shriekingviolet posted:

i am formally lodging a complaint against this thread about an actual professional nato propagandist degenerating into a dreary mock thread pointlessly shadowboxing goon posts. i was going to suggest that if you absolutely have to indulge in this pathetic crap at least put it in a different toilet thread so i can ignore it, but really this is just too shameful and embarrassing.

*monkey's paw starts to wiggle*

as i see it, there will always be a connection to The Other Forum. if there's another purge of MLs, Maoists or w/e we should be ready to accept new members. i think we can afford ONE thread to discuss those matters.

bonus image:

gas

lo posted:

gas

tempting but i dont want to ifap synergy and this is after all the toilet forum

tears posted:

its the architectural equivalent of

Every winter grover and his family gather around the insulated stairs for warmth.
lowtax appears to be doing a mass purge in CSPAM so expect some overflow here.

Synergy posted:

meat's back on the menu

Synergy posted:

close the gates a little

want a forums account? submit an article for the front page, fucko
Adding Discord Chat user Bofa Updog as a friend after being banned from SA forums by a washed up internet legend
both of up dog
wow who could have predicted this turn of events in cspam after literally the same thing happened to LF and when guyovich got shunned out by the stem nerd neoliberal contingent
yeah i know about CSPAM! I see spam, I eat it

will SA finally die after 20 years? stay tuned to find out!
I'll make the offsite
the FYAD-BnR feud might outlive the forums, but now is a good time to consider one thing they had in common: they both had the integrity to call out Lowtax the first time around while the coward mods and admins lead everyone else in simpering and groveling to their literally spineless deadbeat father figure.

hopefully from this seed a beautiful flower of mutual understanding will grow.
Unity and struggle of opposites advancing to the next stage in the form of a general forums war against Lowtax.
now I reckon that very same synthesis may have already occurred, nearly a decade ago, in a little ole deleuzian backwater some folks here might find strangely familiar.

now sit back as I spin you a tale I like to call *whipcrack* Abolish the forums to make way for goon ISIS
The more I hear about BnR the more it reminds me of this Trotskyist student group at the college here which received a surge of members after Bernie 2016 failed, and then over time, slowly and painfully purged everyone except for the clique that did the purging so it ended up with four people in a room reading Trotsky articles out loud to each other.

That's apparently already happened to some degree which led to some "Stalinist purges" jokes but I get a compulsive urge to say that's more like Trot clique kneecapping, whereas Stalin would be more like Lowtax calling on the rank-and-file goons to wage a war against the mods and admins as a way of binding a mass, popular base to a radically centralized leadership. I should probably take a break and check back in a few months.

Edited by trakfactri ()

I don't know anything about BnR except that the welcome page indicates they consider "fail aids" to be neither funny nor acceptable (damn), and also there's a $10 registration fee ()
destroy something awful to make room for rhizzone isis or something idk i dont listen to them

88888 posted:

they consider "fail aids" to be neither funny nor acceptable

a good story should have a beginning, middle, and end, and this one has been taking too long to find the ending imo

88888 posted:

the welcome page indicates they consider "fail aids" to be neither funny nor acceptable

i've changed my mind - "no investigation, no right to speak". I'll need someone to buy me an account

me too tbh
finally a use for the cia money thats been weighing my pockets down

88888 posted:

88888 posted:

the welcome page indicates they consider "fail aids" to be neither funny nor acceptable

i've changed my mind - "no investigation, no right to speak". I'll need someone to buy me an account

i don't know if this is still the case but a couple of days ago they waived the $10 reg fee so I made an account and was approved after a bit.

don't know who this person is but SA lives on i guess?
i cant even fathom whats in the heart of a man who was able to sustain 15 years of regular activity on the somethingawful forums without getting perma'd. cholesterol i guess.
he seems like an ok guy level headed enough to take the ritual abuse of adminship in good humour, and he can recognize what's funny. the joy hasn't been sucked out of him yet, i think he has a good temperament for trying to strike a balance with all the warring subcultures but really, some fires just can't be put out. the actual fundamental structure of their moderation culture is deeply flawed and if he has the guts to try fix that he's going to have a revolt of his own.

if he succeeds at that daunting task they can hopefully look forward to a couple years of peaceful competent leadership until someone discovers he has a deep freeze full of mutilated cats or whatever

i would wish him luck but he has sat on the most cursed throne in the whole net and nothing can save him now. maybe his inevitable doom will be a gentle one. i'll drink to that
Boo Not Resuscitate
gas
lol that goons, on realizing that lowtax beats his wife after only three separate wives said so, and learning that all this time he's been ebegging and pretending to have spine aids he's really been living in a huge mcmansion and driving around in a nissan gtr, react by buying the forum. normal people would just go make a new forum, but goons are like trained dogs you say sit they sit, you say lowtax their wallets open
anyway as funny as somethingawful lore is, fuck that place. it somewhere that nerds who 5 years ago thought the word "faggot" was the height of comedy now adopt socially enlightened mannerisms in an attempt to convince themselves they're on the right side of history while still engaging in some of the cruelest and destructive behavior on the internet. nowhere else will you see a forums poster be probated for accidentally misgendering someone in a thread of people donating money to literal azov battalion in exchange for writing their usernames on artillery shells. may the assad curse manifest digitally

Horselord posted:

lol that goons, on realizing that lowtax beats his wife after only three separate wives said so, and learning that all this time he's been ebegging and pretending to have spine aids he's really been living in a huge mcmansion and driving around in a nissan gtr, react by buying the forum. normal people would just go make a new forum, but goons are like trained dogs you say sit they sit, you say lowtax their wallets open

remember when goons decided one of lowtax's wives must have been lying about the abuse bc she was a mail order bride

how could a man possibly abuse a woman whom he regards highly enough to have paid money for her