Death to America

c_man posted:

Your post is incomprehensible because youre trying to be folksy and vague because write like you assume everyone agrees with you already and just wants a fun post to upvote

you understood it just fine, as well.

[account deactivated]
iirc the last time the Trump white house tried to do that Iran humiliated them in public. i think maybe it's just a gimme with that guy in front of the rest of the world for them in particular.
Reports that the US just bombed another Iraqi commander, in Iraq. The U.S. remains committed to de-escalation.

pogfan1996 posted:

please come out and support your local January 4th National Day of Action against the us occupation

https://www.answercoalition.org/national_action_us_troops_out_of_iraq

Expanded to 50 cities

pogfan1996 posted:

pogfan1996 posted:

please come out and support your local January 4th National Day of Action against the us occupation

https://www.answercoalition.org/national_action_us_troops_out_of_iraq

Expanded to 50 cities

[account deactivated]

toyot posted:

it's odd how orchestrated these sub-wars are, i was reading that new interview with assad about the beats of that war. the amerikans would call up and declare that they'd strike such-and-so, the russians would call the syrians, they'd discuss terms, the strike would be performed, then a series of predetermined steps would take place in retaliation. i hope iran's not on the phone with some amerikan going "ok then how about the other base?" the world's most aggressive military needs to be fought in rings it doesn't want to (including the home continent)

misanthropic_rage posted:

toyot posted:

it's odd how orchestrated these sub-wars are, i was reading that new interview with assad about the beats of that war. the amerikans would call up and declare that they'd strike such-and-so, the russians would call the syrians, they'd discuss terms, the strike would be performed, then a series of predetermined steps would take place in retaliation. i hope iran's not on the phone with some amerikan going "ok then how about the other base?" the world's most aggressive military needs to be fought in rings it doesn't want to (including the home continent)

If this is true, that they are even asking for a limited and proportionate response from Iran as a deal means they must see the real potential Iranian response to likely be devastating. I wonder what they think is going to happen if a four star general (or the other rumor, a removal of sanctions and a nuclear deal in exchange for no response at all, I.e. the status quo from a mere week ago) is even on the table. If true, sounds like a real big fuck up.

[account deactivated]
i'm responding by going down to the federal building and standing around i guess. sorry fayafi.
Trump tweeting that they have 52 preselected targets inside Iran ready in the event of Iranian retaliation that includes targets considered to be “important to Iranian culture”. The guy is going to bomb historic mosques.
Even as the emptiest of empty threats, "I am ready to commit war crimes for no reason other than to cause you pain" is pretty wild

Petrol posted:

Even as the emptiest of empty threats, "I am ready to commit war crimes for no reason other than to cause you pain" is pretty wild

That’s an accurate summation of american foreign policy from the very beginning

imagining being that person whos response to this is to complain about trumps ineptitude with foreign policy

tears posted:

imagining being that person whos response to this is to complain about trumps ineptitude with foreign policy

I try not to imagine myself as Bernie “let’s use drones to assassinate people slightly less” Sanders

*seeing bits of bodies thrown everywhere, burn out vehicles and gore* wow, the ineptitude is staggering, please, phone bank for hillary

pogfan1996 posted:

Petrol posted:

i mean, yeah, kind of, but
- unambiguous war crimes are not often explicitly admitted, let alone announced in advance
- war crimes usually have some kind of purpose beyond pure spite. like, the wedding that gets the old drone missile double tap, it's ostensibly to kill specific guests, not just to go "nyah nyah fucked up your wedding have fun picking up bits of kid"

dimashq posted:

I wonder what they think is going to happen

The generals are probably worried about simultaneous sustained ballistic and cruise missile attacks at every single US base within a thousand miles of Tehran and thousands of naval mines in the Strait of Hormuz. And they very very much should be, obviously, but thats basically a given at this point. But what they should also be worried about is that Iran really needs to make the actual USA suffer for this as a deterrent. Obviously they want to get rid of the Troops in the mideast but I think they're also going to want to include something in the US to demonstrate to Trump and all the other war criminals that they do have the reach.

Blow up a few Google/Amazon Web Services/* datacenters
Blow the undersea fiber cables or other critical data physical infrastructure
road trip across the US throwing a grenade at random power substations
oil refineries are big tubes of explode protected by a chainlink fence and a mall cop
pipelines don't have the fence or the guard
put a torpedo on a sailboat and push it off the side in Norfolk naval harbor. The carriers park on the outermost piers.
martyrs with machineguns walk into the NYSE or satellite control facilities or military bases
a$$a$$inate p0mpe0 or the blood witch running the CIA
Hezbollah says "fuck it"
MANPAD outside the one single base where all the stealth bombers launch from
homebrew or smuggle some drones and napalm the pentagon

all of that is just the morally legit stuff that they would actually do. The US is also imagining all kinds of freak mass civilian casualty comic book villain shit like nerve gassing schools or putting fail aids in domestic water reservoirs or truck bombing Hoover dam that realistically speaking no one other than americans would ever consider.

And ok all of that stuff is kinda obvious and the US homeland security weenies have been talking about it for decades...but they also can't really do anything about it. The US is just too large to actually secure everything and all the high tech shit requires so much delicate infrastructure. They can't guard it all, all they can do is put up alarms and cameras and hope the cops get there. And all US utility infrastructure is already crumbling, so some relatively small acts of sabotage could have a large effect.

Seeing this clip of Soleimani, I'm sure whatever they do will be much more original than whatever I came up with

hey remember this? https://news.yahoo.com/cias-communications-suffered-catastrophic-compromise-started-iran-090018710.html
ROAD TRIP!!!

cars posted:

c_man posted:

Your post is incomprehensible because youre trying to be folksy and vague because write like you assume everyone agrees with you already and just wants a fun post to upvote

you understood it just fine, as well.

whats the point of this? why make bizarre assertions about the poor faith of anyone criticizing you for any little thing? get over yourself

1 out of every 20 cars post is illegible, you're just now getting this?

MarxUltor posted:

dimashq posted:

I wonder what they think is going to happen

Blow up a few Google/Amazon Web Services/* datacenters
Blow the undersea fiber cables or other critical data physical infrastructure
road trip across the US throwing a grenade at random power substations
oil refineries are big tubes of explode protected by a chainlink fence and a mall cop
pipelines don't have the fence or the guard
put a torpedo on a sailboat and push it off the side in Norfolk naval harbor. The carriers park on the outermost piers.
martyrs with machineguns walk into the NYSE or satellite control facilities or military bases
a$$a$$inate p0mpe0 or the blood witch running the CIA
Hezbollah says "fuck it"
MANPAD outside the one single base where all the stealth bombers launch from
homebrew or smuggle some drones and napalm the pentagon

all of that is just the morally legit stuff that they would actually do.

Iran, being far more reasonable and just than Amerikkka, will almost certainly not target civilian or corporate infrastructure and will limit their retaliation to an overtly military target.

BOO i want hoover dam to explode.

Populares posted:

BOO i want hoover dam to explode.

no, i have never posted on the site "rhizzone.net/forum"

Petrol posted:

pogfan1996 posted:

Petrol posted:

i mean, yeah, kind of, but
- unambiguous war crimes are not often explicitly admitted, let alone announced in advance
- war crimes usually have some kind of purpose beyond pure spite. like, the wedding that gets the old drone missile double tap, it's ostensibly to kill specific guests, not just to go "nyah nyah fucked up your wedding have fun picking up bits of kid"

Counter-insurgency doctrine necessitates the targeting of civilians because that's the insurgency's base of support and seen as the way to demoralize an opponent which avoids trying to reveal itself on the battlefield but yes there is something postmodern about the president tweeting about it

[account deactivated]
iraq voted to expel US troops immediately.

meanwhile, reports of iranian-americans being detained at the border on reentry to the US and questioned about political opinions for 11+ hours. not long enough to spin up the internment camps i guess but doesn't hurt to start getting some practice in
Death to America, of course.
Jane Arraf reporting that Trump specifically asked the Iraqi PM to mediate with Iran before bombing Suleimani:

The implication seems to be that the Iraqi PM himself was unwittingly used as bait in the assassination.
https://gowans.blog/2020/01/05/soleimani-assassination-only-one-of-many-and-not-the-most-consequential-us-acts-of-war-against-iran/

“While the assassination of an Iranian general by a US drone attack in Iraq has been construed in some quarters as a consequential act of war, it is only one, in a long series of US actions, that constitute de facto acts of war by the United States against Iran that have caused considerable harm to the country.”
to me, it would be funny if, Iran announced they were going to take no offensive military action, and as a result, US defense stocks tank and our economy collapses. i would say, thats funny"

pogfan1996 posted:

https://gowans.blog/2020/01/05/soleimani-assassination-only-one-of-many-and-not-the-most-consequential-us-acts-of-war-against-iran/“While the assassination of an Iranian general by a US drone attack in Iraq has been construed in some quarters as a consequential act of war, it is only one, in a long series of US actions, that constitute de facto acts of war by the United States against Iran that have caused considerable harm to the country.”

It really undermines what he's trying to say when he starts with a hot-take-clickbaity line about how actually this assassination isn't that big a deal. Just goes to show how blogs have eroded people's ability to make even basic points without wrapping them up in layers of stylistic bullshit. The internet really does make you stupid

marg bar amrika.

c_man posted:

whats the point of this?

why lie about not being able to understand something? just read, comprehend, post