winebaby posted:

Ironically, the chapo subreddit was quarantined earlier this week. What that means? I pray I never learn enough about reddit to find out.

I don't know the approximate cause but it was probably posting eat the rich or guillotine jokes or something like that. "Advocating violence." Eh, well. That's the problem with hitching your cart to a website owned by the descendents of the Newhouse family and run by the CIA. I prefer tHE rHizzonE. It's also run by the CIA but there's less bullshit about it.

Edited by trakfactri ()

I, too, prefer a site run by the people who patronize it. It's essentially self-governance.
tHE rHizzonE is the carpet cleaner cult of internet communities.

winebaby posted:

I, too, prefer a site run by the people who patronize it. It's essentially self-governance.

i dunno sounds a little patronizing to me

goondolences to Guyovich for losing his gig on the SA forums

you are always welcome here, comrade

Synergy posted:

goondolences to Guyovich for losing his gig on the SA forums

you are always welcome here, comrade

i learned firsthand that reformism doesn't work. which i already knew, but, y'know. whatever.

Guyovich, thank you for your service
lol what happened
posted in grey forums, never do this

aerdil posted:

lol what happened

somebody started a QCS thread complaining that he was ruining the bernie thread by not being pro-bernie enough, then a bunch of people started digging for "controversial" posts, like being skeptical of western framing of China or dispelling the holodomor myth. idk if he was forced to resign or whatever, i gave up reading it after it descended into a cesspool of "genocide denier" posts.

Pretty much all decisionmaking in D&D is made by the lawyer clique that hangs out in the official D&D discord channel. More than once they've demanded that another mod there go and ban someone with opinions that they don't like.

Synergy posted:

aerdil posted:

lol what happened

somebody started a QCS thread complaining that he was ruining the bernie thread by not being pro-bernie enough, then a bunch of people started digging for "controversial" posts, like being skeptical of western framing of China or dispelling the holodomor myth. idk if he was forced to resign or whatever, i gave up reading it after it descended into a cesspool of "genocide denier" posts.

the really important part of this is it was the same group of a half dozen or so people that whined about me in every qcs d&d thread. so when the feeding frenzy started, no one came to my defense and a former admin threw me under the bus that was basically the last straw. my last post in there wasn't bullshit, i really was gonna leave at the end of the year anyway because sa is a deeply reactionary place (even though people who've been banned call it a "communist hugbox" or whatever lol) and there's no fixing it. i just threw up my hands and said "fuck it" a little sooner than expected.

Guyovich posted:

the really important part of this is it was the same group of a half dozen or so people that whined about me in every qcs d&d thread. so when the feeding frenzy started, no one came to my defense and a former admin threw me under the bus that was basically the last straw. my last post in there wasn't bullshit, i really was gonna leave at the end of the year anyway because sa is a deeply reactionary place (even though people who've been banned call it a "communist hugbox" or whatever lol) and there's no fixing it. i just threw up my hands and said "fuck it" a little sooner than expected.

you shouldnt be surprised that liberals treat the cops like their own personal customer service agents

tell them cars from the rhizzone said they are a bunch of dim bulbs!!

this is me in my posting treehouse getting instructions from the rhizzone on what to post on the forums
but as per our protocol given the sensitivity of the operation, please transmit in code, which you can reference in the codebook which should have been provided to you. for example, instead of saying "regards" or "good luck" at the end of a message, use the phrase "low prices." thank you, and low prices.
read that qcs thread and i always forget what idiot centrist shills the average goon is lmao. the slightest heterodoxy from what they learned in highschool american history class or read in a nyt op-ed is the deepest insanity
Guyovich probated me once for going on an off topic rant about how much i hate liberals.
post screnshots of goon posts. wanna see some goon post screrns
i joined rhizzone before i joined SA, genuinely didnt know this place came from that place, have slowly been catching up on several years of niche online history. also i found this place via twitter, so i have made all yous guys journeys in reverse. probably i am hopelessly broken on some fundamental level
i found the rhizzone deep into a whiskey bender, looking for a forum about drinking irresponsibly and it’s effects on ones politics.
i was forced onto the rhizzone by court order; i'm not allowed to post or read anywhere else
[account deactivated]
smoke up the weed
[account deactivated]
At first i was sent to shit post on behalf of the skull and boners but now i'm okay with communism its like gay star trek.
I also lurked LF way back so I knew about this place for awhile but I mainly came for Petrol's KKKonspiracy Library and old effort posts. There are, like, really insightful posts that are like a decade old and stuff -- can't say that about many forums!

And

ghostpinballer posted:

probably i am hopelessly broken on some fundamental level

my shiity contributions to lf amounted to little more than lurking. or maybe a little less
lol at the privileged first worlders who had ten dollars to pay for a forums acc

cars posted:

*kicks end of pipe until raw sewage starts spilling out*

cars posted:

yeah, before the evil communists took over, when there was the genocidal guomindang, a bunch of war lords, and a royal family. can't forget the colonial governments either -- my favorite chinese government has got to be the japanese one. the good ole days, when people had the freedom to die at the ripe age of 40

proceduraldialectics posted:

Guyovich probated me once for going on an off topic rant about how much i hate liberals.

*pretending to know what you're talking about* yeah and i'd do it again too!!!!

anyway here's what you're missing from sa's "new lf":

I would rather fucking end my own life than pretend that Bernie Sanders will not be the fucking President of the United States, which Bernie Sanders will be. Bernie is devoted. I am devoted. Millions of his followers are devoted, and the spirit of Eugene Fucking Debs is devoted to putting this man in the fucking White House.

So this is how democracy dies

Synergy posted:

cars posted:

*kicks end of pipe until raw sewage starts spilling out*

listen pal until you've mastered the microsoft office suite you are a fucking fake communist and you'd better believe i'll be including that fact in your pre-written 20-page denunciation i keep in a file cabinet with other 20-page denunciations

Guyovich posted:

I would rather fucking end my own life than pretend that Bernie Sanders will not be the fucking President of the United States, which Bernie Sanders will be. Bernie is devoted. I am devoted. Millions of his followers are devoted, and the spirit of Eugene Fucking Debs is devoted to putting this man in the fucking White House.

lol

Guyovich posted:

listen pal until you've mastered the microsoft office suite you are a fucking fake communist and you'd better believe i'll be including that fact in your pre-written 20-page denunciation i keep in a file cabinet with other 20-page denunciations

EXTREMELY ONLINE GUY: this guy is too online, he doesn't know how to uh *looking around frantically* keep the people on the spreadsheet, which I uh I do that, and also um uh, *flop sweat spatters monitor* ...i form unions a lot, know how to form a union, this guy, he probably,

Guyovich posted:

i gotta say im not a big fan of this mishima reboot, it just doesn't have the same force as the original

bernie: a life in four chapters