this is a pretty good primer on the ouboros-like wankery of the political class in oz

damoj posted:

this is a pretty good primer on the ouboros-like wankery of the political class in oz

poor scotty. it was supposed to be a simple photo op with people who have lost everything and for whom he has done nothing... how could it possibly go so wrong??
im the goat on a lead, under a sky glowing orange with the light of a thousand fires
hahaha he can't help himself
edit: lol

Edited by tears ()

ahahahhaha
so he finally backflipped and announced some proactive measures today which amount to too little too late and presented it all at a press conference with an air of taking charge that convinced nobody but hey, it was the least offensive he'd managed to be in weeks. then he promptly posted a political ad touting the new measures, complete with upbeat royalty free music.

i think it's safe to say the public mood is pretty solidly hostile at this point
i think the death toll now stands at 23 people, conservative estimate for wildlife is half a billion animals. some species may not recover. the prime minister has been enjoying the cricket
starting a rumor where ash makes koalas weigh twice as much, but get ten times as strong

Petrol posted:

so he finally backflipped and announced some proactive measures today which amount to too little too late and presented it all at a press conference with an air of taking charge that convinced nobody but hey, it was the least offensive he'd managed to be in weeks. then he promptly posted a political ad touting the new measures, complete with upbeat royalty free music.

i think it's safe to say the public mood is pretty solidly hostile at this point

he shoulda made it with the 1000 degree glowing knife video music

cars posted:

starting a rumor where ash makes koalas weigh twice as much, but get ten times as strong

you know they can't mature w/o getting charred yeah? some koala youth hang around in a perpetual prepubescence just waiting for wildfires

[account deactivated]
Pretty simple really. Prevent First Nations from managing the land we stole from them (even the bits we still let them live on), cut budgets of all firefighting services and refuse requested resources, and dig as much shit out of the ground as possible at all times.

You have to understand, we're all just big Mad Max fans down here and we're trying to get the entire continent to cosplay
Petrol's commute
paris_hilton_thats_hot.gif
火車 but instead of the car he's passing a burning australia on the freeway
that forced handshake thing would work in a eric andre prank
Morrison replaced Abbott because the latter was an utter cretin less concerned with basic leadership than with prosecuting bizarre ego powerplays.

This ecological catastrophe has completely unwound Morrison and made his liberal slash-and-burn-budget kin (specifically old mate Gladys) look like actual statesmen next to him. Actual Trump effect.
conservative estimate of wildlife deaths upgraded to 1 billion.
scientists now have that at 'many billions' and first reports coming through of almost certainly extinct species including the long footed potteroo and the glossy black cockatoo.
i like potoroos and cockatoos
me toos

Petrol posted:

火車 but instead of the car he's passing a burning australia on the freeway

Petrol posted:

ooooo lol

new goon project: hoovervilles for each of the subfora
whose lack of vision when setting up the rhizz failed to term them subflora