time to crunch this cheeto, imo

Not sure about the new TISM rebrand
always nice to see cops having hobbies outside of the office
i'm just out of frame, reading a speech explaining they're in fact dogmato-revisionists by adhering to the 1980s version of ortho-gonzalo thought without recognizing the fundamental changes undertaken in the 1990s by sendero luminoso to account for the real failures and theoretical shortcomings in the original approach, thereby proving they are objectively revisionist via sheer dogmatism

checkmate
Getting some very basque national liberation movement vibes from some of the red faces
after demonstrating my superior awareness of dialectical materialism, rooted in the material nature of the universe and allowing me to operate at a higher state of consciousness, the leader of the gang will be so overcome by their idealism that they'll rush me -- but this is sheer utopianism, as i will parry their blows at rapid speed like neo at the end of the matrix... quantitative changes becoming qualitative changes... before finally somersaulting into their body and shattering it into tiny pieces
rip anime trotsky

toyotathon posted:

yea you're right it functions like a non-binding vote of no confidence until it's kicked upstairs. i think i've read more of the code of umoja than the US constitution so i appreciate it and fixed the post

i’m sorry i even know that stuff

Bougie Californians and troops have invaded my state. We need interstate visas and a wall all around my state.
every time i hear about the corporate bond market i have a mini heart attack
meanwhile

The Federal Reserve surprised some traders on Wednesday by saying it would increase the amount of money it is injecting into overnight lending markets, seeking to avoid a repeat of the cash crunch that sent short-term borrowing rates soaring in September.

Beginning on Thursday, the Fed will increase the size of its overnight operations for the repurchase or “repo” market, where banks and investors borrow cash in exchange for Treasuries and other high quality collateral.

The markets arm of the US central bank said it would raise the limit on the amount of cash it will lend into the market to at least $120bn, up from the $75bn it had previously agreed to supply on a daily basis.

It also said it would boost the amount it lends in the slightly longer-term, two-week repo market to at least $45bn, to cover any cash needs over the end of the month. Previously, the Fed was offering $35bn.
The move comes two weeks after the central bank announced it would buy $60bn of short-term Treasury bills each month between now and the second quarter of next year, in order to restore the amount of reserves banks hold at the Fed to a level high enough to keep borrowing costs within its target range. To date the Fed has purchased roughly $30bn.

trakfactri posted:

I'll definitely vote for them.

waiting for the swampman endorsement
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

what's up with ppl using "folks" after another word meaning lower status... did obama do this... it's never 'banker folks' or 'lawyer folks'... is this the new "unnecessary reflex apology made to lower status ppl, when crossing their personal space bubbles"... maybe i'm just hearing things

that's not how i've seen it used locally, though i wouldn't be surprised if the vultures started using it to pretend at friendly familiarity. regional convention might have something to do with it too i guess, i can see it having a far different context in the southern states. will have to think about that. i almost always hear it used from an insider context, one of intimacy, not to describe an outgroup. around here as far as i can tell it emerged from the queer and PoC communities as a reaction to finding the language they kept being prescribed for self-description to be too jargony and academic.

do you have some examples, like are fuckers using it in WaPo articles or something now? i'm interested.

It caught on with urban petty bourgeois whites on Twitter for reasons you already know

toyotathon posted:

what's up with ppl using "folks" after another word meaning lower status... did obama do this... it's never 'banker folks' or 'lawyer folks'... is this the new "unnecessary reflex apology made to lower status ppl, when crossing their personal space bubbles"... maybe i'm just hearing things

tbf its 'banker fucks' and 'lawyer fucks' instead

marlax78 posted:

It caught on with urban petty bourgeois whites on Twitter for reasons you already know

oh, of course, duh. welp,

folk = volk, and that’s all u Need to know,, next
urban petty bourg usage of folks is cultural appropriation from folksy folks
Folx Gemeinschaft
Turning the masses into a volk: What unites the Resistance and Trump as they twirl upwards and upwards into the heights of authenticity politics for their respective audiences.
[account deactivated]
i use folks because everyone says folks and i'm going to keep using it because fuck you.
rip.
[account deactivated]