuclear agreement was, in retrospect, a bigger red flag than i think most of us realised. at the time i figured it was little more than one of many examples of trump making a show of stepping back something obama put in place. but his iran rhetoric has actually been consistent since before he won the election and yeah, it's just been steady escalation ever since
also declaring the IRGC a "terrorist" organization in retrospect was an even bigger flag since it gave the "legal" fiction to do this strike in the first place
:pwned
but what if they can!?!?!? clearly this needs congressional investigation into the safety of our beloved copyrighted characters.
let's retcon ourselves to victory, once again
it would own incredibly if iran blew up marvel studios
so many great things to blow up, it's like a buffet table of things to blow up

aerdil posted:

also declaring the IRGC a "terrorist" organization in retrospect was an even bigger flag since it gave the "legal" fiction to do this strike in the first place

well now iran has declared the pentagon to be a terrorist organization. shoes on the other foot

none of these ameriKKKan red flags regarding iran are as big as the red flag of marxism-leninism(-maoism)(periphery orientated core struggle)(pro-JDPON)
One problem among many with the liberal take that the real issue with the assassination was that it was risky and ineffective {for *us*) is that in truth the murder of Suleimani was a victory for US imperialism that eliminated an experienced leader and has forced the agents of resistance in MENA into a bad bind where they must not let the empire go unpunished but as the same time must try to avoid provoking a devastating apocalyptic response from Washington's axis. The current strategy of open thuggery is, simply put, a strategy that gets results, if not the only as the Obama White House showed. Wavering falsehoods can not really argue against self-assured and decisive ones. This goes to show that the only true and solid critique of Trump's foreign policy must be based on solidarity with those targeted by US aggression and their struggle for survival and recognition.

Edited by RedMaistre ()

Anyway, reading this almost gave me another seizure.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/07/opinion/trump-soleimani-iran.html
It’s happening
BREAKING: Multiple Iranian rockets strike Krusty Krab Airbase
watch trump start a fucking war
what are the chances the IRGC went rogue and the secular generals in the regular army are all feeling very queasy about now

littlegreenpills posted:

what are the chances the IRGC went rogue and the secular generals in the regular army are all feeling very queasy about now

pretty close to zero? they couldn't not respond and this target makes the most sense

i would like to congratulate the iranians on striking against the worlds biggest terrorist aka the great satan aka the amerikkkans
iran threatening to also bomb any country in the region that helps amerika. apparently u$ jets took off from a base in the uae. my family lives there. i really hope nothing happens to my parents because these fascists couldnt keep their war boner in their blue jeans.
Aged like milk