https://www.apnews.com/720807d38cd841f6950eb7f24bc3fc9b posted:

Brazil has rejected a Group of Seven offer of international aid to fight Amazon wildfires, and French President Emmanuel Macron is shrugging off the snub.

Macron put the Amazon fires high on the agenda of the G-7 summit in France, where world powers pledged this week some $40 million to fight the fires and plant new trees because of the Amazon’s importance to the global climate.

Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro accused France and other rich countries of treating the region like a “colony.”

Macron said in a speech Tuesday that Bolsonaro’s interpretation is a “mistake.

He said the money isn’t just aimed at Brazil but at nine countries in the Amazon region, including Colombia and Bolivia. France too considers itself an Amazon country via its overseas region of French Guiana.

aaahahahaha

We don't see your region as a colony. In fact we're part of it, through our overseas territory
So glad that there is absolutely nothing going on in Britain so that the BBC has the free time to squeeze out a long form article about "The Men Who Feel Left Out US Abortion Debate," which is about exactly who and what you think it's about, the white male spellcasters who have always defined everything about the US abortion "debate"
http://www.mangalmedia.net/english//is-genocide-denial-anti-imperialist-now-how-tankies-are-taking-over-leftbook-and-the-london-student-scene
Every morning I look forward to the garbage platter of insipid thinkpieces Firefox serves me up from its "Pocket" function, and each day it gets harder to discern reality from parody.

Top. Child.

Veronica Smythe begins her day with the calculated precision expected of a high-powered professional. She gets up at the crack of dawn and takes a 45 minute bubble bath using no-tears shampoo. She cries anyways. She picks out her daytrip onesie: big meeting today, better go with the one that reads "My Daddy can beat up your Daddy," show them who wears the pants. Well. The onesie. She yells and pouts at no one in particular as she brushes her hair. For breakfast it is the same routine as always: she eats one quarter of a Mickey Mouse-shaped pancake, throws it away, then eats one quarter of another and throws that one away too. She guzzles down her sippy cup full of chocolate milk and takes two Flintstone vitamins (she spits out the first one.) She "laces up" the velcro of her colorful Elsa sneakers, special ordered from Disney Land to fit her size 10 feet. She's a modern businesswoman, been doing this for 38 years goddamnit, too much self respect to mutilate her toes wearing undersized shoes. All right. Go time. It wasn't easy getting here but everyone knows she's the best in this business. On her way in to the firm she allows herself a small satisfied smirk as she passes the framed Forbes Magazine cover featuring her. She's the Top Child.
There's an idea of a Veronica Smythe, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real she. Only an entity, something illusory. And although she can hide her cold gaze and you can shake her hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense your lifestyles are probably comparable, she simply is not there.
A Literal Top Child.
[account deactivated]
pretty sure that's one of those things where someone passes off their fetish as a think piece or a letter to an advice columnist or whatever.
timely
Can't wait to read some rock hard political analysis by the seminal John Glans
play it again, my Johnny (Glans)

…………………...„„-~^^~„-„„_
………………„-^*'' : : „'' : : : : *-„
…………..„-* : : :„„--/ : : : : : : : '\
…………./ : : „-* . .| : : : : : : : : '|
……….../ : „-* . . . | : : : : : : : : |
………...\„-* . . . . .| : : : : : : : :'|
……….../ . . . . . . '| : : : : : : : :|
……..../ . . . . . . . .'\ : : : : : : : |
……../ . . . . . . . . . .\ : : : : : : :|
……./ . . . . . . . . . . . '\ : : : : : /
….../ . . . . . . . . . . . . . *-„„„„-*'
….'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . '|
…/ . . . . . . . ./ . . . . . . .|
../ . . . . . . . .'/ . . . . . . .'|
./ . . . . . . . . / . . . . . . .'|
'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .'|
'| . . . . . \ . . . . . . . . . .|
'| . . . . . . \„_^- „ . . . . .'|
'| . . . . . . . . .'\ .\ ./ '/ . |
| .\ . . . . . . . . . \ .'' / . '|
| . . . . . . . . . . / .'/ . . .|
| . . . . . . .| . . / ./ ./ . .|

why liberate the planet from a mass extinction event when instead we could just adapt to survive as subhuman cockroach creatures in a ruined hellscape
zizek_eating_garbage.gif
Zizek is the george costanza of communists.
The one near crisis that happened while I was at the RCP bookstore was when I pulled out a copy of "Marxism and the Call of the Future: Conversations on Ethics, History, and Politics" by Bob Avakian and Bill Martin with an introduction by George Costanza.

This was in the middle of a very pleasant chat with my companion and the RCP member who worked there, and I said, "George Constanza?" I was innocently curious. Seems odd that George Constanza would write a foreward for an Avakian book. But it went over like I had let out a big fart, and an awkward silence settled over the room -- no one wanted to be the first to say anything about George Constanza writing a foreward to this book -- until our little troika quickly murmered / concurred that George Constanza was no good, but the RCP member said that regardless, it is a good book. And I said, yeah it looks interesting.

[account deactivated]
that is a truly remarkable article fuck
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/10/opinion/venezuela-france.html the very first sentence lmao

When I first met Isadora Zubillaga in New York some 20 years ago, she was a young venture capitalist investing in Latin American start-ups, and I was an equally young reporter covering Latin America.

love to write op-eds in the nyt to further the political agendas of my rich friends
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-10-12/kim-jong-un-may-be-hiding-a-hog-apocalypse-from-the-world?__twitter_impression=true
WHAT COULD THEY BE HIDING?
a hog apocalypse from the world
thoughts & prayers for the brave defector pigs who brought this story out of the hermit kingdom
honk kong - bolivia twofer with joker makeup

https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/opinion-pope-francis-says-capitalism-causes-hunger-this-isnt-the-first-time-hes-been-wrong-on-economics/

Free markets as tyrannical? Voluntary exchange as irrational exploitation? State control as the formula for promoting the common economic good? In the Pope’s world of alternative economics, it seems, up is down, left is right, good is bad, black is white, capitalism creates poverty, and obesity is the cause of starvation.

today in bigot idiots getting paid money to write the stupidest shit imaginable that didn't happen with an atrocious writing style while i slave away in obscurity:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/11/gender-neutral-bathrooms-pointless-wasteful-sexist/

Iwas out for lunch at a Manhattan restaurant with my friend’s daughter, an exceptionally classy seven-year-old.

“Please, may I go to the bathroom by myself?” she asked. “Yes, but no dilly-dallying!” I replied. And off she went. Striding briskly, blonde curls a-bouncing — straight into an “all-gender” restroom.

Oh dear.

As she entered this unlocked (lockable) room, three little boys were — now in full view — urinating round one toilet. Perturbed, if not alarmed, my young friend immediately burst back out, gave me a big wave, as if to say “oops” and “don’t worry!” She turned on her heel, disappearing around the corner. A moment passed. One by one, the heads of three naughty little boys popped out. Scheming and snickering, with catlike tread, they traced my wee pal’s route.

Terrifying and immediate was my arrival on the scene, scattering the would-be tormentors.

“Those boys were trying to peek on me!” she said. “I only peeked on them by accident!” Little boys are little savages, I told her gently, adding that very few improve with age. More importantly, I explained that gender-neutral bathrooms were only recently invented. And, evidently, by some very careless and wasteful people who don’t mind sacrificing the privacy, hygiene, and camaraderie of the female toilet experience.

lmao what?? ahahahaaa

three little boys were — now in full view — urinating round one toilet. Perturbed, if not alarmed,

If seven year old girl had gun this no happen.
Those savage little boys in that fake story? Yeah, this is them NOW:

[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

a girl hitler

“Yes, but no dilly-dallying!” I replied. And off she went. Striding briskly, blonde curls a-bouncing

The home where Adolf Hitler was born will be turned into a police station, Austrian officials announced Wednesday, putting an end to a years-long debate over what to do with it.

"The future use of the house by the police should set an unmistakable sign that this building is permanently removed from memory of Nazism," Austrian Minister of the Interior Wolfgang Peschorn said

[account deactivated]

jansenist_drugstore posted:

If US is about to collapse that’s fine then.