im gettin real sick of my atomized existence. i emailed someone abt volunteering for setup at the safe injection site next to my work but no one got back to me, I think they sense cop energy coming off of me. a lot of ppl do
that's possible but never underestimate the superficial flakiness of an organization stretched to its limit, especially as it relates to rando volunteer labor that might end up being a total waste of time to do scheduling/training for
this is 100% true and im sure they have enough bodies anyway and probably just need the cops to stop hassling them and $$$. I think I must be earning superexploitation dividend type money and when it comes to that point your best role is actually to be the Best Fart Noise App Developer You Can Be so u can give as much money away as possible to those who deserve it. Comrade M Thatcher was right
i mean if you're enjoying yourself and feeling happy and you don't have to push yourself or suffer you probably aren't making the world a better place. and psychological anguish at being an appendage of the vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity is a comfortable enough form of suffering
yeah im sure they have plenty of bodies
is the 433rd type of liberalism
get off the off-site
[account deactivated]
I got excused from jury duty in a county 3 hours away that I used to live in, but the method in which I did so seemed like a loophole? Not that I lied or anything, but hypothetically, at least in my state, you don't need proof of residency to change your voter registration and court clerks will take that as proof of non-residency if it's in a different county. So if you don't give a shit about voting, I guess its hypothetically possible to just change your voter registration to wherever whenever you get jury duty. This is only possible once per year iirc. Obviously not suggesting trying to get out of your moral duty to actually try to get into a jury to nullify it or whatever, it's just something I noticed.

I'm probably missing something glaringly obvious here.

jansenist_drugstore posted:

tfw u meet a posh young brit who lives in the well-beyond gentrified hipster district in one of the safest cities in europe and he describes it as 'quaint but a bit suspect, innit?'

so how's deadken doing

I'm teaching English in China now. Since I was unable to stop myself from reading twitter, I've moved across the world to force the firewall upon myself. I'm doing much better.

In case anyone ever wondered, the Rhizzone isn't blocked here.
I wish I could read the rhizzone on my phone but it's Too Hot For The UK. Been thinking about putting together a way to read it via a different domain name

drwhat posted:

I wish I could read the rhizzone on my phone but it's Too Hot For The UK.

Alexa, open rhizzone dot net forward slash forum forward slash three

*launch code... activated*

drwhat posted:

I wish I could read the rhizzone on my phone but it's Too Hot For The UK. Been thinking about putting together a way to read it via a different domain name

how about риззоне.
or like. pizzone.ru

why is the rhizzone blocked anywhere
Agreed... This forum doesn’t kill people, people on this forum kill people.
just waiting for petrol to release Capital, vol. IV based on his experiences in the NK
first day in germany there's some sort of festival and i see a guy with a shirt that says Ludlow Fish and Game and im like ich komme aus massachussetts! ludlow ist in mass & he had two very nice dogs and i discovered wurtermberger beer is very good
[account deactivated]
Went to NYC and made a pit stop at the Bob Avakian bookstore while I was there. Crossed that off my bucket list. I did get a copy of the BAsics and the Shanghai Textbook. Actually... a pretty neat place. A lot of Mao. There was of course a big section in the middle for Bob's books, but they also sprinkle his books throughout the rest of the store hoping people will stumble across them while rummaging through the other sections, which I thought was a cute microcosm of their general organizing strategy yet applied within the walls of their own bookstore.

They wanted to talk to me and figure me out (and recruit me) of course. But I was up to speed enough that I mentioned I saw them burn the flag on the 4th of July, and that I liked how fast it went up in a big whoosh, and how they locked arms and grouped up when that angry fascist guy tried to attack them, but he couldn't do anything. I said the word "disciplined." And the RCP member beamed at that and then we both looked at this giant photograph on the wall of RCP cadres marching in unison wearing those shirts that say revolution on them, and they said that if you want revolution you need discipline. And I'm like, you know, I totally agree. Anyways they were very nice.
[account deactivated]
I went to a powwow saw an amerikkan flag and klanadian flag unburned, very disappointed.
Got a job at a bowling alley, I imagine I'll have some whimsical, lighthearted adventures there before a co-worker and I fall in love together as a satisfactory conclusion to the story.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Update: Still tutoring at my current university but also have begun substitute teaching work in earnest at local schools. Have tried to be more sociable with the people I work with and fellow graduate students. So I am doing better than I have been. Even dogs deserve their day under the sun.
Started a reading group and joined a different one in the same day. Spreading Mao to the people in my immediate vicinity. We discussed "On Practice" for our first meeting and a SAlt Trotskyist said "I wanted to disagree with Mao but he keeps being right". More importantly, some previously politically uninvolved people are interested and excited to engage with these ideas. I lent my copy of Settlers to one guy after the meeting. In the other group, some people have begun to change their mind about the Syrian situation after a discussion about the American role there and the YPG's previous collaboration.
For me, it's really nice to finally have places to actively discuss and promote communism irl and it's really great to see such a warm reception for these ideas.
[account deactivated]
the best way of starting a circle is to use a compass
Shameful truth I get high and watch toyotathons av.
first accumulated snow, was -20 this morning, dog didn't give a fuck and just wanted to play forever. dogs rule
first frost predicted later this week, had to wear a jacket earlier because it was below 15c. miserable weather. cat status, still an asshole. cats rule
It’s still hitting the 80s where I live
Land lord came by again, said he was going to raise rent again. Jokes on him in 20 year they'll be lynching him.
I've been trying to learn pop music on the guitar. I've always thought I had a bad ear and a lot of the stuff I really want to play is jazz fusion avant garde funk complicated stuff that I get discouraged trying to learn and inevitably abandon.

The other day I was listening to a pop song though and I was able to figure out the chords really fast because they were simple so maybe if I just start learning pop songs it'll help build my ear.
+1 because i just spent all day figuring out some snarky puppy on guitar and it was very gratifying. my ear for chords is pretty bad so i have a habit of only picking out melody/rhythm. i usually have to lean on outside resources to understand chords. trying to work on that.

i too want to ascend to play lots of weird shit but i would agree that studying more approachable music is very helpful up to a point (for me it's reggae)
[account deactivated]

jansenist_drugstore posted:

can you'll read tabs?

Yeah but I don't like tabs. I can read music. About five years ago I was not "good" by any means but I was a lot better, I learned a lot of jazz music off sheets, knew my modes etc. I started off with classical guitar a longer time ago and before that played violin so reading music has never been too much of an issue for me (subdivision remains, or has become, more difficult as I've got rusty).

However I really just want to develop with much more fluency the ability to hear things and be able to play them, to understand harmony etc.

It's funny the other guy mentioned Snarky Puppy, I was listening to the Jacob Collier thing with him the other day because I'd ran into Collier in Manhattan very briefly (I was in a rush) and think that little event inspired me again (unfortunately his handshake transferred me no powers).