Welp,
wow, just wow

Lmao the founder of jacobin mag
2 percent huh?

karphead posted:

wow, just wow

Electronic old men, trying to fuck children.

dimashq posted:

Lmao the founder of jacobin mag

Well... consider the proportion of rapists he probably has on payroll... he doesn’t want morale to take a hit

cars posted:

Some funny Washington Mafia shit happened today when the top U.S. spook, recently fired and on the way out the door, interrupted a meeting held by his second-in-command and demanded that she quit and leave along with him. She was otherwise possibly going to inherit her boss's old job for 69 seconds until Trump installed his own guy. To resign, the second-in-command spook wrote a letter to the president but submitted it to the vice president's office, who weren't expecting to receive it and paid no attention to it, a master troll which successfully confused every single person in government and the media for hours as to who currently held which top-level position in the United States.

I wonder if Coats told Gordon, “Epstein’s gonna rat on Trump, better make Pence aware we know who’s in charge now”

We all know Gordon doesn’t like Trump and Trump doesn’t like Gordon, but considering how likely Gordon was to hold the top spot in the entire U.S. spook apparatus for a few do-nothing days at least, it’s surprising that Gordon would pass up having “Director of National Intelligence” on her resume on a whim because Coats ran into a meeting room and said, “You have to resign right the fuck now, this very second, for uh no reason, also everyone in your office knows you work for the president but why don’t you have them mysteriously submit your resignation letter to Pence’s office instead, as though you and I somehow think he’s the president now?”

Like, okay, Gordon’s going to resign... why does Coats interrupt a meeting like it’s an emergency, and why does Gordon conclude from that conversation that she needs to drop everything and write and submit her resignation letter now now now, and then she or her people execute her resignation in a bizarre, almost inexplicable way? Even the Washington news press looked at it and said, This is unheard of, we’ve never seen anything like this chain of events before.

So this is all extremely weird-looking, and then the guy who could potentially testify that the President is a child rapist dies by “suicide”, while under “suicide watch” where he’s left alone for thirty minutes at a time, in a cell with video monitoring equipment that supposedly wasn’t being used...
look, mister tin foil hat, according to the latest news reports, he actually wasn't on suicide watch anymore, so there's nothing to see here. next you'll be telling me jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams!!!!
It is this professional’s opinion that Mr. Epstein is no longer at risk of self-harm through mob-connected ex-cops. Also recommend we turn off all the cameras in and around his cell for the epic win.
massive stock market crash in Argentina, 2 year vis a vis 10 year treasury inverts, 30 year treasury at record low, Dow down 600 and NASDAQ down 200 points today, German economy contracting, mortgage debt now higher than its 2008 peak, banks other than Deutsche Bank laying people off, and for what its worth I've seen 2 chains go out of business in da mall. Meanwhile China sees that US importers and consumers can't stomach any more tariffs despite Trump's threats to go hard on them if they don't reach a deal until he's re-elected. Things are going to get interesting
unfortunately it appears like facebook and google murdered all the journalists and algorithms killed the traders so we may be denied our rightful LF tradition of the thread of pictures of stock traders looking suicidal
Wonder who they'll drop a cold trillion on this time.
goonspeed to the global economy as it marches to its demise
Lol im going to die when drug prices skyrocket even further. Sieg Heil to death.
One thing that kind of confused me was where was all this investment in 10 year bonds coming from if there's no proportional fall in the stock market. I think the answer is obvious now: it's the capital flight from Emerging Markets. And, just like in the Asian Crisis of 97, it could delay the recession in Amerikkka until after the election (it would offset inflation from a reduction in the federal funds rate too!). What are we thinking?
My theory is that bonds are the only place left for the rich to stash all the enormous piles of cash they have after the tax cuts. And when this crash happens it'll make the last one look fun. Trumps tax cut has the government running almost completely on debt, and interest rates are still low historically. So there's really no opportunity for any kind of stimulus once it happens, a few more banks and some big non-weapons companies are probably gonna die, so 10 year bonds are probably not an unreasonable bet. After a point share buybacks are just concentrating risk, so the smart thing to diversify is the investment which cannot, by law, lose any money. By holding bonds now they gain leverage when the only thing the geniuses have to offer is austerity because the US will always value repaying loans to the wealthy over providing for the public in times of extreme crisis.

MarxUltor posted:

My theory is that bonds are the only place left for the rich to stash all the enormous piles of cash they have after the tax cuts. And when this crash happens it'll make the last one look fun. Trumps tax cut has the government running almost completely on debt, and interest rates are still low historically. So there's really no opportunity for any kind of stimulus once it happens, a few more banks and some big non-weapons companies are probably gonna die, so 10 year bonds are probably not an unreasonable bet. After a point share buybacks are just concentrating risk, so the smart thing to diversify is the investment which cannot, by law, lose any money. By holding bonds now they gain leverage when the only thing the geniuses have to offer is austerity because the US will always value repaying loans to the wealthy over providing for the public in times of extreme crisis.

I think this is probably right.

The usual mode of the Federal Reserve during the last half-century of Republican presidencies is as follows

That's the federal funds rate, with the years a Republican's in the White House in red and the years a Democrat's in office in blue. You'll notice a trend, or really, a couple trends.

But with the way things are going policy-wise, plus the knee-jerk social biases of a lot of big investment house leadership regarding a guy like Trump who's one of them but not one of them, the bourgeoisie are socking away their tax cuts—and likely their savings from a substantial number of new or old, but currently low-risk, tax dodges—into the investment vehicle closest to the caravan's armed guards. That is, they're moving from their previously favored buybacks into the one investment that's always directly, nakedly, guaranteed-and-no-doubt-about-it backed up around the globe by the overwhelming destructive force available to the United States federal government through its gangs, thugs, satraps and janissaries. They wouldn't put it that way, but there it is.

Does this mean its a good time for me to open a new business
I haven't studied it that closely but I think the trade war is attempt to counteract for the falling rate of corporate profitability. I can't remember if I've made this analogy but I'm thinking the economy is a goose that lays the golden eggs but then it stops laying so many eggs, so the farmer in a fit of range opts to hoard the remaining eggs while strangling the goose to death. To put it another way it's a contradiction between the base and superstructure with the objective prerogatives of the base now contradicting the superstructural prizes of dominance.

Michael Roberts had a post the other day that monetary and fiscal stimulus isn't going to work after the next crash (and haven't worked) so the "zombie" firms that have been floated with debt since 2008 are going to go bankrupt.
Democrat wastrel Bernard Sanders withdrew from the campaign for United $nakkke$ President today when he declared class war against the bourgeoisie on Twitter, looked around floppily, screamed, “Fine, I’ll get things started,” and immediately stabbed himself through the heart with that giant sword Maduro gave to Ben Norton. Medical examiners declared him dead at the scene from “the absolute most Fail AIDS, just an abandoned thermos of a man and Fail AIDS are the week-old coffee.”
[account deactivated]

Trump brags about the ‘wall of money’ now flowing into the US from abroad–from Europe, Asia, emerging market economies–as the global economy slides into recession there faster than in the US. He thinks that is great news for the US economy. But it’s quite the opposite.

Trump’s trade war, his provoking of a global currency war, his monetary policy of forcing the Fed to lower rates all exacerbate the Wall of Money inflow to the US which hastens the decline of the global economy.

Behind the Wall of Money inflow is $17 trillion in negative interest rates in Europe and Japan that is driving money out of those economies and into US Treasuries as a ‘safe haven’, causing a rise in the dollar relative to other currencies and causing currencies worldwide outside the US to fall in turn. As other currencies fall, capital flight from their economies (Europe, Latin America, Asia) sends still more dollars to the US–driving the dollar higher still. A vicious cycle ensues: declining currencies leads to more capital flight, to more demand for US$, to rising dollar value, to further decline in other currencies, etc. Investment collapses and recessions deepen further outside the US.

US Multinational corporations doing business in other countries see their profits rapidly eroding in those economies, as the currencies in the countries in which they’re doing business collapse. They then rush to convert their Pesos, Euros, Rupees, etc. into dollars as quickly as possible and repatriate their offshore profits back to the US. The result: the US$ rises still more.

Trump’s trade war has a similar negative compounding effect as negative rates offshore, capital flight, and multinational corporation repatriation: Today’s slowing global economy (already in a manufacturing recession everywhere including the US) is largely driven by business investment contracting in the face of uncertainty due to Trump’s trade war. That uncertainty and declining investment leads to central banks worldwide reducing their interest rates in a desperate effort to stimulate their economies, which is now happening. But lower interest rates in Europe, Emerging markets, etc. has the negative effect of depressing the value of their currencies still further–leading to even more capital flight to the US, buying up more US Treasuries, and driving up the US $ even more. In other words, Trump’s trade war is also driving the Wall of Money to grow further.

But the Wall of Money is a symptom and represents the global economy outside the US sliding deeper into recessions–a global economic decline that is now spilling over to the US economy.

What’s Trump’s solution? Trump browbeats the Federal Reserve to get Powell, its chair, to lower rates, in the hope lower rates will discourage capital inflow to the US (i.e. the Wall) and thus slow the rise of the dollar. But global recession and the ‘wall of money’ now more than offset any Fed rate cuts effect on the US$. Meanwhile, Trump’s monetary policy (lower interest rates) accelerates the wall of money inflow further by forcing the central banks of other economies to lower their rates still further.

Trump policies have also set off a global currency war, which is about to intensify as he targets China’s Yuan-Reminbi. China is already responding by allowing the Yuan to slowly devalue to offset Trump’s tariffs on China exports. Devaluation of the Yuan forces other economies to devalue their currencies further, as their central banks lower their interest rates further, in Europe and Japan that means even deeper negative rates and more capital flight to US Treasuries and an even higher US$.

In short, Trump’s trade war, his provoking of a global currency war, his monetary policy of forcing the Fed to lower rates all exacerbate the Wall of Money inflow to the US and hasten the decline of the global economy.

Trump has not only clearly now lost control of trade negotiations with China. He has lost control of US monetary policy with the Fed that now refuses to be stampeded, he has lost control of any stabilization of the US dollar, and he has accelerated forces that are driving the global economy into recession.

And it’s only a matter of time–a short time–before it’s also clear he’s lost control of the US economy as well.

https://jackrasmus.com/2019/08/24/trumps-other-wall/

RE what we were just discussing

Bookmarked that blog and thank you fellow goonsir
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/09/02/businesses-should-spread-risks-amid-us-china-tariffs.html

Something something a dialectic of globalization and de-globalization
A lot of silly shit going on in the US not worth discussing whatsoever, back to the vidego thread and also the hogwarts thread

https://www.nashvillescene.com/news/pith-in-the-wind/article/21091593/ice-sought-student-records-from-a-nashville-elementary-school

Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents showed up at a Nashville elementary school last month asking for student records.

im half expecting to hear the ice fucks involved include this guy

https://itsgoingdown.org/the-disturbing-history-of-bradley-epley-an-ice-agent-involved-in-the-shooting-of-an-undocumented-man-in-tennessee/

of recent fame for opening fire in a grocery store parking lot on an unarmed man in broad daylight, who also has taken to arresting his victims at the offices of reputable immigration lawyers as well as inside courthouses under false pretenses

the PG&E power outage is giving me flashbacks to my data entry job years ago, when we were contracted by PG&E to help tag hydroelectric documents going back decades. most of the documents were relevant, but some random stuff got mixed in unavoidably. one memorable one was an internal memo talking about easement rights with a property owner which concluded with the recommendation that they just not pay the property owner, because what was he gonna do about it. another memorable one was an email sent by a manager to about half-a-dozen other higher-ups that was a racist joke about black people stealing wiring, whose punchline was an actual gory photograph of a black man who had been electrocuted to death by a power line
[account deactivated]
this letter has reaffirmed my faith that donald trump will be a two term president
Looking froward to the year 8 thread.

Populares posted:

hey lads, i'm over at the amazon-trump fulfillment camp #1488 and snagged a few minutes on the Tweet Terminal since its my turn this shift, good thing the dumb guards dont know what a VPN is

impeachment doesn’t require 2/3 senate vote, two United $naKKKe$ presidents have been impeached, neither were removed from office by the senate
[account deactivated]
my legal expertise is mostly centered in the code of ur-nammu, but as i understand the precedent, trump must undergo ordeal by water. if he is found innocent by proof of survival, the democratic caucus must reimburse him in silver

Populares posted:

wouldn;t it be year 7. if we're keeping the current naming convention i mean

there are decades where nothing happens, and there are years where two or three years happen