Where we talk about agency (no not THAT agency) filled moments in the general march towards freedom around the world.
Love the non-violent, decentralized, popular empowerment when the military demands a head of state step down, gets what it wants, then comes in to enforce the new status quo.

Edited by RedMaistre ()

Military intervention in politics is good as long as it’s on the correct side
That post gave me an image of the joint chiefs of staff arguing over how best to implement maoism in amerikkka.
la chinoise but with better uniforms and more medals

RedMaistre posted:

Love the non-violent, decentralized, popular empowerment when the military demands a head of state step down, gets what it wants, then comes in to enforce the new status quo.

me too, let's do this

you won't believe it's not a coup!

and that coup was Albert Einstein
well theres definitely a lot of german names anyway
The boys from bolivia
we already have like four threads for this, and I welcome another one
yeah theres definitely too many threads, made by rhizzone posters, about this topic, latin american coups, our bad.

cars posted:

we already have like four threads for this, and I welcome another one

didn't you read the thread title. this is totally not a thread about coups

According to my calculations there are 2 too many coup threads, with a 95% confidence interval of -2 too many coup threads and 6 too many coup threads
chill out, dickwads

cars posted:

chill out, dickwads

Too many dickwads itt

They're already starting massacres and it's obscene. I hope the resistance to the coup is successful. I wish I knew how to help.

[account deactivated]

"Sisters and brothers: the will of the people has been imposed. There has been a resounding victory for the MAS-IPSP. Our political movement will have a majority in both houses. We have returned millions, now we are going to restore dignity and freedom to the people."

[account deactivated]