these things are happening all the time and people are posting about them all the time. the point is that it will never "go viral" without being a psyop because social media is no less a tool of western propaganda than traditional media (indeed, "going viral" seems to simply mean being acknowledged and signal-boosted by traditional media).

none of that is to say you shouldn't care about the actual arson and genocide. unfortunately we've collectively suffered the trauma of irony poisoning so now it's difficult to talk about this stuff without being snarky lest one come off as too earnest, and that in turn makes one's stance come off as entirely cynical. all i'm cynical about here is bougie motives behind suddenly caring about an issue usually studiously ignored.
[account deactivated]

Petrol posted:

these things are happening all the time and people are posting about them all the time. the point is that it will never "go viral" without being a psyop because social media is no less a tool of western propaganda than traditional media (indeed, "going viral" seems to simply mean being acknowledged and signal-boosted by traditional media).

none of that is to say you shouldn't care about the actual arson and genocide. unfortunately we've collectively suffered the trauma of irony poisoning so now it's difficult to talk about this stuff without being snarky lest one come off as too earnest, and that in turn makes one's stance come off as entirely cynical. all i'm cynical about here is bougie motives behind suddenly caring about an issue usually studiously ignored.

Im honestly sort of shocked to see this sort of reactionary nihilism from you. I would have thought it would be obvious but just because some bourg pretends to care about some cause doesnt mean its all crisis actors playing a show that only you are so extra special smart to be able to pierce with your nihilovision. Just pointing out that bourg are taking note of some carastrophe that they caused doesnt mean anything. Taking notice of the catastrophes they create is a given, and doesnt diminish the scale and scope of the devastation or the plight of the victims. Flint was in the news for maybe six months for not having water so i guess it must be a town staffed entirely by cia? I mean it was in the news and nothing gets in the news without cia approval. Are they still there, in deep cover, years after it fell out of the news and the situation is starting to recover? Or were there people in danger of poisoning, essentially paying a premium to stay alive, who were callously used as props by whoever found it convenient?

Its all the more absurd since you cant even proffer a motive beyond some kind of vague publicity stunt! Qui bono? Beyond the obvious, the ranchers who want land and the flacks who are blaming bolivia? These are both pretty straightforward!

Edited by Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia ()

Edited by Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia ()

Populares posted:

The wrong amazon is on fire.

no fire needed, we just need to help Jeff Bezos liberate the organization, easy the burden off his shoulders if you will

[account deactivated]
keep your mass debating talks somewhere else
i looked at Twitter today and the galaxy brain "Finance news is where all the secret truths are hidden, it's where powerful people say things they don't want you to know, watch CNBC and read Money magazine and learn the hidden facts of Earth's philosopher kings" has finally conquered all of DSA discourse, and now I believe in horseshoe theory but the horseshoe is one of those miniature art pieces from Japan that gets placed with tweezers and it connects "Bernard Sanders voter" with "extremely divorced guy at bottom level of mega-supplement-sales pyramid scheme"
what fools, anyone with half a brain knows that in order to uncover the secret truths of the world you must either engage in gyromancy or observe the ripples in water
Child you're still getting your information from the "Financial Times"? The St. Louis FRED has the real secrets of the universe, 110% esoteric
If anyone wants a WSJ or FT account PM me
Ironically the Motley Fool is no fool at all but a friend who lets you know all the billion dollar secrets! They let you know what they’re really doing up there in the office besides coke and little kids! Get in deep based on big investment houses’ complete & accurate representations of their own strategies and positions to some dick cheese you read on a web site, he’s going long on it too! Man... this jester looking asshole has some quick... fuckin... picks!!
Leave it to DSA people to assume the most fawning, corrupt, easy-to-manipulate corner of the news media, the one corner of the news media whose manipulation by the people it covers promises the most direct and immediate gain for everyone involved except the reader, the one corner of the news media that everyone in it and covered by it assumes out of hand to be a means for themselves and their peers to make money by duping their counterparts about what’s happening and what’s going to happen and convincing enough of the smaller fish to gamble they can get in when the con revs up and get out before it falls apart... to assume that corner of all places is where you’re going to find the realest shit about how the world’s run. Because it will make them look clever to other DSA people. You see, you don’t do something, and I do? *prepares to slam salad fork into eye* You’d never guess how much you can learn from this
I bet they read between the lines though and figure out the real truth that way. Damn the people behind all that bullshit should have thought of that because it’s the strategy that literally every single person who reads finance news claims as their own. Big fucking goof up there, they’d better cancel the whole thing

cars posted:

Leave it to DSA people to assume the most fawning, corrupt, easy-to-manipulate corner of the news media, the one corner of the news media whose manipulation by the people it covers promises the most direct and immediate gain for everyone involved except the reader, the one corner of the news media that everyone in it and covered by it assumes out of hand to be a means for themselves and their peers to make money by duping their counterparts about what’s happening and what’s going to happen and convincing enough of the smaller fish to gamble they can get in when the con revs up and get out before it falls apart... to assume that corner of all places is where you’re going to find the realest shit about how the world’s run. Because it will make them look clever to other DSA people. You see, you don’t do something, and I do? *prepares to slam salad fork into eye* You’d never guess how much you can learn from this

it shouldn't surprise anyone that the origin of this nutso line of thinking is an amber frost column

i used to read barron's because i believed that line way back when and it is the most boring anodyne shit of all time. i can only imagine some beardo guy in flannel snagging one in the airport and thinking he's found the rosetta stone
i feel like it’s naked class insecurity, like DSA has to be at least 50% people who are real sad around 2 am that they don’t have a job at a Bloomberg terminal. FOMO
*Nature doc voice*

While many DSA reach the "But I can, like, change things from the inside, man" stage, many perish as Trots along the way, with only a lucky few fully metamorphosing into Jim Cramers.
the only financial site that i go to semi-regularly is SeekingAlpha because it's really just some weird blogging site for financial spooks and you can DM them and talk shit. most of it is the typical reports about market volatility but you get some good ones like "Montana Skeptic" who turned out to be a 60 year old with a J.D. from yale working for an oil company that would frequently troll Elon Musk until he sent a cease and desist to SeekingAlpha.
folks you don’t need to confess and try to justify why you read finance news... I’m just saying that it’s even more made-up bullshit than State-Department-ghostwritten CNN stories on U.S. wars, and it’s even more laughably obvious how and why it’s intended to delude the reader into thinking they know more for having read it, because it’s designed to make chumps bet big against the house without realizing it, that’s all
when i see a financial news i make a 'pfhbbght' noise and roll my eyes dramatically

cars posted:

folks you don’t need to confess and try to justify why you read finance news... I’m just saying that it’s even more made-up bullshit than State-Department-ghostwritten CNN stories on U.S. wars, and it’s even more laughably obvious how and why it’s intended to delude the reader into thinking they know more for having read it, because it’s designed to make chumps bet big against the house without realizing it, that’s all

I think Marxists can exercise a little critical thinking and not take stock advice from strangers in getting financial news. I mean, I don't know about other people here, but if I pull up financial news it's because I want to read about the latest quarterly earnings reports (of companies I don't own or plan to own stock in), PMI and consumer spending data, IMF world economic outlook reports, Fed decisions and so on. The bourgeoisie do need this stuff accurately reported as a class even where certain individuals have an interest in suppressing it. How that data is subsequently interpreted is another matter

Edited by marlax78 ()

LOLing ITT at the idea that the bourgeoisie get their updates on their portfolios from reading a finance news site
These tea leaves say you should invest in d-pants.

cars posted:

LOLing ITT at the idea that the bourgeoisie get their updates on their portfolios from reading a finance news site

the bourgeoisie consists of millions of people

I think Cars makes a good point. I've indulged in the same thinking myself and it is a little silly. Now to go read the French language press because that's where they really hide the good shit.
I get my financial news from the secret newsletter for capitalists
[account deactivated]
i'm gonna be the first WSJ reporter to say "don't trust whitey" in the finance section and there's nothing this forum can do to stop me.
white settler journal

Sounds like he didn't get the secret newsletter for Capitalists