[account deactivated]
v pleasant presentation, unfortunately undermined by failing to dunk the whole thing in a vat of hot sauce and (!) neglecting to serve on a red and white checkered paper

and who cuts pickles like that

cars posted:

chef john rules but i absolutely hate deep frying, its so wasteful. I know its total blasphemy but a lot of recipes really can be adapted Very Carefully to air fry in a convection oven, gotta maintain a pretty clean oven though or you'll smoke out the house with some real foulness

also the chickenflesh part is very wasteful
I thought Parasite was pretty good.
if you're going to eat flesh the least you can do is make sure it tastes like shit
[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

gotta maintain a pretty clean oven though or you'll smoke out the house with some real foulness

hell, i dont need to cook to do that!!

dont smoke your house out with real fowlness. seitan is a very workable & tasty replacement in this hot chicken recipe
no, please don't try to make fried chicken with seitan. it already has a very dense and chewy texture, if you try breading and frying it you will just have a gross leathery mess. if you're craving deep fried comfort use tofu. vegetarian and vegan cooking is good without pretending to be meat, don't fuck it all up by torturing the ingredients into failing to do something they're not supposed to.
au contraire, i have had nashville hot "chick'n" that was distinguishable from the real thing solely by the lack of bones
huh, i'll have to do a little research then. got a recommended recipe?

shriekingviolet posted:

got a recommended recipe?

replace the chicken with megadrive cartridges

here’s my opinion on that nashville hot chicken video i posted: when tpaine posted it and i loaded that page of the thread, it turned the upvote/downvote total on everyone’s posts into a video showing how to make nashville hot chicken

shriekingviolet posted:

i haven't made it myself just eaten it. i've had hot chicken inspired vegan dishes made w both seitan and w tofu though, much prefer the seitan due to its heavier texture. tofu is too soft and smooth

ialdabaoth posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

i haven't made it myself just eaten it. i've had hot chicken inspired vegan dishes made w both seitan and w tofu though, much prefer the seitan due to its heavier texture. tofu is too soft and smooth

I’ve had good crispy tofu before, it’s possible

If you freeze and thaw tofu, it gets a chicken-like texture, very good for making something like chicken nuggets.
The Irishman is so good. The special face de-agifier effect is done pretty well too, you can only tell if you stare really hard.

Zoe posted:

The Irishman is so good. The special face de-agifier effect is done pretty well too, you can only tell if you stare really hard.

The faces are done really well, yeah. But the bodies give it away - posture, how they carry themselves. Please sign my petition for Netflix to drop another $180 million on a special edition where they get some Andy Serkis types to redo the bodies with motion capture.

[account deactivated]
Glad im not the only one who prefers the movie.
I can't remember if we finished the first ep of westworld here but we certainly never started the second. It was just extremely bad. Heavy handed nonsense, the definition of pretentious
All i wanted to do was play red dead redemption again after giving up at the edgy rape scene.
When a rockstar game is more tasteful than your big budget tv show you know you fucked up
Immensely fucked up and true.
some of what made westworld seem really stupid ended up to actually make sense. other parts of what made westworld seem really stupid got much worse
i mean, if people really need to watch a problematic and sometimes nonsensical tv series in which robots make us question the nature of humanity, evangelion already exists
just watched the aeon flux box set. the peter chung episodes have the better artistic style but the howard baker episodes got all the best story ideas

yukikosyndrome posted:

just watched the aeon flux box set. the peter chung episodes have the better artistic style but the howard baker episodes got all the best story ideas

Agreed. I have that somewhere, it's probably time for a rewatch over the holidays. Nice av btw

dimashq posted:

ialdabaoth posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

I’ve had good crispy tofu before, it’s possible

Press tofu for half an hour, marinate it in whatever, cut it up and cover it with corn starch, stir fry/sautée it with olive oil and you’ll get your crispy tofu.

I watched the darn dog run around!!
[account deactivated]
rare date night with My Wife last night, we saw the new terminator flick. her request as she was massively into T2 as a kid and wanted to see linda hamilton back in action. of course it was naff but we had zero expectations going in so it was fun enough. i think the highlight was when one of the characters said "if you put 100 cops between you and a terminator, you'll just end up with 100 dead cops", and thankfully that turned out to be foreshadowing.
i ask for a good seitan fried chicken recipe, saying that i've done fried tofu and its good but i don't think seitan is suitable, and in return i get a bunch of fried tofu recipes. i'm deleting this thread, forum, website, planet,

e:

jansenist_drugstore posted:

this video recommends the Correct kind of tofu tho. small mercies in these bleak fucking times.

okay il make some fuckin seitan and tell u if if/when it works out right, i got the next couple days off and the weather's gonna suck anyway
im watching this British comedy called “fleabag” which was marketed as “the female peep show” but is far better realized. i don’t know how good or representative a critique of anything it is. the main character desperately seeks the emotional intimacy she lacks due to losing the few things in her life she did not find ridiculous and contemptible, by compulsively seeking bad sex with people she finds ridiculous and contemptible as this is the most authentic way to become close with strangers. relatable as this may appear i have no sympathy cos most people in this position are also ugly, cry me a river. uh, late capitalism or something

Edited by littlegreenpills ()

ialdabaoth posted:

okay il make some fuckin seitan and tell u if if/when it works out right, i got the next couple days off and the weather's gonna suck anyway

wait, what i meant to say here was fuxk you there is a whole internet full of recipes and if that don't work for u come to nashville & ill take you to a vegan hot chik'n restaurant that only serves seitan